Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Black Headlight Mod

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Can I pay someone local to do this for me without ****ing up my ride at all?

:) I'll pay you with the green stuff... some money. dot dot :) Whatever you like.

I'd offer to help but where's Glendora? :dontknow:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I'd offer to help but where's Glendora? :dontknow:

haha... i was wondering the same think, I'm guessing this is it in CA

tileprint.php

Vince77

Reaction score

:) I'll pay you with the green stuff... some money. dot dot :) Whatever you like.

If I'm ever back in socal anytime soon, I'd be glad to hook you up. But I'm sure there's some members down there that would help you out.
But truthfully, it's not as hard as you might think. I was scared to stick my HLs, from my friggin new truck, in the oven. But it all went smooth, and I wondered what took me so long to do. :biggrin:

Hi_On_X

Reaction score

Straight foward its really easy... Just follow the write-up... :top:

XR2000

Reaction score
I would really like to somke my lens once i get the lights pulled apart...so how do i go about smoking them? How is it done?

08x-runner

Reaction score
I am going to do this mod tomorrow. My stock headlight has a yellow tint over the turn signal is there a way to get it off - i hate the way it looks.

Thanks

Stevenredx

Reaction score
I am going to do this mod tomorrow. My stock headlight has a yellow tint over the turn signal is there a way to get it off - i hate the way it looks.

Thanks

Take that lens out and don't put it back....

Venomous_X

Reaction score
what other tools do we need for this, *updated version* Scotch brite??? I think I plan on using satin black....which will match the front grill better, satin or flat? Because a black emblem is also in the works? Im very nervous in doing this, but its long overdue :top:

Stevenredx

Reaction score
what other tools do we need for this, *updated version* Scotch brite??? I think I plan on using satin black....which will match the front grill better, satin or flat? Because a black emblem is also in the works? Im very nervous in doing this, but its long overdue :top:

Correct... the most commone paint i have seen used is satin... pretty neutral, so it should match everything else with no problems. :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Update, I have one headlight out, and ready to be baked....just reading over as I prepare....Im not afraid of the painting, I just want to make sure I get it apart correctly, any tips? and I see that some bake it seperately then assemble and some do it one piece.....which would work best?

JeffSnAusTX

Reaction score
Just did this today... something I observed:

Before you go to reinstall the painted bezel (into the lens) heat lens and push the sealant towards the outside. The inside of the lens should be clear (no sealant overhanging), so when the painted bezel is installed no hardened pieces of sealant knick the paint.

I'm behind the curve - took me all day, and I still have 1 to finish :laugh: It looks killer though!

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Question:
So my first time through, I put the pieces back together too soon and as the paint cured, it fogged up the inside of my lenses.

Since I'll be putting the Luminous Solutions kit on soon, will polishing both sides of the lenses with blue magic be enough to clear them up again?

Stevenredx

Reaction score
Question:
So my first time through, I put the pieces back together too soon and as the paint cured, it fogged up the inside of my lenses.

Since I'll be putting the Luminous Solutions kit on soon, will polishing both sides of the lenses with blue magic be enough to clear them up again?

I used some polish on mine, can't remember what it was but i was non-abrasive and it cleared them up pretty good. Just be careful what you use so it doesn't scratch them, I'm sure you already know that tho. :top:

rich017

Reaction score

Sleepy

Reaction score
I wanna do ths mod but im afraid i`ll f it up..:frown:

Top Bottom