Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

The official exhaust thread

fmap4life

Reaction score
Ill get some fly by's up in the next few days. Gotta find a place to do it. Wife had lasik eye surgery today and i came down with strep. I got 2 shots in the azz :motz: and she is dam near seeing 20/20 right now. :top:

Lmao thats hilarious because i went through same damned thing, just wait until your back to normal! Allthe things she didnt see before (like biting your fingernails, pam anderson over) too much too list! But for real she is way better and you have paid for it and will pay for it again, thank GOD iam colorblind!

Murderface

Reaction score
One of these days I'll make a video of my setup running a Stage III+ TRD blower, long tubes, stock unmodified Y pipe and URD's 3" catback with the Dynomax Super Turbo Quietflow muffler. IMO it sounds Really good and I'm so happy with the sound that I'm hesitant on getting a URD Y pipe and adding ansecond muffler only to be disappointed in the sound and how much louder it is. Now I finally got a ride in a truck that has long tubes, URD Y and the URD 3" catback with 2 straight thru Magnaflows and it's too loud for me. I'm guessing I'd need to have the primary muffler the same Dynomax I already have and maybe throw on a Borla straight thru muffler right after the Y pipe flange.

Murderface

Reaction score
Cory that thing is LOUD!! does the exhaust look like this? With bolt on flanges? This exhaust made my truck sound like a muscle car with exhaust dumped straight out the headers, way too loud!
8668855c.jpg

9a13f4ed.jpg

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah that's the one, I am not impressed with it. It's very loud and has started to rust after the winter. It's also really raspy over 3k, I bought it to run it with my dtlt's. Plan is to run it for now until I get the urd mk2 exhuast

Murderface

Reaction score
I swear they made that exhaust with EMT which is used to run electrical wires. I even called the company and they swore it was ss but somewhere in the 200's and not 304,309,409. The walls of the tubing are paper thin too and I'm sure that has a lot to do with how loud it is plus the straight thru muffler doesn't help.

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Don't come down and drive around Guelph, the man with the blue and red lights will be asking for a donation.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't come down and drive around Guelph, the man with the blue and red lights will be asking for a donation.

I am in Guelph 2 or 3 times a month no problems! Same as anything repect gets respect, I don't tromp on it around houses and don't drive like an ass and I have had officers comment on how nice the truck is lol

wisenthefools

"Ricky Bobby"
Reaction score
Man...those DTLT make that exhaust loud as hell. We get what we pay for right? still helped me stomp on stock and lightly modded x-runners with only this exhaust though. I wonder how loud it'd be with shorties and a different muffler.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
Man...those DTLT make that exhaust loud as hell. We get what we pay for right? still helped me stomp on stock and lightly modded x-runners with only this exhaust though. I wonder how loud it'd be with shorties and a different muffler.

I had thought about welding in a magnaflow muffler but after talking to a welder who welds 304 stainless all day at my food production plant he said that stainless is crap and won't weld the greatest...

Yeah she is hella loud with LT's I swapped my headers back to stock to get an etest done and it's soo quiet now... Too quiet, long tubes are going back on in the am lol

And absolutely you get what you pay for, good parts aint't cheap and cheap parts ain't good.

Last edited:

Murderface

Reaction score

If u have cats on those shorties then it should sound just like it does now, it's when u start taking the cats off that it sounds like Poo Poo. Those cats act like mufflers pretty much, only problem with shorties is u won't gain nearly as much HP or tq as u would with long tubes.

miguelsxrunner

Reaction score
I was ganna get this cheap exhaust but I've changed mi mine

So many choices

Last edited:

kenneth206

Reaction score
[sound clip only]

Here is my first video of my URD Mk2 Cat-Back I installed yesterday - you can see my other mods in my infos. There really isn't any video as I had my phone in my visor so its all blurred out.

I will do drive by vids and whatnot, hopefully soon. I must say I'm really happy with how the system turned out (cheers URD!!). In this video I'm driving through the "Mercer mess" in Seattle and getting onto I5 north express lanes heading home...

This video is purely for reference about how the URD system sounds in my cab. This is not a video to showcase anything beyond that (like my driving or shifting, haha). At 1:50 I rolled my windows up, FYI.

Also, we need more roads up here hahahaha. So much traffic and not enough pavement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo1Jk6xxcjw

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent video for the visually impaired. Lol.

Sounds good though.

JiNsEiGaNaI

Reaction score
OK so i got a question, WHICH one is better for PERFORMANCE, BORLA cat back, or Magnaflow catback? and btw 1) is URD still using magnaflow mufflers? and 2) my friend told me about a xpipe instead of y-pipe, n e one know about this and power gains and PERFORMANCE aspect

Top Bottom