Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

APR Launch Control

XrunnIT

Reaction score
It's hopping pretty good most of the way through first. I will try those settings thanks.

Are you hopping or spinning?

When are you hopping or spinning (when does it start)?

What setting do you have your shocks on? Shocks tuned well will reduce wheel hop a little bit.

The base line I setup was made for F/I, and it pulled enough power to keep my torquey low-end at bay enough so that it didn't spin. But depending on how sticky your tires/road is that your launching on, its very possible. The stickier your tires, the more wheel-hop you'll get.

I would say lower your launching RPM a little bit and go from there. Get some traction bars man, that will help cure wheel hop :top:

gosaints420

Reaction score
Well after following DS's advice on not dumping the clutch alot of the hop is gone.

The spinning starts as soon as the clutch is let out.

Shocks are set to 6 or 7 can't remember.

I haven't changed my l/c settings from what you suggested cause i couldn't figure out how to save them after I change them.(little help please) I will try lowering the rpm's when I can save.

I'm running the comp. leafs so can't go the cheep rout on the trac bars but plan on getting the URD when I can get the funds together.

Thanks for all the help guys.

ntinhri

Reaction score
back you shocks to 5 or so... trac bar will remove it all.. also what psi are your tires?

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Hey Jason, what gauges are in your pod?
Looking to put some in the Flex Pod when I get one.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Well after following DS's advice on not dumping the clutch alot of the hop is gone.

The spinning starts as soon as the clutch is let out.

Shocks are set to 6 or 7 can't remember.

I haven't changed my l/c settings from what you suggested cause i couldn't figure out how to save them after I change them.(little help please) I will try lowering the rpm's when I can save.

I'm running the comp. leafs so can't go the cheep rout on the trac bars but plan on getting the URD when I can get the funds together.

Thanks for all the help guys.

It will spin off the line, as for the first 10mph (default setting), you'll be running 100% power, at that mark, it will pull a ton of timing, and the tires should hook.

To save your changes in X-Tune, you'll just check the checkbox.

Hey Jason, what gauges are in your pod?
Looking to put some in the Flex Pod when I get one.

Autometer Sport-Comp - Boost/Vac (20psi/30", mech), and Fuel Pressure (electric)

Fiddich

Reaction score
There is a throttle lock that will set the rev limiter at 2500rpms (in my case). Once I hit that limiter, I got WOT, so you'll hear the blower wining up. When I'm ready.. i just pop the clutch. Never lift my foot until its time to shift. Can't powershift this truck.. back end gets all over the place.

I've got another vid doing the same thing, but with a lot more spin (wasn't dialed in), and tried powershifting 2nd, and back end keeps spinning. I'll upload it real quick, though the quality sucks balls. Resolution was turned down way low.

Did you every do a write up on how to set up the launch control? how to set it at the rpm you want? have you thought about launching in 2nd gear?

Top Bottom