Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

VIS Carbon Fiber Hood GB!!!

Clokwrk

Reaction score
Want one SOOOO bad. Should've got it when I had the money. I'll get one eventually. Cant wait.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
this is a good group buy shane. thanks bro. i wish i had the money for this or else i would purchase one. maybe in a couple of weeks if the group buy is still available i will pick one up. i should have the money for your subxclosure by the end of the week shane. sorry again for taking so long.

Last edited:

XRLover25

Reaction score
Shane, I'm just throwing this out there, 1) your date on the first post is the 2th, noticed it and kinda made me chuckle..... It sounds funny to try to pronounce. Should be 2nd, for those who did not catch it. 2) On your post you said you are selling the hood for $660, on the sittinsic website they are on sale for $650, didn't know if you saw that or not. I do not know which one you are going off of. Was just curious about that. I do not mean to make fun, just wanted to point out.

Shanes56

Reaction score
HAHA yeah I guess 2th is hard to pronounce and as for the price it is $650 when I updated the price I must have mistyped $660 it is $650. Thanks for noticing:top: All is fixed now I HOPE

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
ill bu y the hood when my drop lit gets here...how is that for a deal?

did you have yours sprayed in clear Shane? Does it need it?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i believe shane said that the VIX Carbon FIber Hood gets shipped to you clear coated. if you want to paint it, you can, would be better if you took it to a shop. this hood ends up save you a little more than half the weight. i wonder if it helps keep the heat under the hood a little cooler, carbon fiber tends to reduce heat especially when used in hi-performance breaks like in the 23HR LeMans Race. the corvette teams rock brembo break but the calipers and drilled/slotted disk break are made of carbon fiber. they start out at $10K per break but withstand up to 1000 degrees or something ridiculous like that.

Shanes56

Reaction score
ill bu y the hood when my drop lit gets here...how is that for a deal?

did you have yours sprayed in clear Shane? Does it need it?

It comes sprayed and is a nice finish, But from horror stories I have heard I went ahead and am going to get it cleared a couple more times so that is stays bright and shinny :top:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
thanks for the info shane. here's the link to corvetter website talking about the disk brakes...or at least what type of brakes they are using http://www.corvetteracing.com/cars/c6r/chassis_specs.shtml

It comes sprayed and is a nice finish, But from horror stories I have heard I went ahead and am going to get it cleared a couple more times so that is stays bright and shinny :top:

hey shane. do you know if these hoods help with the dispersion of heat in the engine bay?

Last edited:
Top Bottom