Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Question

Gadget

Reaction score
...Whatcha talking about Willis???

I talked to him on the phone a couple of times today. Did not mention a popped engine....

G

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Xrunnit had a tuning mishap, if I remember correctly. It aided in the rings on number 4 cylinder going out.

That was about 10 psi. if this is not a joke, then I would bet that either 4 or 6 went bad.

Also, if this isn't a joke, you can ask around and get a few different quotes for used engines. Best I have seen was $1300. Mine was $18--. Throw it in and move on to the next step. Either building the old one, or trading it for another vehicle. Really the only two options.

butters607

Reaction score
Xrunnit had a tuning mishap, if I remember correctly. It aided in the rings on number 4 cylinder going out.

That was about 10 psi. if this is not a joke, then I would bet that either 4 or 6 went bad.

Also, if this isn't a joke, you can ask around and get a few different quotes for used engines. Best I have seen was $1300. Mine was $18--. Throw it in and move on to the next step. Either building the old one, or trading it for another vehicle. Really the only two options.

just take the.plug out of cylinder 4 I got a 12 pack on it that says its.number 4
5 6
3 4< culprit
1 2
Front of truck

Last edited:

808XR10

Reaction score
this makes me wanna ditch the X but im not boosted yet so im gonna try not to be bothered by it. i think he said the motor didnt blow, its just not boosting right?!

Murderface

Reaction score
*Update* Is not the motor but my TO bearing instead. It has always made a nasty knocking sound since replaced over 1 1/2 yrs ago but recently went away. Well it came back with a vengeance and was really really loud but I couldn't really tell by pushing in the clutch pedal until today. I yanked the trans and the sleeve has cracked off just like Aitkenkingfishs did if anyone remembers that.
Wheeeeewwww what a scare and good thing I had bought the TSK45 sleeve kit because it's long enough to cover the broken part. All is back together but I still have another phucked up issue.

Yesterday morning I decided to fill up with e85 since the price of 93 is over $4.15 and e85 is $3.39 and saves me over $13 a tank plus I can still get the same mileage out from a tank of e85 that I can with 93. So I had the thumbdrive loaded with the correct e85 map with the X1 prefix before it and had the reg E85 map on my laptop as a second option. Thumbdrive would not work so I had to load the X-1 with the map using my laptop. Well it wouldn't show both tunes on the left of XTune? Ur supposed to be able to drag and drop the tune into the Xport spot and take the gas map and drop it onto the desktop. I couldn't get XTune to work properly and then it crashed. Here I am 13 miles from home with my 11 month old daughter crying in my ear while Gadget tries to help me. He figured I needed to reload XTUne but I needed wifi or Internet signal to do it. I limped my truck to my buddies house and sat outside stealing his wifi signal and reloaded XTune. I still got the same issue which was XTune was looking for a file but it's not in the place that it's supposed to be. This is where I sit right now with the truck, can't drive it with out loading the map and my buddy use to use his laptop to do all my flashes but he erased the files and doesn't have his laptop with him. So I'm without a truck till I get this XTune and my laptop fixed.

Thx for all the encouragement bros:top:

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
WOOOOOOoOOOO.......Major relief!!!! Damn xtune acts when you least need it to.......

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
That's great news. So happy for you bud. Damn that TO bearing. :atomic:

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
No engine swap for you, that's good news

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
No engine swap is excellent news! Now you don't have to part out your engine parts! But damn 4.15 for 93 I WISH!! I will post pics later but 93 here is 1.55 a liter or 5.89 a gallon!! So now your super lucky!!!

Helimx

"Dutch Rudder Master"
Reaction score
glad to see that your truck didn't pop the engine..... you're a staple here dood, you can't sell......

and 87 octane is 4.26 a gallon here, fyi... lol

xrunnerjoe89

Reaction score
Thats really good news that its not the engine! I was upset when I read your post the other day. We have lost enough xrunners that move onto other vehicles. Well I hope everything works out with the tuning. If ya need help just let me know(though im not much of help), but just throwing the offer out.

revobreaker

Staff member
Reaction score
thank god. glad to see you are (almost) still up and running.

and Im adding boost back to my wish list:laugh:

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
Wow man thats awesome you didn't blow your motor. I mean I know the tob is a pita but at least it's cheaper than a new engine.

Clewis333

Reaction score
Whew... Relief... :ahhhhh:
Goodluck with your xTune issues!

Top Bottom