Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Transmission help

justin13703

Reaction score
Their final decision was that it was abused. They wouldn't look into it, send anyone out for a second opinion, nothing. They set their decision completely in stone when they originally made it. And the dealership could have easily ate the cost of it and went after extra care if they wanted, but apparently they thought they could talk me into buying another car from them.

And I won't get anything back from that warranty. Extra care made it completely clear that they will absolutely do nothing about this situation, even saying that any further correspondence about the transmission will immediately be refused if it comes up with my vin number.

dramad1

Reaction score
Crooks. I'm still battling my extended warranty. I haven't heard anything for a few months. I receive phone calls from time to time from them asking the same questions over and over. I have a feeling I will not see it anytime soon. To bad they didn't put a recall out for the tranny. I get one for everything else though.

justin13703

Reaction score
Crooks. I'm still battling my extended warranty. I haven't heard anything for a few months. I receive phone calls from time to time from them asking the same questions over and over. I have a feeling I will not see it anytime soon. To bad they didn't put a recall out for the tranny. I get one for everything else though.

They must be too busy issuing recalls to keep jackasses from "unintentionally accelerating" their vehicle, than to issue one that'll cover this piece of crap they placed between our engine and driveshaft...

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
They just decided to sweep you under the carpet, and wash you hands of it. Damn dude.

Gadget

Reaction score
You should call me. I will tell you how to fix it.

G

Bulldogger

Reaction score
Said it from the beginning once the dealer starts calling a warranty company to tell them about the mods they are looking to avoid doing the repair. Aftermarket warranties usually suck after one slightly expensive repair. They basically red flag you. I posted a link of a tranny guy in Florida has our trannys redone cost was $1400

justin13703

Reaction score
Well I just got off the phone with gadget. And gadget is the man. For real lol. Hopefully the truck will be back to normal here within the next couple days.

justin13703

Reaction score
null_zps35ea6b09.jpg

Truck should be running again by tomorrow night. I'll be glad to finally put this crap behind me. And maybe buy a new set of headlights. Lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
No joke. Be good to finally have your truck back up and running!

justin13703

Reaction score
Yeah, first thing I'm gonna do when I have the time is to clean that thing inside and out top to bottom lol

justin13703

Reaction score
Well, the other transmission is in. It went pretty smoothly and only took about 3 hrs. Unfortunately the place I was going to go to get fluid was closed for inventory. So tomorrow morning I'll be getting fluid for it and see how it turns out.

Slywhitty

"Midget Magnet"
Reaction score
Guess its time to start cleaning lol. Glad to hear your gonna be up and running again. I know how it feels. Mine was down for a year when the motor blew.

justin13703

Reaction score
Guess its time to start cleaning lol. Glad to hear your gonna be up and running again. I know how it feels. Mine was down for a year when the motor blew.

Lol yeah I'm gonna drive it to work tomorrow and see how everything does. Apparently it's revobreaker's transmission from before he did the t56 swap. So now I have an 07/09 hybrid lol

06 xrunner

Reaction score
Right on man hopefully everything drives alright once fluid is in

justin13703

Reaction score
Put transmission fluid in this morning, everything seems to be running fine. Clutch is good, all the gears go in smoothly, no funny noises or anything.

Big thanks to gadget, he saved my ass on this one.

The only problem I'm having is engine electrical noise through my sound system. There was a gold colored screw that we couldn't find out where it went, I'm thinking it was a ground screw somewhere. I'll have to talk to the guy that took it apart and see if he remembers.

justin13703

Reaction score
Forgot to update this, but the electrical noise was because my battery was dead. Once I hooked it to a charger overnight it all went away. So I'm glad to say the only minor issue I had out of this has been taken care of and I can get back to enjoying my truck, just in time for snow to be around the corner and have to put it away. Lol

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Now, just change the gear oil regularly. And it should last a long time. Don't go 20k miles + between changes.

Top Bottom