Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

throwout bearing

Brianburkhart1

Reaction score
Also have a chirping underneath until i push in clutch but only get the shimmy when taking off from a dead stop.

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Also have chirping underneath until i push in clutch but only get the shimmy when taking off from a dead stop.

Yep with the chirping it's definitely the TOB. .order up the TOB sleeve kit from URD and problem solved.

not sure what you mean about the shimmy unless you mean wheel hop?

Brianburkhart1

Reaction score
Ya its like when you start from a dead stop letting the clutch it shimmeys pretty sure its the tob I called the local dealer about putting it in and they were trying to get me not to put the kit in saying it will still squeal lol want me to get the toyota oem (redesigned) bearing ......ok from what I saw the redesigned bearing has the same issue aluminum parts lol I will do it my self I guess alot cheaper then 121.00 an hour for 6 hours.

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya its like when you start from a dead stop letting the clutch it shimmeys pretty sure its the tob I called the local dealer about putting it in and they were trying to get me not to put the kit in saying it will still squeal lol want me to get the toyota oem (redesigned) bearing ......ok from what I saw the redesigned bearing has the same issue aluminum parts lol I will do it my self I guess alot cheaper then 121.00 an hour for 6 hours.

Your "shimmy" may not be the TOB. Just doesn't sounds like a typical symptom of that part failing. How many miles do you have on the truck? Might be clutch. That's what mine did right before the hub separated from the disc. Not trying to scare you, just something to think about. If you're going to have the trans out and you're close to due for a new clutch it'd be worth doing at the same time to save on labor.

As for the squeak with the clutch out, definitely the TOB. Don't bother with the stock "redesigned" replacement unless they're going to do it under warranty. I've had 2 of the "redesigned" replacements, they fail just as quick as the original design. I might as well have a scheduled appointment every 10 months at my local dealer for that stupid TOB. :thumbdown:

Good luck to both of you guys getting them done. Hope you have better luck than I have. Once I got out of warranty I'll be switching to the TSK.

Brianburkhart1

Reaction score
Hay Matt thx for the reply the truck only has 33k on it I think that's a little early for a clutch I think But I ordered the urd kit last night hopefully get it in this weekend wish it was under warranty.

asianized

Reaction score
Hay Matt thx for the reply the truck only has 33k on it I think that's a little early for a clutch I think But I ordered the urd kit last night hopefully get it in this weekend wish it was under warranty.

U ordered the whole clutch kit or just the throw out bearing sleeve kit?

NHXRUNNER

"New Hampster"
Staff member
Reaction score

Pretty sure he meant just the TSK. :top:

Brianburkhart1

Reaction score
ya just the bearing /sleeve kit from urd it actually went into shop this A.M. for the change out funny thing is it stopped chirping the other day and no shimmy whats so ever but not taking a chance and having it replaced. I dont think the old bearing was sliding on the shaft like it was suppose to causing the shimmy on take off.

Top Bottom