Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Spec-U Long Tube Headers

neb

Reaction score
Dyno complete

Loving the low end torque increase with these! Its hard to see on the graphs 'cause they don't go that low, but you definitely feel it. Exhaust note is awesome too. Sorry about the video quality, but you can still hear it. Overall very very satisfied with my purchase.

For the runs:
Same dyno, 5 days apart, same gas (92octane)
My truck is almost completely stock; just TRD S/C and a borla muffler. So I'm sure there is plenty of restriction in the intake and y-pipe (not for long!). The ONLY difference here is the headers. Best of 3x runs for both days.

Thanks for puttin the graph together Gadget!

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
We have shipped a good many of these header sets now and have had two reports of an installation issue that I want to give everyone the heads up on.

We have had two customers that have reported that the have had their starter cables come into contact with the headers and melt through enough to cause a short.

Those that are installing the new Spec-U headers please make sure that your starter cables are not in contact with the headers.

Those that have already installed your headers, you should take a look and make sure yours are OK or if the starter cables need to be clearanced a bit.

G

RossK35

Reaction score
Mine were touching. I noticed it after the first drive though was smoking a little. Put a zip it around them and solved the touching.

Outburst

Reaction score
is there any tests between the DTLTs and these URD LTs? I'd be interested in getting them if I saw the comparison between the two

Gadget

Reaction score
I am not aware of any direct comparison.

Looks like you would be in a good position to take care of that!!

G

Tunedx

Reaction score
Gadget any idea when equal length y-pipe is going to be released???

Post your sound clips. Curious to hear if the tin can sound is eliminated with urd spec headers...

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
It will be released when I am completely happy with it.

Tin can rattling??

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait. Don't you have a dyno Gadget?

shane881510

Reaction score
Can u get these headers in a natural stainless. I'd like the have plan stainless instead of coated. I gotta cut off the flange anyway and put a v band on it or can u hook me up with a v band already done g man.

Top Bottom