Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Anyone tried this under seat sub idea?

rexrunner

Reaction score
Built that for two ed 7kv2. Didn't get low enough for me. I.now have the jl stealth box which is awesome

gunner76137

Reaction score
Heres the 2 i've built, no steath about them ,the first set had 2 10" kicker comps and light rings that flashed to the music for doing car shows,the second has a 12' Kenwood which I still have in my X.
Image632.jpg
100_1619.jpg

100_1712.jpg
100_1715.jpg

Last edited:

xrunrob

Reaction score
cant wait for the write up. let me know what you think

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
well i got the sub last week and got the install finished up last night. once i got everything tuned in i must say im pretty impressed with it. yes its just an 8in sub and no i cant hear it inside my house with the car in the driveway. that wasnt really what i was looking for. ive had subs of all size but in this case the extra space just wasnt there for me at this time. i actually can fit my whole family(me wife 7 year old and 7 month old) all in my truck. a bigger sub would not allow this.

something i will say about the sub is it honestly picks up rap style bass a lot better than metal double bass drum. at low volume levels theres not a ton off added bass but as soon as you crank it the little bastard comes alive.

all in all if you need the room...and the bass.. i would recomend this sub for you. your not going to wake the neighbors but it fills out the sound nicely.

M3mNoch51

Reaction score
Wouldn't waste money on this, cheaper to go with some kickers you put together urself and still sound good!!!

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
and where are you going to put these kickers that your putting together yourself?

justin13703

Reaction score
Wouldn't waste money on this, cheaper to go with some kickers you put together urself and still sound good!!!

Kickers are junk. If you want loud, sloppy, mushy sounding bass, get kickers.

Jeremias

Reaction score
How about this? Come to X-Fest East to see it finished.
box1.jpg

Last edited:

dramad1

Reaction score
Congrats on the install, I'm sure just the 8"
Alone is a huge improvement over those paper factory speakers. Once your Lil one gets a Lil bigger you can upgrade to a sub x style box and run a 10" or bigger if you wanted and not have to worry about flipping that rear seat down for the car seat.
So is the sub under one of the seats? Did you have to flip that bar around on passengers side? Can you slide your seat forward and backward? Are you pushing that 8 w/ an amp? Lots of ?'s lol Pics of the install?!

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
It's a powered 8". I put it under the drivers side since I move the passenger seat all the time. Just stuck it under the seat and wired it up.

There's some pics of what it looks like on first page. I'll take some of it in my truck soon. It's 125w.

I prob won't put a big box in there, I'm just not willing to give up the room.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
Sounds good! I'M sub'd!!! I cant wait to see pics and the write up! And like we said MANY TIMES before on this thread, we are not looking for the loudest or cleanest bass, we r looking for something that takes up hardly any space! All the guys that keep saying get a sub x box, or kickers are shitty, or maybe forgeting about space! Yes sub x boxes are nice and look great and are effective but some guys with me included dont wanna even lose that space! I mean if we wanted to shake the house then all u guys r running shitty subs because your bed isnt full with subs, u guys dont have subs, on the floor to the roof and in your passenger seat! Its just a little irritating you guys are forgetting about taking up hardly ANY SPACE!!!!!

dramad1

Reaction score
You could always just skip the box all together and just get a good set of components in all four doors and done. My doors are loud enough by themselves. Plus quality sound.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
That actually is an idea I thought about for next... We shall see

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
For me stocks are pretty good, i actually find myself turning down the stereo to listen to the engine/truck run! Haha idk i guess im kinda over sounds already, ah idk cuz theres is times where i want a little bit! So i think if anythink this sub would be perfect

justin13703

Reaction score
Sounds good! I'M sub'd!!! I cant wait to see pics and the write up! And like we said MANY TIMES before on this thread, we are not looking for the loudest or cleanest bass, we r looking for something that takes up hardly any space! All the guys that keep saying get a sub x box, or kickers are shitty, or maybe forgeting about space! Yes sub x boxes are nice and look great and are effective but some guys with me included dont wanna even lose that space! I mean if we wanted to shake the house then all u guys r running shitty subs because your bed isnt full with subs, u guys dont have subs, on the floor to the roof and in your passenger seat! Its just a little irritating you guys are forgetting about taking up hardly ANY SPACE!!!!!

If you're talking about me saying kickers suck, I didn't say that because of any kind of space issue. I completely agree with wanting to save space. The reason I said kickers suck, is because they sound bad. They get loud, and that's it. The sound quality from most kickers is horrible.

Pillsbry10

Reaction score
I have to say after having it for awhile now, it sounds great. Thinking about one for passenger side as well.

Minnesota X

Reaction score
I just did a stereo in my truck and I was looking for the same thing, better sound, a little more bass, but not taking up any usable space. What I came up with was a Clarion wd2510d shallow mount sub. I built a custom box that fit under the driver seat without having to modify the seat mount at all. I upgraded all of the speakers as well. I have an Alpine mrp-m500 four channel amp powering the sub, and an Alpine mrp-f300 powering the speakers. I was able to mount one amp inside of each of the rear doors without modifying anything. I was able to do all of this without loosing any space, and you cant see a single component of the stereo.

Top Bottom