Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Want better handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Thanx Bobby. I drove that Sonoma heavily and it also had a header and a chip in it besides the k/n. Also remember the head was ported and polished. This motor (2.5) is used in dirt track a lot. I believe they call it an Iron Duke. Trust me when I tell ya that it out handled the XR. I believe the big difference was the weight difference. No spare,no tailgate,exhaust cut right after the muffler and no rear bumper. This was around another 200 lbs. advantage. I put 1 of those fiberglass thingys in place of the bumper. It was a pretty clean truck!! Got a lot of compliments on it. Not as many as the XR though. The XR is a head turner no doubt about it.

Bobby B

Reaction score
Talked with a Toyo tech and he said 2 buy a beefier sway bar. I told him u find one and I will buy it. He also said 2 change out the bushings that hold the sway bar in place.. I believe SOS sells these. Wider tires will b purchased but not at this moment. Any other way 2 tweak the handling??
Glen has the bushings in stock, have you considered custom coil overs, custom four link rear suspension.

Thanx Bobby. I drove that Sonoma heavily and it also had a header and a chip in it besides the k/n. Also remember the head was ported and polished. This motor (2.5) is used in dirt track a lot. I believe they call it an Iron Duke. Trust me when I tell ya that it out handled the XR. I believe the big difference was the weight difference. No spare,no tailgate,exhaust cut right after the muffler and no rear bumper. This was around another 200 lbs. advantage. I put 1 of those fiberglass thingys in place of the bumper. It was a pretty clean truck!! Got a lot of compliments on it. Not as many as the XR though. The XR is a head turner no doubt about it.
post some pics of the Chevy

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Don't have any pics. Got rid of this truck in 1998. Did not have a computer either. I was 1 of those guys that said I will neva own a computer!! :laugh: As far as coil overs,where can I find them and r they $$$ Mucho dinero. Do u think that these bushing will help that much??

Bobby B

Reaction score
As far as coil overs,where can I find them and r they $$$ Mucho dinero. Do u think that these bushing will help that much??

46.00 bucks for the bushings ain't a big deal will they help??? Ask Glen.
You need to scour the internet for the coils but someone will make them for you, as far as dinero what's a couple grand? LOL!

Brian's air bag set up is sweet I'd like to do it but my problem is not money it's time I have plenty of scratch just not enough time!

I'll try to get pics posted I really think you could benefit from this and it's an easy low cost mod to eliminate some body roll.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
46.00 bucks for the bushings ain't a big deal will they help??? Ask Glen.
You need to scour the internet for the coils but someone will make them for you, as far as dinero what's a couple grand? LOL!

Brian's air bag set up is sweet I'd like to do it but my problem is not money it's time I have plenty of scratch just not enough time!

I'll try to get pics posted I really think you could benefit from this and it's an easy low cost mod to eliminate some body roll.
LOw cost??? Air bags r expensive as hell. Maybe we are not talkin bout the same thing. I will go for the bushings but first am installing the CAI from URD with the MAF. Then I will start a thread on how 2 tweak it and u will b the first 2 post!! :laugh:

Bobby B

Reaction score
but first am installing the CAI from URD with the MAF. Then I will start a thread on how 2 tweak it and u will b the first 2 post!! :laugh:

With your long tubes and TCAI/MAF combo and a proper Tune you should be happy. But remember you need a wideband and an Bung installed in one of the collectors of your headers. If you don't tune you could be dissapointed

I'm on the fence with the long tubes Loud doesn't go over well with Orange County Cops. but I really want them

Kinda

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
but first am installing the CAI from URD with the MAF. Then I will start a thread on how 2 tweak it and u will b the first 2 post!! :laugh:

With your long tubes and TCAI/MAF combo and a proper Tune you should be happy. But remember you need a wideband and an Bung installed in one of the collectors of your headers. If you don't tune you could be dissapointed

I'm on the fence with the long tubes Loud doesn't go over well with Orange County Cops. but I really want them

Kinda
What!!!!! Dude what r u talkin about???? :frown: Where do I get this stuff? And how much more money will I need 2 spend?? :frown:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the original topic has been covered and discussed - and I think aside from that everyone agrees that this is WAY off topic and headed in a negative direction. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom