Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ketchup - PAINT COMPLETE!

BlackCat

Reaction score
yeah bro, I plan on it. Where can I get some??

The front mask clear bra is on Ebay.

The fender flares (as far as I know) don't exist precut, that's custom. I'm lined up to repaint my flares at the end of the month. I'm ordering bulk 3M clearbra material to cover the flares after the repaint. I can give you the templates when I'm done.

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Same color or not thats pretty dumb to not take all that stuff off the truck. For example when you take the grill and stuff off you'll see the line where the new paint/clear is next to the old paint. I'm mean come on its not that hard to take it all off. I see it as them just being lazy.

c'mon bro, don't rain on the man's parade. except for the stripes, he's getting new RR on top of old RR...noboby's gonna notice except him :top:

Last edited:

KETCHUP

Reaction score

The fender flares (as far as I know) don't exist precut, that's custom. I'm lined up to repaint my flares at the end of the month. I'm ordering bulk 3M clearbra material to cover the flares after the repaint. I can give you the templates when I'm done.

that would be sweet! thanks BC!:top:

the blue taco runner

"Livin It Up"
Reaction score
Sweet deal bro!!! Im kinda surprised they didnt take off the bumpers/grille/lights and do it all seperately. At least thats what the shop mines at is doing. I too need one of those clear bra's as well X(

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
i am liking the flat red look...:biggrin: but can't wait to see the finished product...:top:

2006nightrider

Reaction score
So far so good:rock:

Tell that bodyshop to hurry up, I want to see the finished results!!!

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score

I saw a taco at the dealership with the clearbra stuff on the fender flares, when i asked about it they said they have seen it on alot of the tacos, but when I got my X I didnt have any of that on it:dontknow:

How much does it cost? Is there any sortof write-up on it, I get how to do it just wanna see the process in pictures

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I saw a taco at the dealership with the clearbra stuff on the fender flares, when i asked about it they said they have seen it on alot of the tacos, but when I got my X I didnt have any of that on it:dontknow:

How much does it cost? Is there any sortof write-up on it, I get how to do it just wanna see the process in pictures

U can find them on EBAY. But like BC said, they don't make the ones for the flares. We have to custom make those. My buddy has some of them on his Inf.

Last edited:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
Not doubting you but how does toyota get them on the flairs then?

BlackCat

Reaction score
I think some of the PreRunner / TRD Sport and other 4x4 / 4x2 models may have the factory-installed flare clear-bra stuff on them. But I think we (X's) have different flares than they do.

Like I said, I'm gonna cut up some templates for some custom flare guards and fender panel guards at the end of the month. I'd be happy to do a write up then... :top:

KETCHUP

Reaction score
I think some of the PreRunner / TRD Sport and other 4x4 / 4x2 models may have the factory-installed flare clear-bra stuff on them. But I think we (X's) have different flares than they do.

Like I said, I'm gonna cut up some templates for some custom flare guards and fender panel guards at the end of the month. I'd be happy to do a write up then... :top:

screw a write up.......just cut some for me.....:laugh:

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
OK I think blackcat has it right I think it was a prerunner sorry for the confusion, I didnt compare the flairs

cant wait for the write up

screw a write up.......just cut some for me.....:laugh:

that would be even better, how bout he just install it for you too lol

BlackCat

Reaction score
Won't be cheap... depending on how much of your body sides you want protected, it could run you from $40-$180 for the bulk material. And that's just for the bodysides.

We can talk about this more later, I first have to make sure I can actually pull this off before I offer it to anyone else... :biggrin: I just got some bulk material and just got done cutting templates for my MS3, if that goes well, then I'll try the X.

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Here are some updated photos. Stripes go on today. Ill try to get some pics of it after their done this evening. The bedcover is getting painted. The base coat will not be completely smooth because it has indentions thru the entire cover. (what I get for buying a cheap bed cover). They sanded it smooth as they can, but if they do any more, it could mess up the cover. It should still come out good. It will have the stripes as well.

Here are the pics from today:

DSCF5018.jpg

DSCF5019.jpg

DSCF5020.jpg

DSCF5021.jpg

DSCF5022.jpg

DSCF5023.jpg

DSCF5024.jpg

braves011

"Crouching Tiger"
Reaction score
they just leave it parked out by the road like that?:dontknow:

BSP06XRU

Old Member
Reaction score
No drying booth! Hope there are no bugs in your part of the nation!

KETCHUP

Reaction score
they just leave it parked out by the road like that?:dontknow:

no bro, they had just moved it out of the bay. It was in the booth drying last night. They will move it back in to do the stripes and it will stay inside over night. Trust me.....I make a few passes by the shop a day...cause Im crazy like that.....:top:

Top Bottom