Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

clicking sound when accelerating...

06ATLBSP

"Snickers"
Reaction score
Ive noticed in the past couple weeks that when I go to accelerate, ive heard a clicking sound come from what seems to be the right side of the engine (behind the glovebox). it seems to be from abuot 1800 -3000 rpm's. I dont know if its the valves or something else. I have 34500 miles on her and want to see what it is before my warranty expires. Has anyone else had this or a similar problem or can give some insight on to what is causing this??

the only engine work I have done is a Volant intake.

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Would you say it sounded like pinging/detonation? Is there a pattern to it? What kind of interval is there?

lucke

Reaction score
^ like jason said... we need more information about it.

how long have you heard it? when did you start hearing it? does it get faster or louder with speed?

06ATLBSP

"Snickers"
Reaction score
It sounds like clicking, or pinging. The sound is repetitive at consistent intervals. Thats why I thought it was the valves. Do you think I should try a higher octane gas and see if that helps? Maybe that would isolate the problem.

06ATLBSP

"Snickers"
Reaction score
It dosnt really get louder with speed, maybe a little louder the harder I press the accelerator. I think its something to do with the valves... But Im by no means an expert..thats why I ask..

stretch200

Reaction score
There's a TSB out that sounds like this. An engine ticking while accelerating.

wshsbears

Reaction score
i've tried to get that tsb done many times and every time they tell me its the fuel injection set-up on toyota vehicles. the fuel injection is what makes the loud clicking at idle. i'd say bring it in.. i had a weird belt noise and thought it was just a simple pulley.. turned out to be internal..

Top Bottom