Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIR Track Day - May 4-5

Gadget

Reaction score
Had a blast!!!!

IMG_1768_zps885d9738.jpg

IMG_4172_zpsb30ef377.jpg

G

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score
Nice pics of the truck Gadget!!

waiting for video clip of you to buffer....2-3 min time to load each minute of video :thumbdown:

Demented Dave in Boring Bagram

I think I figured it out - Gadget just stopped for a smoke break and some red-bull!!

Last edited:

azburnin

Reaction score
"Careful now!" Ahahaha

This trip I think we all improved so much, I tried so hard to not go off with my awesome Prius tires and gadget tried not toooo...... Oh wait lol. I only scared my girlfriend a little when she rode with me. I think I might of scared Jeff too ;p

Hey can one of you post up when then post data tags

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
IMG_2455_zps3a4bca26.jpg

The guy in the Subi commented that he was very impressed how fast that truck is!!

G

macg33k

Reaction score
Data tag results are now posted! Looks like my best was a 02:35.803 - and that was in the final few laps of yesterday's last session. That's about 3 seconds faster than last year. I was hoping for a larger improvement, but oh well. My tag # was 12565.

And nope, Sean, you didn't scare me at all. I had a blast drifting with ya at 80! :biggrin:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely sounds like you guys all had a freakin' blast. Sorry if I sound so excited, but I am. Amps me up thinking about how soon I will finally be able to partake in the fun.

Seeing the URD truck on the track, is something that I have wanted to see for a VERY long time. And really nice pictures too.

It will be a little bit, but can't wait to watch the GoPro footage.

Kind of looks like Gadget is drifting in that last picture.

azburnin

Reaction score
It's a hard left that suspension was crying under that turn. I forgot to get my data number off my car :p I gotta go down to the parking garage

macg33k

Reaction score
While I'm waiting for one of my GoPro videos to upload, here's a quick video I shot of another group (maybe the black group?) running. View is looking towards the climbing esses. Note the wide variety of different cars running out there. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfAohL3sJQ8

azburnin

Reaction score
Alright just looked at my fastest time 2:31.8. I wish I was able to get lower but no dice. Scratch that I turned a 2:31.5. With Jeff no less

Last edited:

macg33k

Reaction score
Glad I could help you shave off 3 more tenths. :laugh:

Ok, here's the video I uploaded this morning. If you skip to 2:20, you'll get a nice shot of me pointing Gadget by.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGOevZkOEc[/ame]

Last edited:

Gadget

Reaction score
Wow, did you hear the exhaust on my truck!!!

G

autobodyX

Reaction score
Wow, did you hear the exhaust on my truck!!!

G
Shameless URD plug, Did sound good! I guss my red truck was faster:hmmmm2:

My DATA tag # was 1250305/05/13 04:48 PM00:02:33.126

azburnin

Reaction score
Shameless URD plug, Did sound good! I guss my red truck was faster:hmmmm2:

My DATA tag # was 1250305/05/13 04:48 PM00:02:33.126

You sure your looking at it right? I see 2:32.1 as your fastest time. :biggrin:

12503 05/04/13 02:14 PM 00:02:32.119

Gadget

Reaction score
Well, time to the carnage report for the weekend.

1. My rear brakes are fried. Need to replace the shoes and drums, but might be time for a rear disc conversion. Anyone have good luck with one of the kits out there??

2. My APR throw out bearing is howling its ass off. I am dreading dropping that trans yet again...

Oh, did I tell you guys I got black flagged off of the course??

G

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score

1. My rear brakes are fried. Need to replace the shoes and drums, but might be time for a rear disc conversion. Anyone have good luck with one of the kits out there??

2. My APR throw out bearing is howling its ass off. I am dreading dropping that trans yet again...

G
You could look into a 4runner/fj rear brake system. Did you get upgraded to a higher class when you were blacked flagged?

GrumpyOldMan

Reaction score

G

APR? who's that?? :laugh:

what'd ya get black-flagged for??

Gadget

Reaction score
Pulling out on the track I accidentally lit up the rear tires and left a long double S line out of the grid.

I did not mean to do that at all and at first did not think it was me until the ass end started to fish all over the place. Got a good ass chewing for that one.

G

Top Bottom