Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

XrunnIT - Epic Motor Build

Coupe

Reaction score
wouldnt a temp gauge tell you if it was on or not. I would imagine if it was running you would notice it stays in a certain range of temps

and if it goes above a certain temp have an idiot light come on and check to see if its working or not.

Sounds like a Nexus gauge.

rexrunner

Reaction score
I thought the x-1 was supposed to have a safety feature to prevent knock? no matter the intake temps.

Now you just need to trash the trd charger and make some real power :smile:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
wouldnt a temp gauge tell you if it was on or not. I would imagine if it was running you would notice it stays in a certain range of temps

and if it goes above a certain temp have an idiot light come on and check to see if its working or not.

Good idea, but you would have to install the t-stat inside the intercooler. simply putting it before or after won't tell you much, as the heat will be contained within the intercooler. A flow sensor would confirm that fluid is moving through the intercooler.

I thought the x-1 was supposed to have a safety feature to prevent knock? no matter the intake temps.

Now you just need to trash the trd charger and make some real power :smile:

The X-1 does have Engine Guardian, but that is for AFR protection. If it runs too lean or to rich of X amount of time, then it will enable. It doesn't have any preventative for knock, or counter-action for when knock occurs.

It does have dynamic variables such as IAT and ECT temp to help control AFR under extreme conditions though, to help keep the AFR where it needs to be, which will help prevent knock (unless you end up in my situation with a non-working intercooler)

People continue to underestimate the power of the TRD blower. With the partial throttle runs I was doing yesterday and this morning. This truck is going to be scary fast as it is.

Murderface

Reaction score
I don't underestimate the TRD blower. Just this morning I was still amazed on how little throttle will get u from 65 to 120 mph and rather quickly too.

Did u install the E85 injectors or were u running them before the devistation?
I'm getting them even know there's only one pump in a 30 mile radius of my location( closest being 6 miles). Also, are u gonna run any additional gauges or sensors now? I think u said something about hard wiring the pump to? If so, full explanation would be great for those not wanting the same issue u came across:top:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I don't underestimate the TRD blower. Just this morning I was still amazed on how little throttle will get u from 65 to 120 mph and rather quickly too.

Did u install the E85 injectors or were u running them before the devistation?
I'm getting them even know there's only one pump in a 30 mile radius of my location( closest being 6 miles). Also, are u gonna run any additional gauges or sensors now? I think u said something about hard wiring the pump to? If so, full explanation would be great for those not wanting the same issue u came across:top:

And to think Christ, the amount of boost your running compared to what i'm running. I have been running the 668cc injectors for a while, and did have them in prior. too much fuel is just enough.

Right now I have a boost/vac, and fuel pressure gauge. The X-1 and EG will do its job with the AFR until i can get a new LC-1 controller for my AFR gauge. I might pick up an Oil temp gauge, still want to get an oil cooler.

Not sure about hard wiring the pump... don't really have any plans for the fuel pump at this time. Now once i start going WOT, I'll want to make sure that the 255lph pump can keep up.

Best advice i would give is to keep an eye on that intercooler pump, especially when you start making more boost. more boost = more heat. heat can induce engine knock.

5000XD

Reaction score
This truck is going to be scary fast as it is.

How fast man!? How fast!?

Will it make the rabbit go:

OMFG-Bunny.jpg

Murderface

Reaction score
And to think Christ, the amount of boost your running compared to what i'm running. I have been running the 668cc injectors for a while, and did have them in prior. too much fuel is just enough.

Right now I have a boost/vac, and fuel pressure gauge. The X-1 and EG will do its job with the AFR until i can get a new LC-1 controller for my AFR gauge. I might pick up an Oil temp gauge, still want to get an oil cooler.

Not sure about hard wiring the pump... don't really have any plans for the fuel pump at this time. Now once i start going WOT, I'll want to make sure that the 255lph pump can keep up.

Best advice i would give is to keep an eye on that intercooler pump, especially when you start making more boost. more boost = more heat. heat can induce engine knock.

I was talking bout the IC pump being hard wired. So u were runnin 3 psi more then me. I'm at 7 psi now and WILL not go higher myself, don't desire to.

Well I'm looking forward to hearing how it is after full break in clutch/ motor

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I was talking bout the IC pump being hard wired. So u were runnin 3 psi more then me. I'm at 7 psi now and WILL not go higher myself, don't desire to.

Well I'm looking forward to hearing how it is after full break in clutch/ motor

Oh, that wasn't me who said that, but i think i know what your talking about, something about bypassing... i'll have to go back and re-read the replies here to find it.

Correct I was at 10psi, and will be running even more now. :rock:

Murderface

Reaction score
I'll have enough fueling by x mas but I'm too scared to run more boost with the amount of engine failures goin around.

Good luck and let's see some track #'s when ur all done

XrunnIT

Reaction score
I'll have enough fueling by x mas but I'm too scared to run more boost with the amount of engine failures goin around.

