Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BLACK full size spare tire

MillsXR

Reaction score
Is there some kind of diy write up for the removal of the vapor return and fuel filler? I want to move my charcoal canister and I kind of have an idea but not 100% sure yet...

Twilio

Reaction score
if i want to paint my full rings then what i should do.....??

know i am concious about it....... is anyone tell me about it....??

sinister07

Reaction score
im on the fence about painting mine. i want it to look nice and last. i need a good durable flat black paint that touches up easily as well...

hmmmm maybe BBQ paint or engine paint? thoughts anybody?

and NO, im not doing plasti-dip either lol, my buddy did it and personally i think it looks cheap because of the texture. i want a smooth, flat black

My original set was rattle canned when I bought the truck and it looked like dookie. So I did one at a time (using the spare) and had the tire dismounted then sanded and sanded some more and painted them with a rust oleum paint I picked up from lowes along with a good automotive clear in a rattle can. They came out really nice, and lasted about 50,000 miles before I started noticing the chips from road debris. I wish I had just had them powder coated from the beginning but I was modding on a budget.

Detective_Dan

Reaction score
My original set was rattle canned when I bought the truck and it looked like dookie. So I did one at a time (using the spare) and had the tire dismounted then sanded and sanded some more and painted them with a rust oleum paint I picked up from lowes along with a good automotive clear in a rattle can. They came out really nice, and lasted about 50,000 miles before I started noticing the chips from road debris. I wish I had just had them powder coated from the beginning but I was modding on a budget.
thats not a bad idea switchin the spare around like that.

i know i might get flamed a little for this lol, but im thinking about using plasti-derp just for a little bit to see if i actually like the look of the black 18's.

if i like the stockers black, i will get them powdercoated probably next month or so. if not, im not going to spend $400 for powder coating if im just gonna sell them and get some 20's.

Top Bottom