Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Write-Up: Recessed Grill mod

WCD

Reaction score
Makes the intercooler stand out. :top:

homer_g2

Reaction score
a but where did u get the grill or did u do it your self looks good

Vince77

Reaction score
Looks really good.
It's not easy trying to get it perfect is it? A whole lot of sanding. Came out nice tho :rock:

shook

Reaction score
Looks really good.
It's not easy trying to get it perfect is it? A whole lot of sanding. Came out nice tho :rock:

It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, only took two layers of bondo and some spot putty to fill the pinholes :top:

Xample

Reaction score
wow bud sweet idea! looking great much props brother

TXR-HI

Reaction score
dude!.. tomorrow ill be a kales dropping my rear... bring it down , i wanna see this in person.. I might wanna trade, you can have my grillcraft ones, hahahaha.....friggin dope show!!!!!!!

WallasX

Reaction score
Dude That is sick!! Im gonna be doing this soon i wonder what it looks like with the bottom one done too

Murderface

Reaction score
good job:top: that really looks better then stock depth

Clokwrk

Reaction score
Ok I have a stupid question. How the hell did you attach the mesh? Great job btw! Definitely adding this mod to my list.

BSPX

Reaction score
i'd like to know how to did the mesh too and also the bumper piece.

Coopstain

Reaction score
Ok I have a stupid question. How the hell did you attach the mesh? Great job btw! Definitely adding this mod to my list.

I agree... everywhere i have read so far about this revamped grill, no one has really gotten into detail about how this is attached now. :dontknow:

Looks great by the way!:rockon:

Clokwrk

Reaction score
Haha glad Im not the only one who didn't understand. :top:

shook

Reaction score

i'd like to know how to did the mesh too and also the bumper piece.

I agree... everywhere i have read so far about this revamped grill, no one has really gotten into detail about how this is attached now. :dontknow:

Looks great by the way!:rockon:

I guess I didnt go in detail about that because its not really the hard part of this project :laugh:. The way I did it was epoxy on these plastic wire tie down brackets all around the inner part of the lip, cut your mesh so it overlaps the grill opening and just tie it down. Theres alot of ways to do it, you could epoxy on a bolt and use a nut to tighten the mesh down or even use a 90degree bracket, epoxy or fiberglass that on the lip and screw the mesh onto the bracket. Wether you use the tie downs and wire ties or the nut and bolt its pretty much the same secrurity wise, if someone wants to kick in the grill theyll be able to do it wether its wire ties holding the mesh inplace or a nut and bolt, thats the way I see it :laugh:

Sorry, this is the only thing I didnt take pictures of yet but Ill get some up when I can :top:

BSPX

Reaction score
anyone got a price on the bulk black powdercoat grill direct from grillcraft yet?

Tapp

Reaction score
im in the process of doing it now,,and i also chopped that bar, that blocks the full view of TRD!!! once im finished ill post pics!!!

Shook, i followed your write up!! Easy as PIE!!:top:

X-Runnin

Reaction score
Sorry, this is the only thing I didnt take pictures of yet but Ill get some up when I can :top:

Any pics of this yet, I just got done cutting up my grille and will be mounting the grill probably tomorrow and I'm still not totally sure on how to mount it lol.

anyone got a price on the bulk black powdercoat grill direct from grillcraft yet?

I ordered mine yesterday and it only comes in Stainless steel, they won't powdercoat it for you. I'm going to get mine powdered in black from a local shop. It ended up being $61.16 shipped for the bigger 44"x12" sheet, which hopefully if I don't screw up will be enough to do the top and bottom grill :top:

Top Bottom