Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

washing your x-runner

DJmckay

Reaction score
NO WAY

thoes brushes are death to your paintjob i just use a sponge and soap in a bucket

VIPDreamin

"Mr. Incredible"
Reaction score
I used to wash by hand...then for 10 bucks i can vacuum and wash the ride at Freedom Wash. I rinse it, pre soak, soap it, brush it, rinse, triple foam, spot free rinse. The I pull in the lot and wipe it down with microfiber and shine her up. Looks good and people always stare....

Its faster and they have lights for night washes...if its good enough for the BMWs and Benz's it good enough for my baby too...

southerncalix951

Reaction score
Never use anything but microfiber, and its ok to use dish soap if your intentionally taking the wax off to put another coat on after, but it ruins your clearcoat if you use it every wash, not good at all. Id rather just clay bar it, the Ice liquid clay bar is the shiz, followed by the wax :top: And I will never take my truck through a car wash or anything, My dad's truck got a fat scratch all the way down from one of the best car washes in the area, so I say nay on those. And be careful with the pressure washers, Ive seen some lethal action taken with those bad boys. Just a good pressured hose and two wash buckets is plenty.

It may take a little longer to wash it by hand, but the results are usually much better. Gotta take pride in your own ride :driver:

Dagul

Reaction score
I use a brush or pushbroom to scrub the bed. Especially when birds leave their souveniers. Other than that I use gold class or NXT soap with a microfiber sponge. I usually wash in sections at least twice since black paint is a pain to maintain and not everything comes off on the first pass. I use a super absorber to dry off the truck and a terry cloth towel to dry off the rims.

I haven't felt compelled to clay and wax it yet. Nor has the weather here really permit it. But, when I do, I have meguiars cleaner wax, gold class wax, color polish and carnuba wax at my disposal.

JakeX

Reaction score
I cant wait to get my X so i can start washing it!! Lol sounds kinda weird, but that will be something fun i can do with my X, keep it clean! :burnout:

eltus

Reaction score
hey if you think that you have to use the brush, make sure you rinse it real good at full pressure, so you can get all those sand particles that will scrach your clear coat. you may not see it at first, but over time you will notice all the scraches. I rather use a microfiber mit and take my time whashing one area at a time. and use the two bucket system(one to put the soap and water and one to rinse the dirt of your mit)

NrsJess

Reaction score
One of my friends use to run a car wash business and he used 100% horse hair brushes and always told me they were the best thing to use... think ill just stick with my good ole sheep skin mit:top:

I'll be darned, learn new things everyday on here.......who'da thunk that :top:

rich017

Reaction score
Nothing should touch your paint besides Microfiber or sheepskin. NEVER USE A BRUSH!!!!

hrspwr236

Reaction score
Never use anything but microfiber, and its ok to use dish soap if your intentionally taking the wax off to put another coat on after, but it ruins your clearcoat if you use it every wash, not good at all. Id rather just clay bar it, the Ice liquid clay bar is the shiz, followed by the wax :top: And I will never take my truck through a car wash or anything, My dad's truck got a fat scratch all the way down from one of the best car washes in the area, so I say nay on those. And be careful with the pressure washers, Ive seen some lethal action taken with those bad boys. Just a good pressured hose and two wash buckets is plenty.

It may take a little longer to wash it by hand, but the results are usually much better. Gotta take pride in your own ride :driver:

:motz::motz::motz: i use dish soap when i wash mine:motz::motz::motz:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
NOOOOO!!! Your killing your truck slowly. Use auto wash like meguiars.

dont worry ill be running by the autozone before i wash my truck again:damnmate:i cant believe i was doing that:motz:

HiTek21

Reaction score
Meguiars NXT Tech Wash or Gold Class are good OTC soaps. If you can find Duragloss 901/902/903 carwash soap locally i'd get that instead.

Stevenredx

Reaction score
If you can find Duragloss 901/902/903 carwash soap locally i'd get that instead.

Very good stuff for a great price...

Firm believer in it... one of my old friends dad was one of the part owners in DG or something like that and also raced their GT3 car they had. I use to get all that stuff for free but his dad has since went on and opened up his own graphics company. :thumpdown:

Top Bottom