Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIR- June 9-10th

azburnin

Reaction score
True at least she didnt go off like the lotus and crunch her lid

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know for a fact that when i get my truck running, i am going to hit up road atlanta in GA. I have a co-worker who wants to do that as well, when he finishes his build. Pretty sweet old Toyota. Should turn a few heads like you guys did at VIR.

We have been watching those racing videos of guys over and over. Makes the itch to have our trucks up and running, hurt like poison ivy. Just cant stop thinking about it.

Last edited:

trd_sport

Reaction score
Having this be a possibility during a TexFest would be pretty damn sweet. Or even just a meet like what you guys had. We have a place here called MSR Houston. Closer than the drag strip. (Gadget will understand that reference.)

Hmm.......
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh:rolleyez:

azburnin

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to watch the video!! Aghhhhh

AmyGuyClayton

Reaction score
I still haven't been able to watch the video!! Aghhhhh

Is it because you cant play it on mobile device? If so im sorry. You tube is being a pain in the ass!! It has something to do with the music i attached to the video being banned in Germany. So you half to watch it on a computer with an IP address so they know your not in Germany. What a pain!! I have re-uploaded it twice.

I also made us an official Photo / Video page on XRU for the event. Here is the link

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=49615

azburnin

Reaction score
It's because im in Baltimore, MD doing a fleet week event and the Marriott is so cheap they don't have free Internet lol. Not using up ally data lOl.

Gadget

Reaction score
My Dad was out on my sister's boat watching the show and he said that he saw one of the Navy's go fast boats. From what he said it sounded like a MkV. He should know, he is the guy that arraigned the C-5 flights for them when he was at USSOC at McDill.

G

Whitebeauty

Reaction score
I am screwed.

My XRunner is broken. The diff started to howel really bad yesterday and on the way in to work today I got on it and I think I snapped a tooth off the ring gear. So, it will not be making the trip.

Now I have to decide to bring my car or not go at all.

Sucks...

G

Going through all the pages now and just saw this.......Would have been pretty neat if u took your 4r out there.....lol..seriously though.

azburnin

Reaction score
My Dad was out on my sister's boat watching the show and he said that he saw one of the Navy's go fast boats. From what he said it sounded like a MkV. He should know, he is the guy that arraigned the C-5 flights for them when he was at USSOC at McDill.

G

Oh yeah that was us, there was a huge armada of boats out there all waiving at us having a good ol time. We had a massive crowd of people out there to see. The fort had at so many more people then Sat. Insane!

Finally saw the VIDEO! Awesome! man o man that was great editing and everything!

Last edited:

Mjp92284

Reaction score
Pretty funny right? LOL I'm installing some brake cooling ducts as we speak. Game face! Those sports cars just don't realize who's coming.

Any updates and the Brake Vents? I was thinking about doing something like this instead of replacing my fog lights.

BondXII

Reaction score
Any updates and the Brake Vents? I was thinking about doing something like this instead of replacing my fog lights.

I need to put these back in before May. He ones I did for the last TrackDaze we went to, I bought two offset horns and ran to ducting to the lower control arms and pointed it at the brakes. Worked surprisingly well. I was think of removing my fog lights and run them that we this year. I was also considering welding a coupler to the brake dust shield to connect the ducting to. Then there be a more direct airflow to the rotors. I'll have to dig around to see if I can find the pictures of them installed before.

Miami_X

Reaction score
I need to put these back in before May. He ones I did for the last TrackDaze we went to, I bought two offset horns and ran to ducting to the lower control arms and pointed it at the brakes. Worked surprisingly well. I was think of removing my fog lights and run them that we this year. I was also considering welding a coupler to the brake dust shield to connect the ducting to. Then there be a more direct airflow to the rotors. I'll have to dig around to see if I can find the pictures of them installed before.

You'll have to post some pictures of that, Buck. I'd love to see your solution to the cooling problem.

BondXII

Reaction score
You'll have to post some pictures of that, Buck. I'd love to see your solution to the cooling problem.

Mike had the real setup... He got a deal on a couple NASCAR blowers and was able to have forced air from the fog light holes. He also left them blowing a little after the heat was over to ensure that they cooled completely. I just took a slow scenic tour at the end of the heat to keep the air flowing until I made it back to the garage.

Thought about buying a couple of these and retro fit them for the truck.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aaf-all42117/applications

Last edited:

azburnin

Reaction score
Well having drilled rotors will also help out with heat issues, I didn't really have an issue with brake fad or them being too hot. If you're running stock brakes, then yes run some ducting.

Top Bottom