Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Show Off Your XR/RC

Venomous_X

Reaction score
ok guys...and gals, I have my body trimmed....but Im not using popsicle sticks to attach it to the chassis.... So Im asking how did a few of you guys mount your body to the chassis? I want it to look super clean and Im having a little trouble :(

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
Lemme know how that goes... this is where I "took a break" (quit). :laugh:

As an idea though... I thought about getting some thin aluminum strips from Ace Hardware. They can be easily bent to shape and will still have a little flex in them, but are strong enought obviously to support the plastic body on the chassis. Make your suspension a little more "active" :dontknow:

I'm feeling a little inspired. I may break mine out this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting some hobby r/c parts .....suspension sucks when Im trying to slam it :laugh: Problem is I dont know a decent way to mount it so I can take it back apart if I need to....:( Come on guys, all these sick r/cs and noone remembers how they did it?

TitanRattler813

Reaction score
haha... I bought some little springs from Ace and tried an experiment with some drinking straws. That turned out to be counterproductive because there isn't enough weight to keep them compressed... so I ended up with a lift instead :frown:

XrunnIT

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting some hobby r/c parts .....suspension sucks when Im trying to slam it :laugh: Problem is I dont know a decent way to mount it so I can take it back apart if I need to....:( Come on guys, all these sick r/cs and noone remembers how they did it?

I still have mine 'under construction' so i'm of no help right now. I need to start working on them again...:smile:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
indeed....that sucks donkeysack LOL....i bet it looked like a jack in the box LOL... Anybody else with a little ingenuity would be grand? Nxrunner is the king of these and is also awol :thumpdown:

morcheez

Reaction score
i used some small bolts and nuts and drilled through the bed ...i also have springs under there for something haha....then i just put a bedcover on it (cut out the top of a black five star mead notebook haha) i would have to take mine apart to let u know though ...i thik i might have some pics to let me see

here are the pics...see the suspension haha

rcxrunner004.jpg

rcxrunner005.jpg

rcxrunner003.jpg

mine is pretty much as slammed as it can be...the front actually drags on cement :rock:

here is one my friend did...he cut off the bodykit ...it just wasnt low enough for him

rcx002.jpg

rcx001.jpg

Last edited:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
looks good, i figured the rear....now im stuck with the front....I cant put a bedcover up there :argh: thanks cheez!

nxrunner

Reaction score
I dont know if this will help, but if you look at the 1st picture Morcheez posted, there are 2 screws in front of the front wheels. I believe those 2 screws are holding a lip ( kinda like an airdam). I used silicon based caulking and simply caulked that to the backside of the front ground effects. I did this on the 1st few I built until I came upon a different idea of using the factory bolt holes on the xrunnerbody and drilling new holes in the frame to match. Hope this help. If you can figure it out, just mail it to me. I will build it for you. :top:

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I may do that soon as I buy another rc, Im gonna trick out this body and see if I can put it on my traxxas jato 3.3 ;) Is there an easier way to contact you for me LOL Ill definitely get this done :top: And I noticed you guys are using something other than the dub charger....my remote is different and I dont have the same holes :thumpdown:

morcheez

Reaction score
i think mine was an orange camaro....well i know it was:biggrin:

Jay Swift

"The Philippine Bean"
Reaction score
Here's mine still in progress but this is what I got so far...:biggrin:
DCX-RunnerMeetAugust2008061.jpg

Venomous_X

Reaction score
mine is identicle, but I sanded it to get a flatblack appearance :( Im not happy at all with how ive mounted the chassis to the truck, I still need to find another way to do so :rockon: Speaking of which, I have a brand new 64 chevy c-10 unopened if anyone wants a good chassis :top:

Sorry About Ur Luck

Reaction score
the burn out on that video is awesome, i've been to a swap meet in elksville and saw a red toy there, i did not know this was the same toy that is being used for mods... i might go tomorrow to pick it up and start working on mine. i will look for a chasis soon...

xrspeedway

Reaction score
if anyone plans on getting rid of one r/c x please let me know ive been after those for like about a year im really interested in one if so please pm me

nxrunner

Reaction score
I have one left. It is my personal truck and didnt plan on doing anything with it. I decided to let it go if anyone is interested in it let me know. It is a SWB that is complete readdy to go. :rock:

Top Bottom