Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

*Updated* Toyota Pedal Recall Info

Reaction score
so what if you dont take your truck in for the recall?

i dont want that brake override on my truck.

i could see more accidents happening due to losing power steering and power brakes when my motor shuts off on the freeway, that and the fact that you no longer have an engine to produce forward movement makes you a sitting target on the fwy.- just a couple thoughts i had..

I think they said the Tacoma and Tundra ECU wasn't compatible with the reflash necessary to cut the ignition if you step on both pedals at the same time.

DC29

Reaction score
I think they said the Tacoma and Tundra ECU wasn't compatible with the reflash necessary to cut the ignition if you step on both pedals at the same time.

yeah thats what i read, i meant more on a broad scale not just the trucks but that was my fault cause i specifically said truck in the first post, my bad.

like if you dont take it in for the recall..

will they still do warranty work?

can your insurance company stop covering you?

will toyota send me letter after letter tryin to get me to take it in?

basically will anything happen from not taking it in? other than the possiblity of it hangin wide open.

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
so what if you dont take your truck in for the recall?

i dont want that brake override on my truck.

i could see more accidents happening due to losing power steering and power brakes when my motor shuts off on the freeway, that and the fact that you no longer have an engine to produce forward movement makes you a sitting target on the fwy.- just a couple thoughts i had..

I don't think it kills the engine, that would be very dangerous like you said.
I imagine that it cuts fuel and reduces power- much like hitting the rev limiter or the speed limiter.

DC29

Reaction score
I don't think it kills the engine, that would be very dangerous like you said.
I imagine that it cuts fuel and reduces power- much like hitting the rev limiter or the speed limiter.

is our limiter a fuel cut or ignition cut?

even then i could see idiots freaking out and crashing cause something other than the ordinary is happening lol, but then again im in cali and anything other than the ordinary is a reason to freak out and let go of the wheel and cover your eyes hahaha..

Top Bottom