Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

washing your x-runner

Sykotic336

Reaction score
I thought you were only supposed to use dish washing soap prior to waxing your car? it's supposed to strip off the old wax and leave a fresh base to work with. thats what ive been taught and heard from many car enthusiasts.

I have no idea but i use it to make it look shiny and get all dirt and bird doodoo off. Gotta use some substance to get it off.

07xrunner

Reaction score
yeah dishwashing soap strips the wax off .... thats what we wased cars with prior to prepping for paint

Sykotic336

Reaction score
yeah dishwashing soap strips the wax off .... thats what we wased cars with prior to prepping for paint
God damnit I wish I knew that before I started using it... Le Sigh. Now my 5 year of wax is obsoleet...

07xrunner

Reaction score
le sigh ...lol yeah man just put some wax on its all good use some car wash stuff next time ....just think if it removes grease from your hands its gonna take wax off as well :top:

Sykotic336

Reaction score
le sigh ...lol yeah man just put some wax on its all good use some car wash stuff next time ....just think if it removes grease from your hands its gonna take wax off as well :top:
Lmao didnt think about that... Do you think all of the wax is gone? I only used it twice to be exact and only small amounts of dishwashing liquid and the last time I waxed my car it faded my paint or it could just be the sun doing that

07xrunner

Reaction score
yeah its most likely all gone man i would go ahead and wax it again

Sykotic336

Reaction score
turtle wax ice ... i highly recomend it :top: its clear and if you get it on your plastics it wont turn them white
Yeah I heard thats good and I have this xlon stuff that works just as good

07xrunner

Reaction score
yeah i like mequires ..sorry thats probably spelled wrong ive had a few too many drinks lol

yayxrunner707

Reaction score
use microfiber mit. safest way. especially when you use maguiars deep crystal car wash it leaves it spotless.

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
I go to my parents' house any time I wash my truck. My dad buys Zaino car wash kits and they are the best, so I go there and use it for him haha.:rock:

07XR808

Reaction score
Yeah I heard thats good and I have this xlon stuff that works just as good

Xzilon from the dealership right?...if you have that i got that too. you should check to see if you still have that stuff on your truck because when i got that product they said NO cleaner style waxes or clay bars because that would strip off the product. The dish washing soap might have done that too idk

Deviant

Reaction score
Xzilon from the dealership right?...if you have that i got that too. you should check to see if you still have that stuff on your truck because when i got that product they said NO cleaner style waxes or clay bars because that would strip off the product. The dish washing soap might have done that too idk

Honestly the dealership stuf isn't anything special. Yes cleaner waxes and clay bars will strip the wax and bring you back to a bare clean state, but over time the dealership wax/sealant will dissappear. I don't know how long they say it will last but I am pretty sure nothing lasts for more then a year...

Stuff like high grade carnaubas or sealants though require more work will give your truck a higher state of gloss, depth and slickness. Swirling however will reduce the overall visual apperance no matter what you do, so its best to get rid of those first then top it off w/ your lsp of choice

For car wash soap you should look for the type with a moderate ph level so it will not strip off the wax that you worked so hard to apply to your ride. Armor all and other various over the counter types are to strong in my opinion. The label on the back should tell you if it's been ph balanced or not

Sykotic336

Reaction score
Yeah I just hope its not all gone cause I paid a lot for dat •XR•XR•XR•XR and it says its suppose to last about 5 years

HiTek21

Reaction score
I've had good results using Meguiars gold class and NXT soaps, the NXT seems to foam and lather more than the gold class. Just make sure you're using a clean wash mit

XDsm

Reaction score
I just had some cleaning supplies goodness come in. Meguires car soap, Ultimate Detailer, and number 40 Vinyl cleaner. Also got some nice large microfiber towels and ultra fine microfiber hand polishing towels come in from PakShak. My X is shining very nicely:top: Now if only it would stay clean:rolleyez:

X-Rizzo

Reaction score
Only use soap actually designed for car washing. Using other kinds (like dish soap or hand soap) can strip the wax and clear coat off your paint.

Top Bottom