Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XrunnIT - Epic Motor Build

ABP

Reaction score
Glad to hear you are up and running with a built motor. Honestly if it happened to me I probably wouldn't want to talk about for a while either. I blew up my turbo hayabusa an my first pass at the Texas Mile in October. I still don't want to talk about my motor that lasted all of one mile.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So....I guess with all this new power, it's going to be time for bigger breaks. You can offset the added weight by emptying your washer fluid.....

XrunnIT

Reaction score
So....I guess with all this new power, it's going to be time for bigger breaks. You can offset the added weight by emptying your washer fluid.....

already ahead of you...

Picked up some of that amsoil today. I still can't believe how cheap it is!

Super Werty

Reaction score
what does it matter?

I think the term I would use is "why is it anybody else's business?".

You are right it isn't our business. But you couldve cleared up the rumors awhile ago, whether by a thread or pms. I had suspected it had blown for awhile when you mentioned you were driving some beater truck. Then a thread popped up with your name on the list of blown motors, and when I asked people via pm's for an explanation, all I got was "too much boost" or "too much power" or "I cant tell you"

For me this was a big concern, because at that time, we had the same mods and I was contemplating adding more boost via the NST lower pulleys. I didnt know if the nst lower plus your 2.7 had done it, or if the 2.7 alone was too much.

So I was basically worried about driving my truck hard for a few months.

We'll anyways no hard feelings, I'm glad you got it back and running correctly. I dont want to make a big deal out of this, its over now and everything is fine.

As for new boost, does that mean turbo?

Last edited:

Grumpy

Reaction score
What's the 'G' stand for? or the 'F' for that matter...

Basically, the "F" in the FE engine designation refer to an engine that is design to have good low rpm response, and high torque (relatively). Cam profile and head design are to support that powerband. Internal parts are of lighter duty variety to promote good throttle response. A good all-around day-to-day engine with excellent drivability.

While the "G" in the GE designation mean the engine is more performance oriented. Higher lift & duration cam and intake port design to compliment higher flow. Draw back to that is a sacrifice in low rpm performance. Internal parts generally are more stout comparing to FE engine to cope with extra load. 4A, 3S, , 2ZZ, 1 & 2JZ are some of the famous GE engine.

Back to my question....how hard does she pull? o_O

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I knew you would have the answer ^^:top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Basically, the "F" in the FE engine designation refer to an engine that is design to have good low rpm response, and high torque (relatively). Cam profile and head design are to support that powerband. Internal parts are of lighter duty variety to promote good throttle response. A good all-around day-to-day engine with excellent drivability.

While the "G" in the GE designation mean the engine is more performance oriented. Higher lift & duration cam and intake port design to compliment higher flow. Draw back to that is a sacrifice in low rpm performance. Internal parts generally are more stout comparing to FE engine to cope with extra load. 4A, 3S, , 2ZZ, 1 & 2JZ are some of the famous GE engine.

Back to my question....how hard does she pull? o_O

Check this out man. :top:

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=32361

Lets just say... it could possibly be the fastest X in the world.... :biggrin: :laugh:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
already ahead of you...

Picked up some of that amsoil today. I still can't believe how cheap it is!

$6.72 for a bottle that normally runs $11.20. Yeah, I'm still in blissful disbelief :crinklehair:

Check this out man. :top:

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=32361

Lets just say... it could possibly be the fastest X in the world.... :biggrin: :laugh:

Well I think that you can slide by with the 1GR-GZE. :rolleyez:

I'll keep my GTE badge as well :rock:

Last edited:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
First X-Runner with internals. Pop that cherry.

Grumpy

Reaction score

I've seen those code break down. Since you & Mark upgrade the internal, its only fitting that the F become a G.

To be the fastest....you're gonna need 1.5GR-GTZE engine! :biggrin:

Super Werty

Reaction score

probably not, because as well all know, the fastest truck in da universe was pioneered long before we were born...because we are all still kids....currently:laugh:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
So how many miles left til that clutch is broken in?

X-roller

Reaction score
Hmmm....that's actually really cheap for a motor build....I might consider doing this in the very near future....Can you send me a link or number to these guys? I wanna get priced out. Thanks man.

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
Hey XrunnIT - is that the pulley that Allen was using for a while now, the one that he has on his? the 2.6? are u running that along with the NST overdrive? I was confused sorry. Thanks. Nice build!

Coupe

Reaction score
I was thinking about adding a "running" light to show the intercooler pump was running.

Super Werty

Reaction score
wouldnt a temp gauge tell you if it was on or not. I would imagine if it was running you would notice it stays in a certain range of temps

and if it goes above a certain temp have an idiot light come on and check to see if its working or not.

Top Bottom