Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Front Suspension

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
New Drop Coilovers-Pre/4x4

This might be a bit pre-mature, but I'll throw it out there any way. I've recently started working with Sittin Sic, for some performance lowering coilovers.
I know this is an Xrunner site, but we do have lots of other trucks on here as well. This is for the Pre-runner/4x4 guys.
I am in the process of lowering my truck, and wasn't satisfied by what was on the market for my truck, in terms of a performance drop. That is why I gave Shane a call.
So far, the stats look to be a drop of 3"-3.5" in the front. We are hoping that they can be adjustable also. There are a few different choices which he is looking at, so remember that this is the earliest stage.
These will have performance springs and shocks.
One last thing. He and I are doing this because I want a quality set for my truck. If there are some PreRunner or 4x4 guys that are interested, then the price will be cheaper. 5 would be the minimum for a group buy. Regardless if anybody else wants them, I am getting them.
So if you are interested I would start a list.
As more info becomes available I will share. Also, these will be sold through Sittin Sic only.

Last edited:

micpun

Reaction score
1. Trd_sport
2. Torspd

Figure i put u in there since you said your gonna get them anyway.

Tapp

Reaction score
thats pretty cool man!!! cant wait to see the final result..

GOOD LUCK!! :top:

MusTrd

Reaction score
Does this performance drop happen to assist with reverse launching? :biggrin:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
LMFAO!!!!!^^^^ And yes. won't squat as much.

Super Werty

Reaction score
So this is for prerunner and 4x4? And this is 3 inches lower than stock height?

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. There is only one other company that makes a lowering strut for our trucks, but it isn't performance oriented. This takes care of that. For the rear, I have already figured out which pieces need to go together to make a bad ass drop. URD can certainly help with that.

micpun

Reaction score
so u going with a under the axle leaf? Or getting rid of the leafs?

Super Werty

Reaction score
Correct. There is only one other company that makes a lowering strut for our trucks, but it isn't performance oriented. This takes care of that. For the rear, I have already figured out which pieces need to go together to make a bad ass drop. URD can certainly help with that.

We'll depending on what the cost and end result is, I may be in. I've heard that lowering a vehicle can pick up some mph in the 1/4 mile

KETCHUP

Reaction score
Does this performance drop happen to assist with reverse launching? :biggrin:

awwww Brian, now that is low! :laugh:
someone else did that too.....but wasn't on video! :biggrin:

sounds like a good plan. shane is the man! sure you will get what you are lookin for. keep us posted.

Shanes56

Reaction score
Got a shipment today now I can really start hammering this one out. Keep in mind this is the early stages of production and most kink have been worked out already because of another set of coil overs that are being worked on :top:

ICEMAN

"I drive in the dirt"
Reaction score
We'll depending on what the cost and end result is, I may be in. I've heard that lowering a vehicle can pick up some mph in the 1/4 mile

This is what I have been telling you to do......I don't see it coming to fruition though.

SooRunner

Reaction score
A dropped 4x4? That is wicked! I gotta see some pics of this.

I thought people usually lift their 4x4? I guess we are in a new generation! :D

Rat Rod

"Blade"
Reaction score
A dropped 4x4? That is wicked! I gotta see some pics of this.

I thought people usually lift their 4x4? I guess we are in a new generation! :D

so what your saying is you wanna lift your x for the new generation :stupid:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly like Shane said.
For the rear, I got the drop kit from URD. Maintains axle over setup, just relocates mounting of axle. I will then swap out the leafs with the composites a little later.
Lower your truck Werty and you lower drag.
All said and done, with these for the front and that for the rear, our trucks should sit as high as a stock X. Maybe just a tad lower.
Get me a TruTrac for the front, and I have an all wheel drive lowered racing truck.

Top Bottom