Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

New Front Suspension

Grumpy

Reaction score
Some components are in the mail waiting arrival.

Grumpy

Reaction score
5 lugs & 6 lugs truck have completely different front suspension.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Correct. Only 4x4 and PreRunner.

5 lugs & 6 lugs truck have completely different front suspension.

The 5 lugs are more similar to each other. Your truck and Xrunners, I believe are the same.

Last edited:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the 4x4 and PreRunner have the same rear leafs.

Also, I made a nice headway today on the coilover setup for our trucks. Did some calling around and ran some #'s with a very helpful individual. These coilovers will work that I have. I can't post anything yet on parts or part #'s. By the end of August I will have my truck lowered though. THe coilovers I have will be the temp ones. The ones I plan to get a little later, will be a very nice upgrade over the ones I currently have.

All I can say is that this is going to be freakin' suweeet!

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
Yes, the 4x4 and PreRunner have the same rear leafs.

Also, I made a nice headway today on the coilover setup for our trucks. Did some calling around and ran some #'s with a very helpful individual. These coilovers will work that I have. I can't post anything yet on parts or part #'s. By the end of August I will have my truck lowered though. THe coilovers I have will be the temp ones. The ones I plan to get a little later, will be a very nice upgrade over the ones I currently have.

All I can say is that this is going to be freakin' suweeet!

Can't wait to see it lower to the ground man. Gonna look great.

Edgeman

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question, but why buy a 4X4 or a PreRunner if you want to lower the suspension. Those trucks come from the factory raised from the standard Tacoma height (and XRunners are lowered from the stock height). Instead of jumping through those hoops, why not just sell your current truck & buy an XRunner or a 4X2 Tacoma?

T0LLPHR33

"Catwoman"
Reaction score
at 1 time mark used to do a lot of 4x4 (wheeling) that's why he lifted it...but seeing as he doesn't off road as much he'd rather put the power down on the pavement...that's why he is now lowering it...

another thing to keep in mind he will be the 1st 4x4/AWD XR...:rockon:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^Correct. As well as the hassel of swapping my motor into the newer vehicle. Not worth it.

muzzyfsu

Reaction score
i would like my x to be 4x4, so I for one would buy one and lower it, but i was to lazy.

Top Bottom