Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

*Updated* Toyota Pedal Recall Info

05Xrunner

Reaction score
Only the end of 2010 Taco and Tundras.
We don't get the "Smart Pedals" in the recall, only the new pedal re-shaping and the replaced tibia. :top:

Odd how they can't reflash the ECU for safety, but can re-flash it for fun (TRD S/C)... :stupid:

Maybe they know Taco drivers are not stupid and alot have manual trans and know how to toss the truck in neutral in a situation. Also as of now isnt the Taco and tundra there most performance drivin rides because of the X and the 5.7 S/C system..Maybe they dont want to piss off those customers even more with the smart pedal

Rickysnickers

Reaction score
i questioned toyota about the floormats before i jumped inside my XR because it didnt have the all weather ones or the factory cloth ones. i was like wtf im about to buy a 2010 XR and its not going to have floor mats wtf is that!? then my sales guy told me, its because of one accident involving floormats that caused people to their death. but any how im still hoping to get mines from them. thanks for updating this bro:rockon:

Interesting. When I bought my '10 it had the carpet floor mats in it. However, they had those little plastic tabs, like the ones that hold tags on new clothing, through them and into the regular carpeting.

Rick

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Received new information from Toyota last night...

First post updated:top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to do this write up and post this info. I appreciate it!

X-Pablo

Reaction score
2-1.jpg

I don't see Tacoma's on this list. :dontknow:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I'm good with that. I just got a set of obx pedals for Christmas.

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
So, i have a pair of the tacoma all weather floor mats and my drivers side is wearing out, I can take them to the dealer when this goes into effect and get a new set for the front?

I too have this same issue. I am stoked that I can get them replaced. My driver side floor mat is so worn it has holes worn through the ribbing under the clutch pedal.

PiNkY

Reaction score
I personally have never had a issue w/ the pedal. I have an '05 w/ a few mods, do you think it necessary to have this fixed? I just don't feel like hearing the dealership bitch at me.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Any ideas what the "reshaping" is going to entail or look like?

So from what I understand, the problem it the pedal physically getting wedged down on the floor, there are no problems with the electronics/throttle-by-wire going on right?

Thanks for keeping us informed David

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I personally have never had a issue w/ the pedal.
I never did either.
do you think it necessary to have this fixed?
That's your call...

I would just to be on the safe side, but if you feel that you don't need it done or that you don't feel like dealing with the service dept...then that's up to you.

Any ideas what the "reshaping" is going to entail or look like?

So from what I understand, the problem it the pedal physically getting wedged down on the floor, there are no problems with the electronics/throttle-by-wire going on right?

Thanks for keeping us informed David
Yes, we got to see the re-shaped pedal at the class I went to last week.

Looks the same...they trim about 1" off the bottom of the accelerator pedal, and put a new cover on it. OR replace the pedal assembly completely for the models listed in my first post.

Last edited:

Tunedx

Reaction score
I never did either.

That's your call...

I would just to be on the safe side, but if you feel that you don't need it done or that you don't feel like dealing with the service dept...then that's up to you.

Yes, we got to see the re-shaped pedal at the class I went to last week.

Looks the same...they trim about 1" off the bottom of the accelerator pedal, and put a new cover on it. OR replace the pedal assembly completely for the models listed in my first post.

I just purchased obx pedals. Will they be compatable with the new pedal design?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
I just purchased obx pedals. Will they be compatable with the new pedal design?

The brake and clutch pedal won't be affected by this, as of right now, Toyota is only fixing the gas pedal. And I'm not sure if the OBX pedal cover will fit the smaller pedal, I guess it all depends on how long the clips are on the back of the cover

Grumpy

Reaction score
This "smart pedal" is a buzz kill if you do any heel & toe downshifting than. :thumpdown:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
When can I get my 2 front floormats replaced? Do I need to wait for the notice?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
When can I get my 2 front floormats replaced? Do I need to wait for the notice?
You're 'supposed' to wait till you receive the letter from Toyota, only because they are doing this recall in waves depending on what model (Camry, Avalon, Tacoma, Tundra, etc...). But I'd imagine if you went to the dealership complaining, they may replace them on the spot.

We haven't even received the "new style" all weather mats yet...so I would wait another week (at least) until dealers can stock up on them:top:

808XR10

Reaction score
Make sure your truck HAD floormats from the factory. If it didn't come with them from the factory, you're SOL. They will not just give you new mats just because your truck didn't have them when you bought it. And if they do give you new ones, they will be the NEW STYLE all-weather mats...and they only replace the front 2, not all 4.

And unlike previously stated when this was first brought to the publics attention, the carpeted mats ARE NOT covered.
i see so the 2010 XR's suppose to come with the all weather floor mats then. hmmm i should just wait until they call me in then because when i bought my truck it didnt come with anything...thanks

2006nightrider

Reaction score
i see so the 2010 XR's suppose to come with the all weather floor mats then. hmmm i should just wait until they call me in then because when i bought my truck it didnt come with anything...thanks
What? I don't think you understand what I'm saying...

On the ORIGINAL sticker from when the truck was first sold as a new vehicle, it must say on there that it came with all weather mats.

Just because YOUR truck didn't come with mats, DOESN'T mean Toyota owes you them.

What's the vin# on your truck and I'll tell you if you're getting mats or not.

trd_sport

Reaction score
I have been thinking aboiut this alot lately. If you care to read Ill explain why. 2 months ago my neighbor was killed in a car accident. She was driving a toyota suv ( I cant remember exactly what model). I went over to my parents house just as the cops rolled up to inform the husband of the accident. That was a hard night for everyone because of the type of accident. She was leaving the neighborhood and there is a light at the 4 lane cross road. She went right through the light and the intersection running into a tree on the other side. I went and looked at the scene and what I concluded at the time was that she must have been hauling ass to go as far as she did across the intersection, through a brick pillar fence, another 30 ft through the grass and into the tree. Noone knows what the cause was. We will prolly never know, but it makes me think about this recall and how scary it would be to have this happen.

Top Bottom