Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I've Never...

Sykotic336

Reaction score
I think you save a lot of gas if you dont go that fast and ive been told if you stay under 3k rpms you save gas as if you were to go over it but who knos lol.

I'm starting to skip 3rd because its only like one sec then I would have to shift again and yet I dont think ill hit 6 gear.

I also had a question about shifting. Does anything happen when your going about 10-15 mph and you shift down to first? I feel some sort of block so I just wait till Im under 5mph and then I shift down to first.

SUODRAXAH

Reaction score
I think you save a lot of gas if you dont go that fast and ive been told if you stay under 3k rpms you save gas as if you were to go over it but who knos lol.

I'm starting to skip 3rd because its only like one sec then I would have to shift again and yet I dont think ill hit 6 gear.

I also had a question about shifting. Does anything happen when your going about 10-15 mph and you shift down to first? I feel some sort of block so I just wait till Im under 5mph and then I shift down to first.
I feel that same blockage when try to shift into first... But i kinda went through this double clutching phase for like a week lol and it seemed to make it alot easier getting into first (as well as the other gears)

Sykotic336

Reaction score
I feel that same blockage when try to shift into first... But i kinda went through this double clutching phase for like a week lol and it seemed to make it alot easier getting into first (as well as the other gears)

Yeah dont care as much though lol I try to start in second gear so I dont wear out my clutch but I can only do it when im going down hill other than that I need more powah:motz: :motz: :motz: :motz: :motz: :motz: :motz:

Is there any other way that I can prevent my clutch from wearing out?

Xacto

Reaction score
i use it all the time. whenever im going above 70 i put into six...if i want speed i can just drop down into 5th

XPC_XR

Reaction score
As I sit here fuming... I realized that I USED to hit 6th every day during my commute of around 12-15 miles. It used to take me around 18 minutes to get to work. Now, I live about 5 miles from my new office and it takes me 30 minutes to get to work. How F'ed up is that. I NEVER hit 6th anymore - hell I rarely hit 3rd.

Somedays I rarely hit over 3rd or 4th with socal traffic. Typically im in 1st and at best 2nd. :motz: I hate our traffic.:thumpdown:

DOGSTOY06

Banned
Reaction score
did my first 90 mph 5th to 6th the other day on I-95 getting the hell out of palmcoast,felt great!!:biggrin: :top:

rpmspeedyblue

Reaction score
I hardly ever use 6th gear. If you are going about 80 or 90 on a straight away...it actually slows you down or takes a bit longer to speed up. I just keep it in 5th and gun it!:driver: :top:
Same here. Main gears I use are 4th and 5th on the highway. 3rd and 4th cruising on streets.

Top Bottom