Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Did a Spontaneous thing today....

nine9six

Reaction score
Handling, power, & braking all change in priority depending on what you plan to do with the car.

No point in buying coilovers for the drag strip :dontknow:

Touche.

I would love to go for a ride in an Evo. There are a few kids around here that have them, but they don't really seem like the 'nice' kind of people you could just approach and get to talking about their rides without them 'ego-tripping' on you. Mom and dad buying you a car doesn't give you the right to be a douche...or does it? :hmmmm2:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
Congrats on the car!!!

AWD turbocharged cars are a blast to drive:rockon:

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
Touche.

I would love to go for a ride in an Evo. There are a few kids around here that have them, but they don't really seem like the 'nice' kind of people you could just approach and get to talking about their rides without them 'ego-tripping' on you. Mom and dad buying you a car doesn't give you the right to be a douche...or does it? :hmmmm2:

I wish my mommy bought this car for me. If you are ever in the cowboy state, lemme know. I might even let you drive it. lol

akxr79

Reaction score
Touche.

hahahaha.

Young cocky import fanboys.

They need to get their ass handed to em a couple times by some other cars. Maybe then they'll start being nice :hmmmm2:

nine9six

Reaction score
hahahaha.

Young cocky import fanboys.

They need to get their ass handed to em a couple times by some other cars. Maybe then they'll start being nice :hmmmm2:

When I had my '78 Camaro I used to all the time. Those days are gone, unfortunately. :frown: Wont' be beating much in my super-fast, super-stock XR. :laugh:

I did get a Corolla S... Damn, that's sad to admit. :fail: :laugh:

You've got one sweet-ass ride man. Treat her right!! :top:

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments!

I just ordered a Buschur Racing Turbo-back 3" Magnaflow exhaust.
I also got an autometer steering column gauge pod from UPS.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a bunch of performance stuff. But i'm hesitant. Not sure why.

Heres a few pics from today...

Random21001.jpg

Random21016.jpg

Random21002.jpg

Random21013.jpg

Random21010.jpg

Random21017.jpg

Random21012.jpg

Random21011.jpg

Don't mind the AWFUL squealing brakes and poor quality. It's all I could do. lol. I don't know how to shorten it up either.
http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q212/mikemurray3849/Evo/?action=view&current=Random19001.flv

Thanks

shaX 07

Reaction score
Yikes, time for some new pads/rotors I think...

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
Here's the company that builds the exhaust I ordered. Only a 17lb exhaust system w/cat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efAOLl-MIWA

On friday night, me and my girl were cruising around Billings, MT, taking her for a ride in the EVO for the first time.

We rounded up a Altima Nismo SE-R, Mustang 5.0 (Exhaust, Cams, Intake, Ingnition, Tune), Early 90's civic with some sort of swap, and a 05 STI that couldn't really shift well, lol.

Al the races were from a 2nd gear roll, I brakeboosted and waited for them to go, then I followed pursuit. I was suprised how fast I reeled them in. My girlfriend is stoked. haha.

With the Altima, the first race I missed third, finally found it, and continued to pull. When we parted I gave him a thumb and said his car sounded badass, which it did.

The Mustang was pretty fast. Sounded sick too. Last time I was in Billings, I managed to find him in my X-runner, and got 2-3 roll races out of him. He pulled on me, but really not that hard.

The civic was suprisingly fast. About the same speed as the Mustang. He really suprised me because it looked like a ricer.

The STI kid was in love with doing ricer flyby's. He initiated, but it was still difficult to get a real race out of him.
We finally got a real line-up, and I was brakeboosting, couldn't tell if he was. I waited for him to go, and I let her loose. At first I pulled really hard, but my boost tapered off towards 7k, and I just rolled by him. Not pulling hard or anything.
I think what gave me the advantage is the gearing in the EVO, and his shifts weren't the fastest. All I could tell is that he had an exhaust, and his BOV sounded like a bird tweeting.

All in all, it was fun, and including my 250 miles @ 75mph to Billings, and about 10 races, I averaged 27mpg on 91 oct.

akxr79

Reaction score
I was about to toy with a evo today and he rolls down his window "my boost controls F'ed." He only had 4 lbs boost :thumpdown:

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
Got the exhaust on. Notice the license plate bracket.

Random22021.jpg

Random22022.jpg

AEM Boost / AEM Uego AFR

Random22011.jpg

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
I put in a few parts and got it tuned when I was visiting my family in Minnesota!

On MAPerformance's Dynojet:
Random23044.jpg

When I went to MN, I stopped in at MAPerformance and picked up a few goodies.

GSC Power Division S1 cams
Hallman Pro Boost controller
Turbosmart BOV
Fuel Injector Clinic 850cc injectors
Walbro 255lph fuel pump kit
Gates Extreme belts

Along with the exhaust/intake I already had on it I, I got her strapped onto the dyno.

With a conservative tune on 91 octane I got-
335 AWHP
334 AWTQ

And managed to get beter highway fuel economy (27-28)

Now if only I had access to good fuel/E-85, I have the supporting mods for 400+ on stock turbo. hehe.

I am trying to get Dynographs from MAP, when I do I will post them.

Last edited:

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
thats so awesome. what was the price tag on all the mods youve done so far. i just want a comparison to the X!!!

Top Bottom