Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Evo X vs STi

Which car would you buy?

• Evo X!

Votes: 48 49.5%
  • STi! (Hatch)

Votes: 49 50.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HookedX

Reaction score
STI > Evo. even though i used to drive a lancer but i totaled it :(

akxr79

Reaction score
EVO slightly higher just cuz its a true race car. Ive been in a 07 sti and a 07 evo MR. Bolsters are insane in the evo mr.

Some guy has a X with a big fat AMS intercooler around my neighborhood. Its awesome

SickRedXRnr

"OK, Good Talk"
Reaction score
New STI's are pieces of S**T. New Evo PRETTY much dominates it in every way. Hatch looks like crap, sucks in the turns, basically subaru turned it into a fluff mobile to appeal to more consumer buyers while Evo.... kept making the car better. Ill let topgear take over from here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4CfWdoSOTk

Edgeman

Reaction score
The tipping point is that I prefer an inline-4 to a "flat-4," but I prefer the current Scoobie styling. Both are incredible machines, and would have a blast driving both of them.

Murderface

Reaction score
I have to say I'm not too impressed with the STI's speed, rolled one on the way to work from a 40 roll and he couldn't hang. It def was not stock either. I've always wanted one though:dontknow:

I do like the look of the Evo X though, with the rite tires and offset it looks sick.

I vote Evo X

MXXN

Reaction score
STI for Monday Wed Friday and Sunday. EVO for Tuesday Thursday and Saturday

I'd be happy in either

8WOOD

Reaction score
I just sold my EVOX.

Here's the deal. The evo is a pure track/ autoX car--it is not a good DD. It is a pain in the ass all day. Then when you go on a canyon run-- you think to yourself 30k is so worth it. The car handles amazingly. And gives you super confidence in the turns. The clutch sux. you will be buying a new clutch if you tune the car or launch it more than 3 times. Mine was on its last leg at 10,000 miles. The car is unbearable on stock tune. I had some help tuning mine and then started doing the tuning myself--its amazing the difference 80 more whp can do for that car. The evoX is pretty heavy--curb weight of my car (GSR) was 3600 pounds, that being said the sti will almost always be faster in a drag race if they have the same whp. But get it in the turns and the EVO will will everytime. Mitsubishi builds the exterior of the car cheaply--paint chips way fast, undercarriage falls apart, lights burn on fast, fuel pump relays burns out after so many WOT pulls, seats fall apart, EVERYTHING RATTLES.

The STI (driven it too) is more of a DD. Its a little softer suspension, virtually no laggy turbo feeling (evo has horrible lag-- the car will not hardly move from a dead stop unless you launch it and burn the clutch up) The STi has a bullet proof clutch stock (for the stock power). The seats allow fat people to sit in them :p. WAY MORE ROOM in the STI. The STI is a better built car for the long run. I think its just subaru's quality control is that much better.

With all that being said--what car would I buy if I did it again? Well if it was a daily driver, I would get the STI. If it was my sports car that I used to take to the track EVO FTW.

also as I've hung with the STI/EVO crowd here's pretty much what its come down to.

But hey that's just my opinion.

:rolleyez:

Last edited by a moderator:

05XR

Reaction score
That's a tough one. I see 10 to 1 Evo vs STI over here in So Cal

phat_free

Reaction score
The hatchback is the deal breaker for me. Evo all the way.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
I was a DSM guy growing up in HS, when I could finally afford an Evo, went looking for one, dealer I went to had both Evo 8 and STi on the lot, naturally I drove the Evo first, but figured I might as well drive the STi to be safe. Bought the STi that very same day, and will never go back.

Evo as a race car is going to win 99% of the time.
but if you want a comfortable/quality/competive tuner car, STi all the way.

I miss my STi every single day.

808XR10

Reaction score
they have the opposite specs. 290 tq on the sti and 300 for the evo x...ill go with the sti cuz the evo looks like shiit now.

kayo808

Reaction score
I always liked the sti so i would pick it lol

x20Runner05

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with the WRX STi. But that Evo X looks pretty sick

hiflyer

Reaction score
Love Top Gear, but that was using EVO's that we DONT' have on this side of the ocean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom