Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

trd push start button

would u like to have this in ur truck

• yes

Votes: 71 81.6%
  • no

Votes: 16 18.4%

• Total voters

Alexrunner

Reaction score
I think it looks sick, but it will all depend on how much it costs

fuseaku

Reaction score
That would be freakin' sweet as hell!! I agree with Alexrunner though, it would be much dependent on the price... I also wish that site wasn't in Japanese or whatever, I wanted to read about it! :dontknow:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Id rock one as long as I can wire it with my remote starter alarm.:dontknow:

jaxchrisfla

Reaction score
i want one. i miss the clutch cancel switch on other yotas.

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
May run into issues with this as the description plainly states it is *Only for vehicle equipped with smart entry system and start system :dontknow: Sounds like it would have to be hard wired to the ECU, if it is capable of handling the command. Where are you Master Tech ???

lucke

Reaction score
May run into issues with this as the description plainly states it is *Only for vehicle equipped with smart entry system and start system :dontknow: Sounds like it would have to be hard wired to the ECU, if it is capable of handling the command. Where are you Master Tech ???
i think the hardest part would be cutting the hole for it. the s2000 start button has been used many times without issues in all other hondas, so i would think this would be the same thing:dontknow:

emo_X

Reaction score

those are car that have push buttons. the reg push button. so u can just just tak it out and put in the trd. it would be custom its just a switch if anything u would worry about is immoberlizer system lol spelling
  • ignition 12 volts to light the amber led
  • wire to the clutch switch to give the switch power
  • and a wire to the starter to give power to starter
thats just real quik, there will be relays fuss etc.

sorry for the spelling i am in a hurry

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Dont cars equipped with this come with some kind of keyfab bluetooth style key?

BlackCat

Reaction score
Dont cars equipped with this come with some kind of keyfab bluetooth style key?

Yep, they normally do - or at least the ones I've driven (Lexus and Nissan). On top of that, which button is the one that works on our trucks ? The site listed a variety of JDM models, but no mention of "Tacoma" or "HiLux" (the Australia/Asian market equivalent).

Troskey

Reaction score
i drove an altima with a push start for like 2 weeks...after i got the X back...i think i got kinda spoiled...i think it's awesome tho...would love to see the pricing on this...

lucke

Reaction score
there seems to be some confusion here...

Push button: key must be inserted into ignition slot and turned to the II position before the button is pressed to "simulate" key being turned to the III, or cranking, position.
Keyless ignition: key is a control unit based on a proximity sensor which opens the doors and allows the ignition to be turned without having the key in the ignition slot.

hope that helps with the confusion.

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
there seems to be some confusion here...

Push button: key must be inserted into ignition slot and turned to the II position before the button is pressed to "simulate" key being turned to the III, or cranking, position.
Keyless ignition: key is a control unit based on a proximity sensor which opens the doors and allows the ignition to be turned without having the key in the ignition slot.

hope that helps with the confusion.

Ahhh... Screw that then. I rather just turn the key and be done with it. I don't want to have to do the hokie pokie to turn my fuggin truck on.

Celiblue

Reaction score
i drove an altima with a push start for like 2 weeks...after i got the X back...i think i got kinda spoiled...i think it's awesome tho...would love to see the pricing on this...

Yeah i know what you mean about feeling spoiled, but it sucks that you gotta press the brake while pressing the button

Top Bottom