Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Trac Bar Finished!

FireB

Reaction score
I am thinking I would need the new crush washer for the drain plug (If it has any) ?

Clewis333

Reaction score
Ummm... I just retightened the plug. there was a washer on it. so i didn't worry about it.
No leaking...

Murderface

Reaction score
I am thinking I would need the new crush washer for the drain plug (If it has any) ?

No need, it's not a crush washer. I've had mine off and on a few times with absolutely no issues. If u don't have a metric socket to fit the plug I believe a 13/16ths socket is the same size

Clewis333

Reaction score
No need, it's not a crush washer. I've had mine off and on a few times with absolutely no issues. If u don't have a metric socket to fit the plug I believe a 13/16ths socket is the same size

Or a pipe wrench if you're an idiot and strip the livin sh*t out of it like i did :motz:

FireB

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.
I just felt lazy to go to a Toyota Dealer to get just 1 washer you know what I mean?!

I think I will spray PB Blaster overnight before taking any of the bolts off.

Bought the oil (Kinda expensive!!) and going to Sears tomorrow for some Crow Feet 14mm Wrench!
I do have the metric sets but what does 13/16th replace metrically?

Clewis333

Reaction score
(13/16) in = 20.6375 millimeters

is what google calc says.

FireB

Reaction score
Cool, I wonder if I have a socket that is 20.6375 in size!!
LOL
I guess it would be a 20mm socket.
Thank you

Any torque specs for the New Diff bolts you have installed?

Emanon

Reaction score
Sears tomorrow for some Crow Feet 14mm Wrench!

For my install crow feet was about as useful a turd in a punchbowl. There was no room for it to tighten the nut, it kept hitting the sides of the opening in the bracket.

Stole an idea from Ketchup & Butters and bought a set of these. Cut the 19mm end off the 17 & 19 combo wrench and it took just seconds to tighten the top nut.
oUWyVDRVI1eexJfgjakW_IGdKfuW6933XCZJIXAnPEyePICG4QLktbv6Saw9cUUprdepF3lg8KG3AmxdOF3kXXGTseJa9S65dmQPSGQ3kzIrOOZdhjTg_i4Ebz3P0H5W_ycfV3vmEXupaOOwHFCKLA

$17 bones at an auto parts store and money well spent.

YMMV.:smile:

FireB

Reaction score
For my install crow feet was about as useful a turd in a punchbowl. There was no room for it to tighten the nut, it kept hitting the sides of the opening in the bracket.

Stole an idea from Ketchup & Butters and bought a set of these. Cut the 19mm end off the 17 & 19 combo wrench and it took just seconds to tighten the top nut.
oUWyVDRVI1eexJfgjakW_IGdKfuW6933XCZJIXAnPEyePICG4QLktbv6Saw9cUUprdepF3lg8KG3AmxdOF3kXXGTseJa9S65dmQPSGQ3kzIrOOZdhjTg_i4Ebz3P0H5W_ycfV3vmEXupaOOwHFCKLA

$17 bones at an auto parts store and money well spent.

YMMV.:smile:

Yes I saw the post on this and wondered if that is really worth it?!
I guess it is.
Probably cheaper than going Crow Feet.

However, how much do you have to cut on the wrench itself?
From what you are describing, it seems like it is a 17mm bolt that goes on the diff case housing?

Exciting!! :rockon:

Emanon

Reaction score
It's the top bolt and mean sumbitch of a bolt. Oh and $17 got me 5 piece wrench set not just the 17/19. I cut off about 5-6CM enough to leave it long enough for leverage but clear exhaust.

FireB

Reaction score
Interesting, I should just go Auto Zone or something to get that set!
Thank you so much for the info!

I am gonna attack this project this weekend!

Clewis333

Reaction score
I Honestly have no idea how you guys used a wrench on that biotch...
crow foot + Extension worked like a million bucks for me...

Emanon

Reaction score
I Honestly have no idea how you guys used a wrench on that biotch...
crow foot + Extension worked like a million bucks for me...

You're lucky.:top:

Production variances. Jaeger had no problem with using a crowfoot on his trac bar whereas there was no way in hell one would work for me. He and I tried for quite awhile and thought we had it. I went back a week later and the nut slipped right off.

The angled wrench fits perfectly thru the opening in the outside bracket. Ketchup happened to visit and I asked him to bring his and OMG it's the ish for tightening that nut. I picked my set up when BlackCat and I went to El Paso for the motor install. Had Keith help me cut and smooth it down in the shop. $17 bones is cheap piece of mind for knowing I'll be able to remove or tighten that nut if need be.

808XR10

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my trac bar to come, is anybody else waiting for theirs?
Well I wanna be prepared for the install so what size crow feet wrench do I buy?

Clewis333

Reaction score
I already got mine, but URD just sent me an email saying that they are shipping it now? (4th)

Clewis333

Reaction score
14mm, I had to buy a whole set which was spensiive as alll hell,
but ya gotta have the right tools..

gregincali

Reaction score
Did I miss it in the thread somewhere? how much oil to refill the diff.

Top Bottom