Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"The Heart of a Matar"

Venomous_X

Reaction score
So ultimately what was the cause of all the blown engines?
lead foot syndrome...:canada: not double clutching like he should.....granny shifting.....suprised he didn't blow the intake welds after that 100 shot....

darthyota

Reaction score
Looking good keith hope you get it all back together again are you going to get David to road test the tune for you?

dramad1

Reaction score
Venomous_X said:
^ LOL, who are you?

Me I'm nobody just trying to get a rise outta of the both of you. Just another blown x that's all I am. Lol

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Me I'm nobody just trying to get a rise outta of the both of you. Just another blown x that's all I am. Lol
challenge-accepted-1.png

KETCHUP

Reaction score
So ultimately what was the cause of all the blown engines?

tuning issues. knock. these engines can't take knock. nothing to do with driving. still haven't taken the other motors apart, but likely the same causes. a few things we are going to do for next time. some things to cool down the intake temps and help with the exit of the exhaust. close close close watch on the tunes. it took Dan 20 tunes to get his MK3 right. I don't know if its EP or what? Hard to say.

lead foot syndrome...:canada: not double clutching like he should.....granny shifting.....suprised he didn't blow the intake welds after that 100 shot....

:biggrin: :motz: :laugh:

Last edited:

STONER-X

Reaction score
hay ketchup....

did you think of doing the 4x4 oil pan and pick up since you have it all out????

DO IT!!!

(i don't know if you mentioned doing it if you did) :smile:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
tuning issues. knock. these engines can't take knock. nothing to do with driving. still haven't taken the other motors apart, but likely the same causes. a few things we are going to do for next time. some things to cool down the intake temps and help with the exit of the exhaust. close close close watch on the tunes. it took Dan 20 tunes to get his MK3 right. I don't know if its EP or what? Hard to say.

:biggrin: :motz: :laugh:

Yeah I gathered that the end result was knock, but was wondering if you ever found the root of it, what are you doing this time around so it doesn't cost you another engine? Are you using that split second module?

butters607

Reaction score
Yeah I gathered that the end result was knock, but was wondering if you ever found the root of it, what are you doing this time around so it doesn't cost you another engine? Are you using that split second module?

X-1 not sure what was going on his fuel trims were dead on so it wasnt that I looked before we took the blown motor out

Murderface

Reaction score

Thats what I heard that he drives it like he stole it 24/7

tuning issues. knock. these engines can't take knock. nothing to do with driving. still haven't taken the other motors apart, but likely the same causes. a few things we are going to do for next time. some things to cool down the intake temps and help with the exit of the exhaust. close close close watch on the tunes

wonder why ur the only one to have intake temp issues? What were the temps u were seeing when ur drivin it like u stole it?:laugh: Were u filling up with 87 octane or something?

So is knock what blew the other 2-3 motors up also?

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
yes it was. And the fastest time butters did was a 13.7 he got sideways a few times too.

Lol. I have done that many a times. Best is when you lay in it, once the tail comes out, and confuse the hell out of all of the drag racers on how the hell i didn't hit a K-rail...:rockon:

And a 14.7 in a N/A 4runner is pretty damn good. :top:

:rofl:

Thats what I heard that he drives it like he stole it 24/7

wonder why ur the only one to have intake temp issues? What were the temps u were seeing when ur drivin it like u stole it?:laugh: Were u filling up with 87 octane or something?

So is knock what blew the other 2-3 motors up also?

See this is why i don't sleep at night, considering im over 140k miles....

Did all of your blown motors come after switching to the X-1? Only issues i have had with the stock AIC, since i upped to the 75mm, is running a tad to rich in low to mid RPMS @WOT...:hmmmm2:

L3G10N

Reaction score
i've never followed your builds too closely. how do you keep grenading motors?

KETCHUP

Reaction score
bad tunes. ring land failures. not "grenading" motors actually. but ur not following right...

KETCHUP

Reaction score
oh, gonna be running this procharger release valve when we put her all back together

IMG_3272.jpg

Top Bottom