Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIS Carbon Fiber Hood GB!!!

Shanes56

Reaction score
VIS Carbon Fiber Hood Group Buy!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ViS Racing hoods are super lightweight and made with high quality, grade A carbon fiber. They offer thick multi-layer carbon fiber, excellent fitment, and Super High Gloss Finish. Each hood is manufactured with an OEM factory skeleton underneath to ensure durability and stability. ViS Carbon Fiber Hoods have a tight carbon weave, rolled edges, and one piece under siding. Make sure when purchasing a ViS hood, look for the ViS Authenticity Badge. Available for all models.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The hoods are also UV coated, providing a high gloss, non-fading finish. Although carbon fiber hoods cost more than fiberglass, they don't need any painting or prep-work, therefore, saving you hundreds of dollars and headache. Just unpack and install!!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Installation Notes:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The hoods install using factory hinges for installation. All hoods also come with a latch. We recommend the usage of hood pins for all hoods. Hood pins sold separately. Carbon fiber hoods can also be painted to match your car, but its not necessary. Hoods with any open vents come with a removable plate that prevents water from getting inside the engine compartment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Upon receipt of shipping check hood for any damage, once signed for received the hood is nonrefundable if any damage occurs in shipping.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
cfh1ny3.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
DSC_3076-1.jpg
100_2070.jpg

[/FONT]

GB Cost = $650 + shipped (continental US, Canada and HI additional fees apply)
Group Buy will end June 2nd, 2008 and 11:59 PM

0. Shanes56

Last edited:

navy jackal

Reaction score
how much lighter is it over the stock hood. and would it be possible to install the c2c hood struts with this hood.

Shanes56

Reaction score
OEM hood is 54lbs, VIS hood is 24lbs. And yes it is possible to have the hood struts but only one, it has a OEM under frame. :top: If you chose to use the hood strut if anything happens it will not be covered under the VIS warranty.

how much lighter is it over the stock hood. and would it be possible to install the c2c hood struts with this hood.

Last edited:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
VIS Carbon Fiber Hood Group Buy!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ViS Racing hoods are super lightweight and made with high quality, grade A carbon fiber. They offer thick multi-layer carbon fiber, excellent fitment, and Super High Gloss Finish. Each hood is manufactured with an OEM factory skeleton underneath to ensure durability and stability. ViS Carbon Fiber Hoods have a tight carbon weave, rolled edges, and one piece under siding. Make sure when purchasing a ViS hood, look for the ViS Authenticity Badge. Available for all models.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The hoods are also UV coated, providing a high gloss, non-fading finish. Although carbon fiber hoods cost more than fiberglass, they don't need any painting or prep-work, therefore, saving you hundreds of dollars and headache. Just unpack and install!!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Installation Notes:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The hoods install using factory hinges for installation. All hoods also come with a latch. We recommend the usage of hood pins for all hoods. Hood pins sold separately. Carbon fiber hoods can also be painted to match your car, but its not necessary. Hoods with any open vents come with a removable plate that prevents water from getting inside the engine compartment.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Upon receipt of shipping check hood for any damage, once signed for received the hood is nonrefundable if any damage occurs in shipping.
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

GB Cost = $660 shipped (continental US, Canada and HI additional fees apply)
Group Buy will end June 2th, 2008 and 11:59 PM

Cost after GB ends will be $700 + shipping

0. Shanes56
1. DallasCowboys

:top:Thanks Shane.

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Shane Shane Shane!! How did you know I wanted a Carbon Fiber Hood?? You must be Psychic. I was looking for a vendor that I could trust and BAM there you are. :top: Once payment is received how long will it take to get to my door?

PLCX

Reaction score
you cant use the washer fluid. right?

2006nightrider

Reaction score
hmmmmmmmmmmm...................:motz::motz::motz::motz::motz:...:argh:...:motz::motz::motz::motz:

ACEE-TL

Reaction score
i'm selling my truck and getting a pinto. There is no parts out for a pinto....maybe I'll save money. Wish I could have the money by the 2nd. bump for another awesome deal

Shanes56

Reaction score
I will find some! or make some dont worry with me around and the other vendors you will always have empty pockets. :top: haha

i'm selling my truck and getting a pinto. There is no parts out for a pinto....maybe I'll save money. Wish I could have the money by the 2nd. bump for another awesome deal

eXuser01

Reaction score
carbon fiber hood or leaf springs..carbon fiber hood or leafs...hmmm decisions decisions hahah shane when you hit us you hit us hard hahah

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
not from what i saw in person. its not a direct replacement
Whoooaaa. I may stand corrected. I read where these have the holes for the wiper fluid jets. But I see that in the pics nobody is using them. Maybe Shane can look into this.

emo_X

Reaction score
Whoooaaa. I may stand corrected. I read where these have the holes for the wiper fluid jets. But I see that in the pics nobody is using them. Maybe Shane can look into this.

u will have to make the holes bigger they are to small this is not a big deal. get a small file and do it slow to get it tight should take u no more that 15min

remember u can always take off not put back:top:

great deal man i am never going to get a s/c :motz:

Reaction score
you cannot use the stock washers without major modifacation. I have yet to put my washers in (mines the blue one in the pictures) there is no spot underneath the hood to run the lines and yes you can file it down on the top to make them fit, but you would have to drill a hole underneath the hood to pull the line through

emo_X

Reaction score
you cannot use the stock washers without major modifacation. I have yet to put my washers in (mines the blue one in the pictures) there is no spot underneath the hood to run the lines and yes you can file it down on the top to make them fit, but you would have to drill a hole underneath the hood to pull the line through

thanks fro the info :top: drill u a little 1/4 hole on the bottom side and run hose up throw the hood with a coat hanger install hose on sprayer then pull the slack back in and pop the sprayer in place:top:

Top Bottom