I have not seen a motor fail because of too much power. And I know of a good many engines that have failed, none from too much power. They have all failed because of knock (and knock breaking other parts). Avoid knock, make sure everything runs fine, and you'll be ok. :top:

midknightdragon

Reaction score
First Post!

Xrunnit, i excited to hear that you've done what i can only dream. I hoping to get to your level of performance in the furture, however, it might consist of something less refined. Happy to hear that your Runner is back and running.:adore:

mrguy33391

Reaction score
Hey XrunnIT, do you have any updated video's and/or 1/4 mile times. I saw the power you had on the 40-90 after the rebuild. More updates on the powerful truck would be awesome.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Hey XrunnIT, do you have any updated video's and/or 1/4 mile times. I saw the power you had on the 40-90 after the rebuild. More updates on the powerful truck would be awesome.

Haven't been able to make it to the track, and probably won't get a chance until April (going back to graveyard shift for Feb and March).

A couple updates though since you asked.

2.6" Upper pulley + NST lower S/C Pulley is too much overdrive for the blower. There isn't any mechanical risk to the blower, its still well within its RPM limit. Problem is the blower makes too much heat at those speeds to make anymore power. I was making anywhere from 11psi to 13psi.

I had to pull my tune back a lot to keep things cool. So all the extra HP from the extra boost was lost to heat and to having to tune back. Even then, the amount of lowend torque I had was just retarded.

I took Jeffsnaustx out for a spin yesterday after the local meet. Was cruising ~40-ish in 2nd and stepped on it, and if Jeff reads this he can explain the feeling. But my KDWs didn't even try to hold the power, and the backend was all over the place. In another thread he said "his truck felt like a camry" after going for a spin. And he's supercharged.

I just removed the NST lower today, and will run this way for a while. That 2.7" upper and then APR 2.85"/URD 2.825" + NST combination seem to be right in that sweet spot (maximizing performance without being subject to overwhelming heat soak). The 2.6" upper by itself is still just a tad more then those (got to stay ahead of the game) so we'll see how that runs. It should put me about 9-11psi.

Still got a lot of HP mods in the works. Including redoing all my exhaust. A good exhaust on my setup should net me some massive gains. So still lots of custom parts coming, the mass-produced bolt-on parts just aren't good enough for me anymore. :top:

Last edited:

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
Haven't been able to make it to the track, and probably won't get a chance until April (going back to graveyard shift for Feb and March).

A couple updates though since you asked.

2.6" Upper pulley + NST lower S/C Pulley is too much overdrive for the blower. There isn't any mechanical risk to the blower, its still well within its RPM limit. Problem is the blower makes too much heat at those speeds to make anymore power. I was making anywhere from 11psi to 13psi.

I had to pull my tune back a lot to keep things cool. So all the extra HP from the extra boost was lost to heat and to having to tune back. Even then, the amount of lowend torque I had was just retarded.

I took Jeffsnaustx out for a spin yesterday after the local meet. Was cruising ~40-ish in 2nd and stepped on it, and if Jeff reads this he can explain the feeling. But my KDWs didn't even try to hold the power, and the backend was all over the place. In another thread he said "his truck felt like a camry" after going for a spin. And he's supercharged.

I just removed the NST lower today, and will run this way for a while. That 2.7" upper and then APR 2.85"/URD 2.825" + NST combination seem to be right in that sweet spot (maximizing performance without being subject to overwhelming heat soak). The 2.6" upper by itself is still just a tad more then those (got to stay ahead of the game) so we'll see how that runs. It should put me about 10-11psi.

Still got a lot of HP mods in the works. Including redoing all my exhaust. A good exhaust on my setup should net me some massive gains. So still lots of custom parts coming, the mass-produced bolt-on parts just aren't good enough for me anymore. :top:

Ah the elusive exhaust mod - I think we are the only ****ers on this forum running cats putting down this kind of power :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Its all in the tune man.

How fast man!? How fast!?

Will it make the rabbit go:

OMFG-Bunny.jpg

Faster... :biggrin:

Last edited:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Ah the elusive exhaust mod - I think we are the only ****ers on this forum running cats putting down this kind of power :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

I think your right, hell, behind the headers I'm all stock with a muffler swap (stock y-pipe with cats, and stock catback with AT muffler).

LOTS of power still to be had.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Between your truck, and my to be motor, Texas crew is going to dominate the Powerband. :rockon:

Now get those custom parts on already

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Between your truck, and my to be motor, Texas crew is going to dominate the Powerband. :rockon:

Now get those custom parts on already

hellz yeah!!! That's what we do. They don't call Houston the HP capital of the country for no reason. We can't disappoint.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Between our trucks, I say easy, 950 HP - 1050 TQ. Watch out bitches. Muuuaaaahahahaa

Top Bottom