Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Did a Spontaneous thing today....

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
any updates on the new ride brotha?

I just got a Valentine 1 a few days ago. No blendmount or anything though.

I have about 2,500 bucks I was going to spend on the XR that I'm gonna spend on this. It's just too hard to choose.

Going to do Buschur turbo-back 3" exhaust for sure.
Also need Boost, EGT, And A/F gauges. Want pod the replaces factory radio spot, and then relocate the radio.

Then a fuel pump, boost controller, and tune.

Got an alignment today. Also changed oil/filter.

The brembo brakes look like crap because the clearcoat is coming off. Want to get them PC'd.

Wow thats a good price man, I can't find any deals like that in my area...

I'll keep an eye out if you want.

I am not looking forward to the insurance premium on this..... even with my clear record.:ahhhhh:

Last edited:

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
When I first got the car, under the steering column on the dash was a small box. It had two buttons. One said on/off. Other said mode/select.

I assumed it was an aftermarket cruise control system. I goofed around with it for a few days. After pulling into my garage after a night cruising, I opened the door and almost pissed my pants. My entire garage floor was lit up green.
I guess the box was for underglow. lol

I pulled it all off today. It's filthy but works great. It's a Streetglow OPTIX. It has 4 strips, controller, and wiring. If anyone wants to buy it. Let me know.

BlackCat

Reaction score
I am not looking forward to the insurance premium on this..... even with my clear record.:ahhhhh:

Hmmm ... not sure about the Evo's, but surprisingly, my 08 MazdaSpeed 3 costs me less to insure than the XRunner does ... and the XRunner's policy has discounts on it, the MS3's policy doesn't (only because it's a brand new policy). I think the XRunner might be among the pricier vehicles to insure.

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
Hmmm ... not sure about the Evo's, but surprisingly, my 08 MazdaSpeed 3 costs me less to insure than the XRunner does ... and the XRunner's policy has discounts on it, the MS3's policy doesn't (only because it's a brand new policy). I think the XRunner might be among the pricier vehicles to insure.

That's odd! My 2002 Jeep Wrangler is more expensive to insure than my 08 XR. I guess it depends who you go through.

SE_XRUNNER

Reaction score
how much for the underbodys bro? if the price is right i may be able to take them off your hands for ya

edit....

sorry i just realized they are green lol... nevermind

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
That would be the EVO I would get. I hate the look of the new ones. IMO, the 3 and the 8 look the best.

shaX 07

Reaction score

That's definitely not the case around here, at the time I bought my XR every other performance car was Way more expensive to insure than this truck. RSX's, SRT4's, STi's, EVOs, even my SVT Contour was pretty much the same insurance as this truck.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
congrats on the EVO bro...looks really clean...:top:

but we expect some rally and drift videos on a regular...:eviltongue::laugh:

teamben158

Reaction score
Congrats on the Evo! I was struggling to decide on what to trade my tC in on, and definitely strongly looked at EVOs and Stis. In the end, I figured a truck was more important to have.

That's definitely not the case around here, at the time I bought my XR every other performance car was Way more expensive to insure than this truck. RSX's, SRT4's, STi's, EVOs, even my SVT Contour was pretty much the same insurance as this truck.

My 2007 Scion tC was about double my what my 2008 XR is through State Farm on the same policy.

shaX 07

Reaction score
Congrats on the Evo! I was struggling to decide on what to trade my tC in on, and definitely strongly looked at EVOs and Stis. In the end, I figured a truck was more important to have.

My 2007 Scion tC was about double my what my 2008 XR is through State Farm on the same policy.

That's so odd to me. Around here, it seems like almost all trucks are cheaper than all performance/"sporty" cars...

And for me, the newer the X-Runner, the cheaper. the 05 X-Runner was actually the most expensive, 06 being cheaper and 07 being even cheaper than that. The system is totally F'ed.

teamben158

Reaction score
That's so odd to me. Around here, it seems like almost all trucks are cheaper than all performance/"sporty" cars...

And for me, the newer the X-Runner, the cheaper. the 05 X-Runner was actually the most expensive, 06 being cheaper and 07 being even cheaper than that. The system is totally F'ed.

The XR is a lot cheaper than the Scion was, my post was kind of confusing.

nine9six

Reaction score
I pay $100/month. Which was (give or take) the same I was paying for my VR6 Jetta. FWIW...

lucke

Reaction score
I just got a Valentine 1 a few days ago. No blendmount or anything though.

I have about 2,500 bucks I was going to spend on the XR that I'm gonna spend on this. It's just too hard to choose.

Going to do Buschur turbo-back 3" exhaust for sure.
Also need Boost, EGT, And A/F gauges. Want pod the replaces factory radio spot, and then relocate the radio.
no no no...

first thing you should do is HKS hipermax iii coilovers... start with handling, then move to power

but thats just my opinion

nine9six

Reaction score
I was always taught:

1) Handling

2) Power

To each his own?

Have fun!!! :top:

shaX 07

Reaction score
no no no...

first thing you should do is HKS hipermax iii coilovers... start with handling, then move to power

Don't necessarily agree, I mean these cars handle Amazing out of the box, one of the best handling cars on the road. I don't think you need coilovers on an EVO or STi, unless you're autoXing or road coursing. For street use, springs should suffice IMO, but that's just me.

blknblubkrdude

Reaction score
no no no...

This is the best handling car I have ever driven....similar to that of a go-kart. I honestly do not need any better. It is great.

I need some more power for the roll races!

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Handling, power, & braking all change in priority depending on what you plan to do with the car.

No point in buying coilovers for the drag strip :dontknow:

Top Bottom