Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Drag Race season

Reaction score
With the drag race season coming up, I am wondering what all I need to do to be ready. I have caltracs and NST pulleys to install before I race. What kind of extra maintenance does my truck need for the season? it is my DD and I plan to race once a month for the length of the season at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I have 120k miles now, and my tires only have maybe 18k miles on them (Michelin Ms2). Also, it will be my first time at a sanctioned event, is there anything I need to know other than get a good launch? Whats a good time for a N/A Tacoma in the 1/4th mile?

Reaction score
No special maintenance needed. Just make sure you are up to date on it (plugs, oil, tranny fluid, etc).

You will need nothing special to race. If you had the TRD blower you would need a rated fire jacket per NHRA rules. Your local track may require extra safety equipment so check with them.

Reaction score
so far ive read just a DOT approved Helmet, which I think I can pick up for $55 at walmart.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Every track i been too you only need a helmet if your running 11seconds or faster in the 1/4th,i good time for a n/a in the 1/4 is 14.0s or 14.1s, i may bust into the 13.9s come this weekend

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Launch in 4wd than switch back over to 2wd after your 60ft

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Hmmm idk about auto,youll have to see what rpm u can launch at without spinning bad and let her dig

XTINCT_yota

Reaction score
They'll probably put you up for ESP. As far as I know, sometimes they require Snell approved helmets for certain states. Not too sure about GA. I know that my buddy had to get Snell approved for Kent County race way in Tacoma, WA. Hope they have a website with listed requirements.

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Im gonna try lol and im not running nitrious if anyone thinks that

Top Bottom