Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD S/C 1/4 mile time

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
i'll see sometime soon. but i wouldn't even want to post it if i couldn't break in to the 13's... if i cant get 13.999, ya'll probably will never know!!! :laugh:

What you should have done was make a N/A run before installing the supercharger. That way you'd be racing against yourself and lots of variable would be eliminated vs another driver in another truck on a different track in a different part of the country at a different time of the year (if you get the point).

I bet in that situation you would be much happier with the result. Ask Jaegermeister :top: (he has a TRD, but same concept). I raced him N/A and barely won. With the S/C, no contest... I wasn't even close.

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
well gadget that would definantly sell more kits thats for sure. why dont you bring it down to socal and let me run that thing down the track. so we can get some 12 sec 1/4 miles lol that urd kit ran a 13.4 on 4wd just like super werty so it would have been a great challenge and maybe even faster if he stripped wieght too

Gadget

Reaction score
Just trying to understand why a hand full of people on here with TRD systems are so obsessed with the URD system. It would make sense if they were thinking of upgrading, but that does not seem to be the case.

Gadget

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
we all just want to know how fast the urd is? nobody races them. 13.4 on 10psi thats more then the trd guys

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
There are just as many N/A people that speculate on the URD kits that have no intention of buying one :laugh:

I still remember back when the TRD kits first came out, there was so much back and forth over which will be "better" or faster. The only reason all that talk faded away was b/c the TRD trucks have been the only ones on the track.

Gadget

Reaction score
Well there is a slight chance that the new MKII will be faster than the older one.

I have street raced a few of the older ones and it sure seems to me that the new MKII is a good bit quicker and much faster top end.

I am sure that once we start shipping kits out, some customers might head down to the track.

Gadget

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Here is a guy with a 1/4 mile time for you.

He had the older URD Supercharger. He sold the truck and the supercharger is on an XR in West VA and I am told it is even faster now.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265379

Gadget

If there is proof of that run, IE time slip, the rest of the data (trap, 1/8th, etc), video, then that would be enough proof for me to acknowledge it. But the fact that it is so much faster then any of the other times, it brings up questions and doubt.

My doubt is this... explain to me how he's running 10psi of boost on the 80mm pulley. I thought that the 70mm pulley was needed to run 9.5-10psi, and the 80 was only good to 7-8psi? Am I mistaken? :dontknow:

Super Werty

Reaction score
Maybe Gadget will race me when he gets here....:biggrin:

hint hint:rockon:

disciple X

Reaction score
this is all my doings gadget... i'm the one asking questions and stirring the pot... any you know i'm urd... :laugh: if you had a dollar for every time i've called you in the past month... you'd probably be like 30 dollars richer...lol. i'm glad to see somebody with the urd in the 13's.... as soon as i get my bug worked out, i'm hittin the track, and everybody will have some new info... the proof is in the slips...

i saw the 80 mm pulley too... i was wondering the same thing.

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Why are you so obsessed with URD 1/4 mile times? Are you thinking about upgrading to a URD System?

Gadget

I hear a lot of talk about how fast they are. I would like to see how fast they really are. And being that noone in my neck of the woods has one I can't see for myself. I would love to see it, maybe I'm missing out... :wink:

Well there is a slight chance that the new MKII will be faster than the older one.

I have street raced a few of the older ones and it sure seems to me that the new MKII is a good bit quicker and much faster top end.

I am sure that once we start shipping kits out, some customers might head down to the track.

Gadget

This would be my guess. Being that it was all tuned and dyno'd on the same dyno, it is only safe to assume that it would be faster. :driver:

Gadget

Reaction score
If there is proof of that run, IE time slip, the rest of the data (trap, 1/8th, etc), video, then that would be enough proof for me to acknowledge it. But the fact that it is so much faster then any of the other times, it brings up questions and doubt.

My doubt is this... explain to me how he's running 10psi of boost on the 80mm pulley. I thought that the 70mm pulley was needed to run 9.5-10psi, and the 80 was only good to 7-8psi? Am I mistaken? :dontknow:

He showed me the slip, but I guess it could of been from some other vehicle.

I can tell you I road in that truck while tuning it and it was pretty quick. I can also tell you that I could not loose him in mine. It seemed that our trucks were pretty even at the time. I might be able to take him now...

His kit is on an XR in WV and he has a guy powering it up a little. They do take it to the track. I will try to get some feed back on where they are after they install the last batch of stuff I sent them and his tuner ads a couple of other things. His tuner has posted on here a while back and has three turbo Supras, one is well over 1600 HP. Anyway I am sure it will end up being the fastest MKI truck out there.

Gadget

XrunnIT

Reaction score
He showed me the slip, but I guess it could of been from some other vehicle.

I can tell you I road in that truck while tuning it and it was pretty quick. I can also tell you that I could not loose him in mine. It seemed that our trucks were pretty even at the time. I might be able to take him now...

His kit is on an XR in WV and he has a guy powering it up a little. They do take it to the track. I will try to get some feed back on where they are after they install the last batch of stuff I sent them and his tuner ads a couple of other things. His tuner has posted on here a while back and has three turbo Supras, one is well over 1600 HP. Anyway I am sure it will end up being the fastest MKI truck out there.

Gadget

That would be awesome!! Please let us know when you can get that information. :top:

Gadget

Reaction score
Maybe Gadget will race me when he gets here....:biggrin:

hint hint:rockon:

Maybe we will just let you post some awesome track times after you get your MKII system installed....

Gadget

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
or maybe you will let me drive your track gadget and let mew put up some sick times

Toyotaguy_7

Reaction score
iwth a little help from ds im thinking we are on our way to making very fast trucks with out big names love you guys!!!!!

Top Bottom