Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

inside of windows fogging

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
I thought Rain-X was like some of those other products where the more you use it, the more you need it.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I thought Rain-X was like some of those other products where the more you use it, the more you need it.

i haven't used it on my 06' yet...mostly cause i have never needed too...but when i did use it on my 72' bronco it work wonders...:top: its not like armor all...simple soap and water can remove the rain-x...:biggrin:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
no heater i just walk outside to it and its fogged how would the circulation help?
found this on the website"Ask the Van"
Car windows fog up when water condenses on them. This can happen both on the inside of the window and on the outside. You can check to see in your mom’s car where the condensation is because it will be wet to the touch.

It sounds like outside humidity might be a problem (especially on the East coast). It is here in Illinois, particularly on hot, stormy days in the summer. Water will condense on a surface if the temperature of the surface is below the dew point of the air next to that surface. So you need warm, humid air next to a cooler surface to fog up.

If it is very humid outside and you’re running the air conditioner inside the car, water can condense on the outside of the windows. Using the windshield wipers and the rear defroster can get rid of condensation there by wiping it off or making it evaporate.

Often, the air in the car will be warmer than the air outside the car (this happens in winter here). Moisture will condense on the inside of the windows if the outside air is cooler than the dew point inside the car. This happened to me a lot when driving through a thunderstorm caused by an incoming cold front. In this case, running both the air conditioner, the heater, and the vents for defrosting the front window worked very effectively. The air conditioner dehumidifies air because water condenses inside it when the air goes past the cold tubes with the refrigerant inside. Heating it up way past its dew point makes it feel dry, and it is dry -- it’ll help evaporate any condensation that’s on the windshield -- and even more quickly the hotter it is because heat is needed to cause the liquid water to change phase to a gas.

Coupe

Reaction score
My guess here is not the truck, but the climate.

Next time it happens, look at what your outside (ambient) temperature and your barometric pressure and dew point if you can get it. These will be on the weather report on the nightly news.

My guess is your conditions in your area are just right for creating a fog in your car.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Often, the air in the car will be warmer than the air outside the car (this happens in winter here). Moisture will condense on the inside of the windows if the outside air is cooler than the dew point inside the car.

thanks, I think that must be it, warm and sunny in afternoon heats up inside, then it gets cloudy and temp drops in the evening causing the temp difference from inside to out

and coupe ill have to check the weather report next time it happens.

It rained today and I checked for wet spots and found nothing. It also didnt fog up. I doubt ill take it to a dealer unless I can be sure there is a leak.

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
thanks, I think that must be it, warm and sunny in afternoon heats up inside, then it gets cloudy and temp drops in the evening causing the temp difference from inside to out
:top: you're welcome. Yep, most likely the weather.:rock:

BlackCat

Reaction score
I have the same problem. I know that the makers of rain-x also have a product for fog. I'll try it today and will post the results here.

I used it once.... junk ! It caused all kinds of nasty streaking and smearing on the interior of the windows. What's worse, the stuff simply would NOT wash off the windows... used everything including rubbing alcohol... took like a year before it finally went away. :thumpdown:

dak-rt-2a-XR

Banned
Reaction score
Mine fogs up every now and then, and gets worse when i start the truck up. Full blast air on it though and it goes away.

yours sounds like it has deeper issues.

If your still in your warranty period, I would have it checked out, the worse they could say is nothing is wrong and suck it up

DanNolan

Reaction score
any issue you have, be it an engine knock or a rattle in the rear door, go to your dealer, get it noted, get it checked. Eventually they will get pissed off and fix it at their expense.

Vecte

"Fluffy"
Reaction score
Every vehicle I have ever owned has done this: 1985 Grand Marquis, 2001 Saturn SL1, 2004 Cadillac CTS, 2007 X-Runner.

XDsm

Reaction score
It's the moisture in the carpeting and the high humidity in the air that condenses when the inside of the truck gets warm then cools down. It's natural for this time of year. Turn the AC on while driving the truck. I use my AC with my heater. The AC dries out the air somewhat and running it with the heater on keeps you from freezing.

guy714

Reaction score
try cleaning the inside of your windows with that fog stuff for mirrors and windows. works great. I think it's Rain X anti-fog

eltus

Reaction score
So I applied the Rain-X anti fog. the first day I was not pleased. but then realized I did not follow the directions correctly. so I re-applied it and it's great. if you use it make sure to clean windows and apply as little as possible. let dry, and use a dry cotton rag or towel to remove. Do this process the same way you would wax your truck.

BlueTaco

Reaction score
Most cars down here in Florida do that. Every one of my cars has done it. The only thing that's troublesome is when you can't figure out whether or not to put the defroster on hot or cold. Usually putting it on hot fixes it, but I have the rare occasion where cold does the trick. Sucks when setting it to cold makes it so much worse. I think it usually happens when it's a hot humid day and then the thunderstorm comes in causes a sudden change in temperature. Be careful, happened to me while driving and we could not see more than 10 feet ahead of us.

Top Bottom