Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Want better handling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I hear ya. Never thought about bold or large font. Some people have everything 2 complain about. There needs 2 b a group hug and some counseling. :laugh:

This Sonoma was a lot lighter than our XRs and would not win in a straight line race. But put a couple turns in the mix and the XR would b toast. I should know I have a XR. :biggrin:

Why do you continue to type like that after multiple members, including myself, clearly demonstrated that we would like for you to stop? If you know it annoys other people, shouldn't you try and be considerate to them? After all, you are the one asking all the questions and expecting us to help you...

Twisted Creations

Reaction score
I've heard rumor of a newly designed traction bar coming soon, might want to keep your eyes open for this one... (by TTC)

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you continue to type like that after multiple members, including myself, clearly demonstrated that we would like for you to stop? If you know it annoys other people, shouldn't you try and be considerate to them? After all, you are the one asking all the questions and expecting us to help you...
Please send me a list of X-mas wishes. If bold type bothers u that much,then we need 2 schedule a counseling session for ya. Really,if this bold type jumped out and busted u in the nose then I would understand your complaint a little more. Have u ever tried 2 sleep with roosters crowing all morning???? Now that is somethin 2 bitch about. :laugh::laugh:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
Whatever man, you obviously missed my point. I'm going to survive if you type in large bold font, it's a bit obnoxious thats all.

/hijack

Lets get back to topic

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Whatever man, you obviously missed my point. I'm going to survive if you type in large bold font, it's a bit obnoxious thats all.

/hijack

Lets get back to topic
I really like that avatar!! It cracks me up every time I c it. Keep me laughing and I will do the same. :top:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
LOL yeah I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. It was a real PITA to get it to upload though, I had to take some frames out to make it fit the mb limit.:driver:

I know that stoner on CT just used some type of clamp around the leaf springs to stop his wheel hop. He has a 2jz swap, so if he doesn't have traction problems then it must work pretty well.

Bobby B

Reaction score
This Sonoma was a lot lighter than our XRs and would not win in a straight line race. But put a couple turns in the mix and the XR would b toast. I should know I have a XR.

Are sure about this? Do you have a pair of pants with a dyno in them too?

x-stealth

Reaction score
What do you expect from a Dallas Cowboys fan? Everyone knows that cowboy fans are all full of themselves. Thats why it was so great to see the COWBOYS LOSE!!!. And they try to deny getting stomped. But fact is that it was the pats biggest margin of victory all year! Thats all I have to say about that.

x-stealth

Reaction score
O yeah if you dont like the X then do us all a favor and sell the truck and leave the forums.

nctourer

Reaction score
Man has this thread gotten a little off topic and Im partially to blame with my bold text comments. I wasnt trying to flame just give a little insite into forum etiquette.
But this thread was supposed to be about what DC could do to make his XR handle better. If he didnt like his XR I doubt he would be considering putting money in to her.
As for a Sonoma that handles better than a stock XR. Why not?? Enough mods Id think its possible. But mod the XR and something already great becomes awesome.
Cheers.

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
What do you expect from a Dallas Cowboys fan? Everyone knows that cowboy fans are all full of themselves. Thats why it was so great to see the COWBOYS LOSE!!!. And they try to deny getting stomped. But fact is that it was the pats biggest margin of victory all year! Thats all I have to say about that.
And the most points scored against the Pats!!! :biggrin:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Man has this thread gotten a little off topic and Im partially to blame with my bold text comments. I wasnt trying to flame just give a little insite into forum etiquette.
But this thread was supposed to be about what DC could do to make his XR handle better. If he didnt like his XR I doubt he would be considering putting money in to her.
As for a Sonoma that handles better than a stock XR. Why not?? Enough mods Id think its possible. But mod the XR and something already great becomes awesome.
Cheers.
Exactly!! Dude u r very intelligent. Please explain this 2 Bobby and x-stealthy!! :laugh:

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
can we stop this hijack....

Someone posted a thread about like $30 traction bars he got from summet racing. Might be worth looking into. I'd find the thread but i got to go.:top:

s/chargedxrunner06

Toyota Master Tech
Reaction score
This is about like going through the same SH*T a few months ago, now he's on CT (Banned from XRU)

Last edited:

DallasCowboys

Banned
Reaction score
Talked with a Toyo tech and he said 2 buy a beefier sway bar. I told him u find one and I will buy it. He also said 2 change out the bushings that hold the sway bar in place.. I believe SOS sells these. Wider tires will b purchased but not at this moment. Any other way 2 tweak the handling?? :top:

Bobby B

Reaction score
This true with just about any vehicle, but as we all know the XR handles better or at least on par with the 350 Z, which is lighter and smaller then the XR. These are proven documented facts. the link below shows a stock XR racing a heavily modded Dakota with racing tires and mad camber the XR lost but it was close. I have a hard time believing a lowered Sonoma with a K&N keeping up in this battle.

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=987375694

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/vabeachgirl/CarStuff/?action=view&current=MOV00B.flv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNudha-DooA

Now, I'm not trying to be combative at all here if I am please forgive me, but pretty much any suspension mods that will improve handling is most likely going to stiffen the ride. DC already complains about the XR riding like a Donkey.

But, I saw Bluepimpintaco's XR on Sunday with his fresh install of helper airbags in the rear and he claims that it eliminated his bottoming out problem (he has 2 inch blocks BTW). He also claims it doesn't roll as easy in turns either. I have not ridden in it but he's really happy with the results So this may be a good option for DC.
I will try to get some pics posted for all to see, as I am considering this mod as well.
What say you Dallas?????

As always keepin it friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom