Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Help P0301, 0351, 0352, etc.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
checked all the wires and unplugged them all and checked for any loose wires and plugged it all back in and its still showing a blinking check engine light,anything i can do with the laptop? i have no idea how to use it on the x1

I assume you completely cleared the codes after re-installing the X-1? You have been filling up with 91 or 93 octane right? I still haven't seen any back story to what happened. Did you just turn it off one night and start is back up the next and have a flashing CEL?

Reaction score
Yeah the next day it ran like crap and was blinking check engine continuously....I didn't clear codes this last time after unplugging,unless I can with the laptop. A friend of mine used his computer to get the codes

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
You shouldn't drive it if the CEL is blinking. Is the ultraguage still in it? You should be able to clear the codes with that. Again you're running premium gas right?

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
the ultragauge is in the left upper corner of the windshield. It will also tell you the codes. If you want shoot me a text around 5 I can walk you through it once I get into my truck.

Reaction score
Yup only 93....yes the ultragauge is in it....I'm at work till who knows when but if u give me an idea of how to do it I will try when I get home. I was on my way to get gas when I noticed the check engine and it had no power

Reaction score
And the truck has not moved since that day,Saturday,and this is a daily driver for now till I find a a cheap car

*IrunnIt*

Reaction score
Press the menu button on the back left side of the gauge. This will bring you to a page with a bunch of options. Scroll down with the bottom button on the right back side of the gauge to trouble codes. From there you can read them and clear them

Reaction score
Ok thanx.....should I unplug the X1 again? I started the truck after I unplugged earlier and now have the codes again....and should the truck be off? Or key turned while I unplug x1? If I need to do it again

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
The purpose of re-seating the plugs of the X-1 is just to make sure they are securely connected to the truck's factory ECU, not to reset the X-1. The codes are stored in the truck's factory ecu not the X-1. If you didn't clear the codes so the CEL turned off they'll stay stored there and I imagine will continue to come back every time the truck is started.

• Re-seat all the plugs for the X-1.
  • Key on the truck (don't need to start it) and clear the codes with the ultragauge and confirm that the CEL disappears.
  • Try to fire it back up and see if the codes come right back

Can someone confirm what happens when our trucks go into limp mode? I know it cuts power, does the CEL flash? It almost sound like the X-1 guardian or the factory limp mode was tripped.

Chris what do you mean exactly by the "truck ran like crap"? Loss of power, can't rev above 3K rpm? Or misfiring and sputtering?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Def went into limp mode....idle is a bit rough and no power at all...I only drove it two blocks so not sure about the rpms...I will eras the codes when I get home...keep posted on progress.

Thanx for tryin to break it down tho,I'm learning as I go

Last edited:

butters607

Reaction score
Take and remove the power and negative cable on the battery for 20 minutes to reset everything. Then let it idle for 10 minutes see if that helps.don't just reset everything by the negative do both cables

dramad1

Reaction score
You said its not the coil packs, how do you know? When all mine went out it lost all power including power steering. I'd do what everyone suggest and if still throwing codes then check each pack for voltage and continuity and grounds with a multimeter.

Reaction score
We switched coils and it didn't follow it stayed at cyinder1 ....did the battery,checked the x1 and unplugged it,clears the codes and guess what,they are back:(

Anything I can do with the johns laptop?

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Did it smoke at all? Is your coolant level fine? Have you checked the dip stick to make sure the oil isn't milky?

Those are simple mechanical checks. Pull the spark plug on cylinder one as well. Take a picture of it and post it up please.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately you've surpassed my diagnostic ability. Hopefully some of the true gearheads can help you out from here.

Reaction score
I will check the spark plug 2maro,gotta get to johns tool box....oil.and coolant was fine and haven't seen smoke except a little white smoke at start up....thanx matt...I will post pic 2maro morning

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Doing the best we can, we're all hoping it's something fairly simple.

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Did Warren pass on the info I gave him to you?

If not, remove the X1 and reinstall it. They sometimes wiggle loose and you get intermittent connections that cause all kinds of weird things to happen.

If you still have the problem after you do that, do a compression test on the engine to ensure it is still healthy. If it is mechanically sound you most like have a problem with the X1.

G

It must be something in the air...I just got some misfire codes in #4 and #5.
Changed the coils and all good.
It would be nice to have a data log checked if I can load it and the tune back on the laptop...lol

butters607

Reaction score
By chance did you try to reset the battery by pulling both cables off? I had found a issue with mine where if I only pulled my negative cable it would not reset fully and I would get weird codes here and there since I have done it nothing has came back and the factory ecu has set itself back up to coincide with the ucon.

Reaction score
I'm at a loss, I did all the above....still getn code 301...next step x1?...onmy third borrowed car of the week

Top Bottom