Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ketchup - PAINT COMPLETE!

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
ooooooh man! you're such a tease! :laugh: looking good bro!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
No drying booth! Hope there are no bugs in your part of the nation!

No it was drying in the booth over night. Was painted yesterday.

supposed to be done Sat morning now. They have the body pieces to paint still. Then reassemble.

Xer0 SiN

Reaction score
how did they do that?? its sprayed...yet its outside with the elements...

EDIT:disregard...you answered right when i posted lol

KETCHUP

Reaction score
how did they do that?? its sprayed...yet its outside with the elements...

EDIT:disregard...you answered right when i posted lol

oh...yeah. Just nice to know that Im not the only one concerned with KETCHUPs new look! U guys care! :laugh: :rockon:XRU baby! :rockon:

the blue taco runner

"Livin It Up"
Reaction score
HAHA I was about to say the same thing, then I kept reading through lol. Im surprise they didnt put it under shade though. Looking good for far though. I wish mine was gunna be done soon :(

KETCHUP

Reaction score
HAHA I was about to say the same thing, then I kept reading through lol. Im surprise they didnt put it under shade though. Looking good for far though. I wish mine was gunna be done soon :(

yeah....I'm keepin constant pressure on them. Don't wanna over do it......but I don't want them to slack off. I miss KETCHUP! Going to the body shop now to see if they got the stripes painted. Stay tuned.:rockon:

MancheX

Reaction score
Damn. Looking good homie! Check out the people in that PT Cruiser checkin out your truck lol

NixXR462

Reaction score
That bedcover is going to look alot better matching now. I'm sick of these progress pics though. I'm ready to see it in its full beauty.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
That bedcover is going to look alot better matching now. I'm sick of these progress pics though. I'm ready to see it in its full beauty.

due time brotha! Patience is a virtue :eviltongue: :laugh:

Damn. Looking good homie! Check out the people in that PT Cruiser checkin out your truck lol

Just noticed that. Had to look back. Can't help but stare at a RR.....even if its flat....:laugh:

DSCF5020-1.jpg

Last edited:

THE MACF

Reaction score
Here are some updated photos. Stripes go on today. Ill try to get some pics of it after their done this evening. The bedcover is getting painted. The base coat will not be completely smooth because it has indentions thru the entire cover. (what I get for buying a cheap bed cover). They sanded it smooth as they can, but if they do any more, it could mess up the cover. It should still come out good. It will have the stripes as well.

Here are the pics from today:

DSCF5018.jpg

DSCF5019.jpg

DSCF5020.jpg

DSCF5021.jpg

DSCF5022.jpg

DSCF5023.jpg

DSCF5024.jpg

That is the reddest RR I have ever seen. Now if you only had them paint the wheels, tint the windows and maybe even get some red tires then you would really be KETCHUP:laugh:

Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks really good so far:top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
That is the reddest RR I have ever seen. Now if you only had them paint the wheels, tint the windows and maybe even get some red tires then you would really be KETCHUP:laugh:

Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks really good so far:top:

Yeah, they claimed they put mulitple coats of RR on it. + they used red primer.

UPDATE: The body shop is on the fritz! The owner and the lead painter (one that is doing my truck) have been fighting the last few days. They are doing the stripes today. He apologized. I wanna be pissed and tell em off.........but I don't want to get them mad while they are working on KETCHUP! :dontknow:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
****......the delay is my fault now!

:motz:I gave the body shop the wrong number when I dropped it off! They had been trying to call me all day to have me bless off on the stripes.
I was home sick :puke:-up n ****tin! Me and the wifey was sick. Finally got the guts.....:laugh: to go to the shop......that is when I found out they had been trying to call me. Said he would stay late to work on the stripes, but def wouldn't shoot clear till tomorrow.

Now.....it lookin like Sat evening.......or Sunday. Sucks cause we are having the EP meet starting tomorrow. Guess we can go look at KETCHUP when we go cruze....:laugh:

Here is a few photos. Between the blue stripes is where the Black Pearl Stripes will be. They are going to leave the scoop insert red for now. He thinks it will be too busy with the chrome billet. He said if I don't like it, he will paint it with the stripes.

DSCF5026.jpg

DSCF5029.jpg
[

DSCF5028.jpg

MancheX

Reaction score
Pimpin! That red looks a lot brighter than before. Its gonna look HOT!

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Why the black stripes...should've went with "mustard" yellow...:laugh: Na jk. looks good...can't wait to see the finished work. :top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Carolos.....^^yeah, come over around 1100 tomorrow. BC is going to be here before noon. It will just be me and you until the other two come after 2 and Javi comes after 5.

DanNolan

Reaction score
seeing that, id be tempted to leave it flat..

When you next speak to your main paint guy, ask him how hard flat paint jobs are to maintain, can they be waxed, how long they look good, how well they stand up to elements compared to those that are clear coated, etc. I think it would be good to know ;) for those of us considering a flat paint job in the near future.

Top Bottom