Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Want better handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
check out my lap times compared to a Z. BTW they think my truck is a Tundra, so thats what it is listed as. Keep in mind I am on allseason tires and he is on sticky summers http://fbodyeurope.org/Gallery/main.../slalomjuly2007.JPG.html?g2_imageViewsIndex=1
http://fbodyeurope.org/Gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=5810&g2_serialNumber=1
you ended up 5th in the field the rest are sports cars if that doesnt tell you something I dont know what does.

I made an arror the other day while driving. I made a left infront of a mustange that had his turn singnal on well it turns out he wasnt turning & since he didnt touch his brakes im prety sure he didnt see me. well to make it i had to shorten my turn into oncoming traffic & make & abrupt right back into my section of road. The truck never even complained I have driven alot of sports cars that would have spun like a top. glad I was in the x. :driver: time for the up shift

Bobby B

Reaction score
I read that this truck out handles the 350Z. I find it hard 2 believe. Our trucks are pretty damn heavy and long. Any tips on improving handling??

Maybe you need driving lessons?

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe you need driving lessons?
Well that could b the case. But in this case I doubt it. Don't think u could out drive me in 3 lifetimes. :biggrin: This is my 5th sports truck and my first 1 I had u were probably still in diapers sonny!! :laugh: I just ordered wider tires for the XR but Brian at URD has just talked me into the CAI and MAF for under $500.

ddongbap

Reaction score
you ended up 5th in the field the rest are sports cars if that doesnt tell you something I dont know what does.

I made an arror the other day while driving. I made a left infront of a mustange that had his turn singnal on well it turns out he wasnt turning & since he didnt touch his brakes im prety sure he didnt see me. well to make it i had to shorten my turn into oncoming traffic & make & abrupt right back into my section of road. The truck never even complained I have driven alot of sports cars that would have spun like a top. glad I was in the x. :driver: time for the up shift
I'm gonna guess one of those tops was a Miata. :laugh:

Bobby B

Reaction score
Well that could b the case. But in this case I doubt it. Don't think u could out drive me in 3 lifetimes. :biggrin: This is my 5th sports truck and my first 1 I had u were probably still in diapers sonny!! :laugh: I just ordered wider tires for the XR but Brian at URD has just talked me into the CAI and MAF for under $500.
Well, thank you Ricky Bobby! You really put me in my place!
In your thread you asked for tips on improving the XR's "handling", and I was serious when I suggested driving lessons. You see, when I bought my first my Motorcycle in 1989 I took a riders safety course as well as a lot of advice from more experienced riders. I feel it help me tremendously as well as saved my life. I also feel the knowledge and skills gained from a good driving school can only further improve your lifetimes of driving know how. I myself would be open to learning as much as I could from a professional driver.
But if your ego is too big or if your just looking for something else to buy and bolt on your "sport truck", may I suggest you save your money and purchase a high performance go kart? They really handle quite amazing!

http://www.moranraceway.com/pages/racingschool.html

Oh, and by the way when I was in diapers there was no such thing as "sport truck". I believe Chevrolet, Ford, International Harvester, Chrysler, Datsun and Toyota were about the only companies that made pick up trucks.

But in all seriousness if you are going to install the URD TCAI and the MAF calibrator you might consider a wide band tuner and some dyno or tuning time.
This could save us all from one of your threads with GIANT letters asking for help because your "sport truck" doesn't run that much better after your install.

Much Love,

akakrill

Reaction score
Besides...pretty hard to lay your women down in the back of the pretty boy bitch car Z...I have no problems "in my X" in my X :biggrin:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Font size is very important when getting your point across. My dad taught me that way back in the depression days. :top:

nctourer

Reaction score
Honestly though... You gotta chill with the font size.
:dito:
Howdie,
In case you havent heard bold type suggest your yelling. And it isnt anymore required than cursing to get your point across.

Interesting thread thou.
Cheers.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
:dito:
Howdie,
In case you havent heard bold type suggest your yelling. And it isnt anymore required than cursing to get your point across.

Interesting thread thou.
Cheers.
News flash. Never heard this before. Bold type helps people with bad eyes like myself. :rock:

Bobby B

Reaction score
Howdie,

Interesting thread thou.
Cheers.

I'm officially quitting bold type

:top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Bold font isn't nearly as "aggressive" as huge font or all caps... Bold never bothered me :dontknow:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Bold font isn't nearly as "aggressive" as huge font or all caps... Bold never bothered me :dontknow:
I hear ya. Never thought about bold or large font. Some people have everything 2 complain about. There needs 2 b a group hug and some counseling. :laugh:

ucthis

Reaction score
I tend to think it is hysterical that you can critisize saying that bold large font helps you see. Considering you have replied to everybodys comments and seemed to have no problem reading what theres says.

Bobby B

Reaction score
I used 2 have a Sonoma that would drive circles around our XRs. It had a 2.5 4cyl. ported head and header. Along with a chip and of course the famous KN air filter
you gotta be kidding with this statement?

Originally Posted by DallasCowboys
LOL. Don't get mad.
BTW, I wasn't mad, but some of the things you post. Yeeeesh!

ddongbap

Reaction score
News flash. Never heard this before. Bold type helps people with bad eyes like myself. :rock:
So.. you've got a problem with only your typing, and nobody elses?

lol.

Lemme help out.

I <3 You.

I've underlined the important part of this post, too. Just in case you're into the A.D.D. thing.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
you gotta be kidding with this statement?

BTW, I wasn't mad, but some of the things you post. Yeeeesh!
This Sonoma was a lot lighter than our XRs and would not win in a straight line race. But put a couple turns in the mix and the XR would b toast. I should know I have a XR. :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom