Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

My newest "Mod"!

nine9six

Reaction score
Well to start, some of you may remember me asking questions about the WeatherTech Floor Liners. I was going to get a set for my birthday, but it came down to: should I use the $ I got on my birthday to buy the floor liners, or use that $ to go see my grand parents in Alabama?

I love my grandparents VERY much, so naturally I opted to go see them instead. Floor mats can be obtained any day of the week. Grandparents, however, won't be around forever.

Well, today @ work I went down to my truck to put a Blu-Ray of "Up" and "Star Trek" in my truck and when I opened my door I was taken back. I thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me due to my sun glasses because my floor was darker than it usually is.

A few minutes later, and a couple of "WTF's" later:

7ecc2ff0.jpg

adc8d224.jpg

A couple of co-workers of mine bought them, and snuck them into my truck while I was getting my managers machine to do a re-build on their laptop to get them on Windows 7. They sneaked my keys out of my desk while I was AFK and then handed me the Blu-Rays to take to my truck.

This completely made my day! I am going to take the drivers-side out when I leave and I'm going to trim the plastic to allow for proper clutch action. Other than that, they look awesome!

Not really a "Mod" per-say, but I'm working with a low budget, so I'll take it! :laugh:

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
Those actually look REALLY good. I was looking at getting new floor mats yesterday, as .. I'm pretty sure the snow is going to ruin mine.. haha.

But those look superb!!! You must have really good co-workers!!

DERRIXRYD

Reaction score
Those actually look REALLY good. I was looking at getting new floor mats yesterday, as .. I'm pretty sure the snow is going to ruin mine.. haha.

You have snow... oh yeah..:canada: forgot..:laugh:
An interiors best friend...:top:

Last edited by a moderator:

nine9six

Reaction score
Yeah, I love my job to say the least! I can't wait to get the one trimmed and go for a drive. As if it's going to make it faster. :laugh:

Phoenix

"Snow Ninja"
Reaction score
You have snow... oh yeah..:canada: forgot..:laugh:
An interiors best friend...:top:

You're tellin me. Besides the snow, there's also the salt they put on the road which has TONS of calcium. my poor truck :(

Sorry I'm jackin' your thread yo! Continue :) hahah

Murderface

Reaction score
Someday I'll have them, after the go faster mods:top:

speckdzl4shzl

"Gym Junkie"
Reaction score
damn i couldn't see the people i work with doing that for me. that's awesome though!

i think i'm going to get me a set...

nine9six

Reaction score
Long story made short, one month I was completely F*CKED, $-wise (this a LONG story being made short) and they pulled together and came up with $1K to get me through. That was a long time ago, but still. If the world was full of the great people I work with, this would DEFINITELY be a better world to live in.

Not being selfish, but I am truly blessed. :angel:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
congrats...you will love them....saves from most vaccuming and those things only need a good rinse and armor all (or meguiars detailer) to really make em shine for a show or whatnot. If you get in your truck alot from snow or rain you may want to pull them every so often and wipe the underside of them down to keep your carpet from getting moldy and smelly from the matts keeping the carpet underneath moist. They dont have any air holes or anything to let the carpet underneath to breath so if you get water under them, it will stay. (Its not a problem that Ive had often but once.) Like I said just make sure you keep everything dry and your golden. One of the best 145.00$ Ive spent on the truck. :adore:

nine9six

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the ArmorAll. I've got a good stash of cleaning supplies, so I'll be sure to stay on top of it. Snow I don't have to worry about, but rain is something we're in no short supply of.

They look soo good! It's hard to imagine how nice they are until you see them installed in the truck. Makes the whole interior stand out. Can't wait to leave work and get to fabricating!

Nice! :top:

Are those the liners or mats? Make sure your pedals don't get stuck on it!
http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=16502

They're the liners. I've already tested the clearance with the clutch and it needs some cutting to make it safe so I'm going to yank the drivers-side out before I leave work and make some cuts tonight and reinstall it. 5:30 can't come quick enough! :laugh:

Last edited:

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
congratulations bro...:top: those are some bad ass coworkers who bought you some weathertechs...:biggrin:

I got weathertechs...just a fyi I didn't have to trim mine for the throttle or the clutch...

nine9six

Reaction score
congratulations bro...:top: those are some bad ass coworkers who bought you some weathertechs...:biggrin:

I got weathertechs...just a fyi I didn't have to trim mine for the throttle or the clutch...

Yeah I've been doing some reading and some haven't had the issue. Did you get yours in '07? From what I've gathered, the '08-'09 years of production have had the most interference.

What would be the best way to trim them do you think? Some tin snips?

NixXR462

Reaction score
I really need some of those, congrats the most I ever got from work was a beer huggie with our companies name on it.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
Yeah I've been doing some reading and some haven't had the issue. Did you get yours in '07? From what I've gathered, the '08-'09 years of production have had the most interference.

best trimming is probably exacto knife if not a dremel...but if you use a dremel watch out cause you may melt them...so take your time...

I got mines back in march...my gf bought them for me for valentines day...it was a little late cause they were back ordered...but haven't had any fitment issues on the drivers side what soever...but I did notice on the passenger side for the front seat the far right corner doesn't sit flush with the interior of the bottom part of the a-pillar(or whatever that part is called)...I think its how the matt were shipped...but I used some fishing line and some weights and made a small inscition on the backside of the matt...ran the fishing line through and pulled it with the weights for a couple of hours and tied it off...it helped make the matt sit more flush to the interior...it was only 1/2" or so...but it bothered me cause I knew it was there even if i didn't look at it...

nine9six

Reaction score
but it bothered me cause I knew it was there even if i didn't look at it...

I completely understand. Thanks for the heads-up! Going to bust out my dads dremel and give it a shot.

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
I completely understand. Thanks for the heads-up! Going to bust out my dads dremel and give it a shot.

no problem bro...like i mentioned before...just take your time with the dremel...

I hate how mines turn grey after 2 or 3 days...so i'm constantly cleaning mines...:top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score

best safest and cleanest way to trim them is with a dremel and cutting wheel, then use the sanding tip afterwards to truly refine the edges to as close to factory cuts as possible.

Or if you want to do the job and dont have the proper tools, you can always use a razor knife. The plastic is very pliable and easy to cut but for me, Im too anal retentive to just hack it with a knife. :top: tollphR33 has an auto which leads me to believe thats why he didnt have to cut his.....also my clutch pedal was fine I do believe mine was the accelerator if im not mistaken...(it could have been the clutch, I dont remember).

Top Bottom