Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Black Headlight Mod

Hitman

Reaction score
LOL yeah I know what you mean But I wasn't sure to say Hex Or Torx cuz I remember some don't know if it was DeathShadow or someone else saying to Hex but The previous people who wrote made a list so if anyone does this before I finish the write up check thier post

Tweakbz

Reaction score
I used satin on mine. krylon fusion for plastics. good stuff :D they look great but the last year on the road has made my headlights kind of dingy (sp?)

RedXr

Reaction score
Awesome Write-Up man! Thanks for the advice. I left that 4th bolt out also, what a pain in the A#$!!
Picture006r.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Hitman

Reaction score
Awesome Write-Up man! Thanks for the advice. I left that 4th bolt out also, what a pain in the A#$!!
Picture006r.jpg

Picture005.jpg

I took some more pics of the steps that I was missing so hopefully pics will be up today or this weekend :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Has anybody done this to their foglights? I want to go the same route as in my xB. blacked out everywhere else and the brightest front end possible. If I can do this to my foglights I'll black out the entire front end. Heres the box before I traded it in

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...viewPicture&friendID=10040735&albumId=1256537

Can't wait to start on the X

Not really much you can do to the fog light with out effecting their light output... :thumpdown:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
:argh::motz::argh::motz::argh::motz:My headlights are all fogged up, they were good for months but when i washed my truck i noticed that they were all fogged up and day to day it gets worst, uts to the point you cant see through them:motz::motz::motz:, now i am going to have to bake my headlights:thumpdown: wanted to get new headlights becuase one of the mounting screws was broken off when i got them

AdAM

Reaction score
I learned the hard way.. ended up with a blister the size of a 50 cent piece on my hand from running a firey piece of cardboard outside :argh:
-Stevenredx
LOL that gave me the funniest picture in my head

Stevenredx

Reaction score
:argh::motz::argh::motz::argh::motz:My headlights are all fogged up, they were good for months but when i washed my truck i noticed that they were all fogged up and day to day it gets worst, uts to the point you cant see through them:motz::motz::motz:, now i am going to have to bake my headlights:thumpdown: wanted to get new headlights becuase one of the mounting screws was broken off when i got them

Don't feel bad, i had to rebake mine after a year, started leaking too. Just be sure to clean the inside of the lens real good before you put them back together, i used some polish on the inside.... Also ran a bead of silicone in grove before squeezing them back together, been good since. :top:

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Well that sux... but on a positive note... it'll only be your first time baking them and not your second :laugh:

CaliKnightRider

Reaction score
i just did mine today and it took me 5 hours i loved it and ordered some H.I.D.'s if anyone out there is thinking about it, do it and take your time you will like the outcome, im new and these were a lot of helpful tips thx!

Hitman

Reaction score
^^ did everything work out good as far as the pics in instructions :dontknow:

sucks to hear that Jason should have let me do yours when I was in Tuson.

Last edited:

xrunner5-0

Reaction score
I hope thats silicone on his fingers and not the excitment of the headlights. :puke:

hrspwr236

Reaction score
I hope thats silicone on his fingers and not the excitment of the headlights. :puke:

You should have seen the mess he left on the floor, to bad no one got a picture of that or the tube exploding:ahhhhh:

Hitman

Reaction score
You guys suck!!!!!! Lol maybe I should take out the steps see how much silicone everyone gets on themselves.

Top Bottom