Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIR Track Day - May 4-5

azburnin

Reaction score
The good ol guys from tundra racing gave me a good rear conversion. And I heard G's burn out while we were in the class room. Lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pulling out on the track I accidentally lit up the rear tires and left a long double S line out of the grid.

I did not mean to do that at all and at first did not think it was me until the ass end started to fish all over the place. Got a good ass chewing for that one.

G

Inner child letting it rip! :laugh:

autobodyX

Reaction score
ROFLMAO...

Wish I could have seen that G!
PM'd you BTW

Looks like that ECU had some drift left in it G:adore:

8718465480_caf6e45044_z.jpg

I have a video up now but don't know how to imbed it on here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FTDgsi4toLU

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Yea, I think the UCON thinks it is still in Kevin's truck...

G

macg33k

Reaction score
Here's a few pics that I got from the on-site photographer... :rockon:

Attachments

• JP_X1.jpg
    JP_X1.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 95
  • JP_X2.jpg
    JP_X2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 92
  • JP_X3.jpg
    JP_X3.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 87

Gadget

Reaction score
It does look like your truck leans less than mine. Looks like it corners much flatter.

G

azburnin

Reaction score
Hell I didn't even notice the skid marks, hahaha

Gadget

Reaction score
You have much less body roll also. What suspension upgrades do you have?

G

autobodyX

Reaction score
Look at the slip angle on the tires, in the full 10 pixel photo it really shows. I have the DJM drop and the old twelve higher ppl springs up front and X11 sways.

Gadget

Reaction score
I am not going to do the DJM. Jeff was running the 12P kit. Going to take a good look at that one.

My instructor asked if I was going to consider getting a dedicated track CAR. I told him I already have and your sitting in it...

Maybe I will get a Malibu.

G

SIK X

Reaction score
Man that looks like a badass track. Will have to come do that with y'all one year. Nice pics and vids.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Screw the Malibu. 12P drop with Coilovers. Want to get really wild, do a 4-link like Clifford. 4 corner coilovers. Woot!

Sik X, they have more events through out the year. Plenty of time left to make it happen.

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
I am not going to do the DJM. Jeff was running the 12P kit. Going to take a good look at that one.

My instructor asked if I was going to consider getting a dedicated track CAR. I told him I already have and your sitting in it...

G
I been told the same thing.

macg33k

Reaction score

G

Yeh, I'm VERY happy with my XII Performance Track Ready kit. It truly delivers on the "track-ready" name.

That Malibu was crazy!!! For those of you who weren't there: There was a fairly new Chevy Malibu that ran in the Novice group with Gadget and me. We laughed when we saw him in the paddock Saturday AM, but then we were very surprised when that very same Malibu passed (I think) both of us at some point during the weekend. I never did get to ask the owner what kind of mods he has done to it. A quick look at it only revealed the driver's seat replaced with a racing seat. So, I'd call it a pretty sweet sleeper. :top:

Edit: Here's a video that Malibu guy posted on YouTube yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nXJElYKQ78

Speaking of seats, those damn FR-S seats make me want to do a seat swap so I'll stay more planted in the cockpit next time. You can see in a couple of my videos taken from inside the cab how much my instructor and I are shifting around in the turns. Hang on to something!!!!! :biggrin:

Gadget

Reaction score
I let that Malibu by just so I could run him back down. I was very surprised that it was kind of hard to keep up with him. I had a Malibu like that as a company car a few years ago and it totally sucked. That car is not stock at all.

Need to check with 1GRRacer about that gizmo for the air bags so we can swap in good seats. My left knee is sore from pressing it into the door trying to hang on.

G

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I rolled up towells and jammed them between my leg and the door and my leg and the center console. Factory seats are hot garbage lol.

Top Bottom