Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

washing your x-runner

stretch200

Reaction score
Ok, quick question. Do any of you guys use those car was brushes when washing your car? It seems like it would be faster than using a mitt. What are your thoughts.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
Ok, quick question. Do any of you guys use those car was brushes when washing your car? It seems like it would be faster than using a mitt. What are your thoughts.

i use a mit with my X ... MicroFiber ... and since my pops has a air compresser i use it to air dry my X ... but occasionaly i use a brush and a good pressure washer

Knight Runner

Reaction score
:ahhhhh: Hell no! That brush is lethal to the paint. I use nothing but micro fiber mitts and sponge. Of course you have to pressure rinse it first to get all the dirt that will cause sratches when you scrub or should I say wash.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
:ahhhhh: Hell no! That brush is lethal to the paint. I use nothing but micro fiber mitts and sponge. Of course you have to pressure rinse it first to get all the dirt that will cause sratches when you scrub or should I say wash.

knight runner ... what is your name??? is it art??? ... i might be wrong ... anywho but when i use the brush it has tons n tons of soap coming out ... so it doesnt scratch my paint :biggrin:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
One of my friends use to run a car wash business and he used 100% horse hair brushes and always told me they were the best thing to use... think ill just stick with my good ole sheep skin mit:top:

stretch200

Reaction score
knight runner ... what is your name??? is it art??? ... i might be wrong ... anywho but when i use the brush it has tons n tons of soap coming out ... so it doesnt scratch my paint :biggrin:

do you use one of those ones that attach to a hose?

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
naaa the lil quarter places ... some places soap is limited ... but at this place ... they are not stingy about the soap ... hahahaha

hiflyer

Reaction score
yeah, horsehair brushes are the way to go
i use them for window cleaning everyday, and there's no way a clean horse-hair brush can cause damage.

But, the good ones are like $120-150 a pop...

07XR808

Reaction score
does anyone ever use the water softeners that you can attach to your hose? removes the chlorine, ammonia and hard water minerals- such as iron and helps prevent water spots after your done washing your car

MORT-RUNNER

Reaction score
does anyone ever use the water softeners that you can attach to your hose? removes the chlorine, ammonia and hard water minerals- such as iron and helps prevent water spots after your done washing your car

I use that. In fact I wash my car by hand with a micro fiber mit...then I after I am done with washing I shoot it off with regular hose water. Then I connect the Mr. Clean gun and shoot it down with the filtered water. This allows it to dry and not spot....but of course I wipe it down after. This is done on a non regular basis. :biggrin: I should do it more often.

XDsm

Reaction score
I use a microfiber mitt to clean the truck using the two bucket method then dry it off with microfiber towels. No brushes used here.

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
Nigel have you tried using the "Absorber" when drying your truck??? its must faster than the microfiber cloth in my opinion ... does anyone else use the Absorber???

wshsbears

Reaction score
i use the absorber and a good brush, can't remember what its made of.. my truck is never dirty enough to have to spray off the dirt before washing it. i wash it every 3-4 days..

07XR808

Reaction score
Nigel have you tried using the "Absorber" when drying your truck??? its must faster than the microfiber cloth in my opinion ... does anyone else use the Absorber???

i use three items to dry my truck: California blade to get the huge water sections off. 2) Absorber to absorb most of the water. 3) Micro-fiber towel to get rid of any streaks or water spots that you may have left behind...

BTW MORT-is that what the Mr. Clean gun essentially is? A water softener?

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
i use three items to dry my truck: California blade to get the huge water sections off. 2) Absorber to absorb most of the water. 3) Micro-fiber towel to get rid of any streaks or water spots that you may have left behind...

BTW MORT-is that what the Mr. Clean gun essentially is? A water softener?

i think its distilled water ... so when it dries it leave nothing ... sorry i wassnt MORT :biggrin:

07XR808

Reaction score
i think its distilled water ... so when it dries it leave nothing ... sorry i wassnt MORT :biggrin:

ha no i was just wondering to everyone in general but asked him because he had it. does that stuff really work?

XRunninTaco

Reaction score
my aunt uses tht stuff ... its like whatevers ... i personally havent tried it ... haha ... i should though ... lets see if it lives up to be as good as people say :top:

Jonathan

Reaction score
ha no i was just wondering to everyone in general but asked him because he had it. does that stuff really work?

yup it works. i use it, but, i dont use the soft water part. i use it instead of a bucket. it can spray water and soap very nicely, so no need for a bucket of dirty water to rinse the rag in!

Sykotic336

Reaction score
I clean my truck at least once a week. But all I do is get a bucket of water and put a bit a dishwashing liquid, no harse or concentrated chemicals. I know it sounds funny but it works. Youd be amazed. I also use a micro towel to wash it and use another one to dry it. But every time I wash my car it rains lol.

07XR808

Reaction score
I thought you were only supposed to use dish washing soap prior to waxing your car? it's supposed to strip off the old wax and leave a fresh base to work with. thats what ive been taught and heard from many car enthusiasts.

Top Bottom