Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIR- June 9-10th

BondXII

Reaction score
Well having drilled rotors will also help out with heat issues, I didn't really have an issue with brake fad or them being too hot. If you're running stock brakes, then yes run some ducting.

That was my issue. Hopefully not by the time this event comes around. Brake ducts are a must for events like this. Sean had those sweet brakes that would take your breath away if you hit the brakes too hard. LOL. Proven during my "test drive" I took in it. Now it's Autobodyx's so I assume that brake ducts aren't a concern for him this time around.

autobodyX

Reaction score
That was my issue. Hopefully not by the time this event comes around. Brake ducts are a must for events like this. Sean had those sweet brakes that would take your breath away if you hit the brakes too hard. LOL. Proven during my "test drive" I took in it. Now it's Autobodyx's so I assume that brake ducts aren't a concern for him this time around.
If you think the stop tech pads worked good you should feel the carbotechs on this setup I have now, front and rear. They are aggressive and build a lot of heat but my brake ducting control it well. Everything I had on the 06 I have transferred to the 09 and made a few little improvements, the 4" blocks in the rear made it a challenge especially on the left side.

azburnin

Reaction score
So upgraded the pads, I could only imagine what that does to the truck at 120mph haha. I'd love to see it now! Did you get the rear set up the way you want?

autobodyX

Reaction score
So upgraded the pads, I could only imagine what that does to the truck at 120mph haha. I'd love to see it now! Did you get the rear set up the way you want?

Yes, I went with smooth rotors on the rear instead of slotted and drilled. Installed the SS lines and my brake ducts. When every things up to temperature it just about pops my eyes out hitting the brakes hard.

Top Bottom