Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD Trac Bar Finished!

FireB

Reaction score
hmm......... I guess it wasn't enough!
I'm gonna blot that sucker and make sure that it stops leaking!

Clewis333

Reaction score
wow, that reallly blows, cuz i hate trying to jam those rear diff bushing on there, probably the hardest part... big pain in the @$$ if you have to redo the diff studs

JerseyXR07

Reaction score
what are the full list of tools needed for this install. uncle sam sent me to cali and all my tools and reasources are back on the east coast. wondering if it will be pointless to try to do it in my parking lot.

Clewis333

Reaction score
well.. lemme see if i can make a rough list... you need a really big socket for the differential plug (or pipe wrench in my case) and then you need a metric socket set. ummm gratuitous amounts of wd 40, some crescent wrenches for the "double nut" technique, and the instructions that come with the trac bar...
oh and you need a jack and jack stand...
you should be able to do this in your parking lot...

i hope uncle sam sends me to cali

xrgilly

Reaction score
I used the blue thread lock. No leaks I also put some silicone around the studs after.
then put the washers on and tightened everything up.

We just need proper studs with shoulders like the stock ones not just welds smoothed out but I'm guessing they don't make them that size if urd doesn't use them

Last edited:

Clewis333

Reaction score
I used the blue thread lock. No leaks I also put some silicone around the studs after.
then put the washers on and tightened everything up.

We just need proper studs with shoulders like the stock ones not just welds smoothed out but I'm guessing they don't make them that size if urd doesn't use them

Huh? URD gives you larger diff studs in the Trac bar package... idk what your talking about:hmmmm2:

FireB

Reaction score
Huh? URD gives you larger diff studs in the Trac bar package... idk what your talking about:hmmmm2:

I think what he means is that the stock one comes with a full 360 shoulder as to an URD one that has just one or two welding spot on where the shoulder is supposed to be.
Maybe leading it to leakage from that section.
It's basically one long bolt divided by just those small welds.

I think that's what he means!
:top:

Top Bottom