Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD push button ignition

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
As the spark to my kit, I think that can be worked out. My whole goal is to provide an easy install, reliable kit, and Gadget like support; Lol, thats going to be the kicker!

S7ick, honestly, what are you looking for when you think of pushstart? AKA tell me what you invision it being. Sounds simple, but my idea may be different, or your idea may be better :p

Thanks my brutha. Well for me, I wanted a remote start trigger to delay the potential theft of my Tacoma. Along with 2 sirens, and a remote mounted Braille battery, I think it would significantly slow someone down. Aside from that, just be cool to have.

I originally saw that TRD starter button on eBay and thought, that would be a great place to start. I haven't decided on a mounting location for the push button, but I'm guessing that left of the column next to the fog switch will likely be most ergonomic. Turn the key with your right hand, push start button and off you go.

As for your plans to market this.....that should work awesome. I'll help spread the word and bring in customers. ;)

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Thanks my brutha. Well for me, I wanted a remote start trigger to delay the potential theft of my Tacoma. Along with 2 sirens, and a remote mounted Braille battery, I think it would significantly slow someone down. Aside from that, just be cool to have.

I originally saw that TRD starter button on eBay and thought, that would be a great place to start. I haven't decided on a mounting location for the push button, but I'm guessing that left of the column next to the fog switch will likely be most ergonomic. Turn the key with your right hand, push start button and off you go.

As for your plans to market this.....that should work awesome. I'll help spread the word and bring in customers. ;)

Haha thats a complete security system my man, If you ever come to the states or me to hawaii, We could look into something for you :p But I mean more of just the button, AKA how you want it setup, Because believe it or not, you will not have to turn the key for my setup. (You can choose to, if you dont wanna disable the anti theft wheel lock)

Here is what I mean: (This is my current setup)
Get in Truck
Flip switch to ON;
Push Button...
VROOM VROOM

Here is my IDEAL setup:
Get in truck
Push button for 2 seconds (Car senses you are there and verifies your identity, aka keyfob)
VROOM VROOM

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score
First method works for me bro. The 2nd method would be great too, but how easy will it be to integrate with various alarm systems? I'm running a Clifford (forget which model) and I would need it to work with that fob I'm thinking...

Workman3886

Reaction score
Did you bypass the clutch safety? I know its for the best to have it active... but the idea is so sweet!

As far as location, I was thinking below the center dash drivers side vent, seems like a good spot, of course it isn't hidden... so many ideas!

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score
Haha thats a complete security system my man, If you ever come to the states or me to hawaii, We could look into something for you :p But I mean more of just the button, AKA how you want it setup, Because believe it or not, you will not have to turn the key for my setup. (You can choose to, if you dont wanna disable the anti theft wheel lock)

Get in Truck
Flip switch to ON;
Push Button...
VROOM VROOM

Here is my IDEAL setup:
Get in truck
Push button for 2 seconds (Car senses you are there and verifies your identity, aka keyfob)
VROOM VROOM

How much do you think it will cost to do your "IDEAL" setup? I would be completely satisfied with your current set up though. Congrats on accomplishing it and post some more pics once you finished:top:

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Did you bypass the clutch safety? I know its for the best to have it active... but the idea is so sweet!

As far as location, I was thinking below the center dash drivers side vent, seems like a good spot, of course it isn't hidden... so many ideas!

As for Install location, it really is custom. The dash location you mentioned is where I am going to put mine, right under the vent :)

And no, the clutch safety is NOT bypassed, This actually caused me to laugh, I hooked up the connections in such a way that if I had the vehicle in the ON position, and THEN pressed the clutch to start it, it would start on its own....I had a good time figuring that one out, because I could imagine the starter engaging everytime you shift gears ;)

S7ickman, thats awesome, I was just making sure people didnt get too high of hopes for the first version of these (as in like factory lol) and the manner at which I enabled the push start SHOULDNT, not saying wont, interfere with any alarm.

How much do you think it will cost to do your "IDEAL" setup? I would be completely satisfied with your current set up though. Congrats on accomplishing it and post some more pics once you finished:top:

Well as it stands now, I am going to build a deployment ready version of the current setup. Then I will build another one with my ideal setup, of course that being in the future, Its hard to give a pricerange as I dont know yet. But seeing as it contains a COMPLETELY different module, It would probably be significantly more seeing as keyfobs would have to be sent with the kit.

Last edited:

SooRunner

Reaction score

Get in Truck
Flip switch to ON;
Push Button...
VROOM VROOM

Here is my IDEAL setup:
Get in truck
VROOM VROOM

For option 1, Here is my 2 cents if I may....

Go find an OEM fog light switch to replace that toggle switch before you push the start button so it won't look so tacky plus thieves wouldn't know you have to press down on that "OEM fog light switch" to start the truck.....PLUS it will fit with all the empty slot on the left side under the vents...

I found an OEM fog light switch but I'm using that to hook up my rear view camera so I can turn it on and off while driving. I found an oem tailgate camera on fleabay....Now its just trying to figure out the wiring.

OEM fog lights are about $50-$60....:adore:

S7ICKlVlAN

Reaction score

Go find an OEM fog light switch to replace that toggle switch before you push the start button so it won't look so tacky plus thieves wouldn't know you have to press down on that "OEM fog light switch" to start the truck.....PLUS it will fit with all the empty slot on the left side under the vents...

I found an OEM fog light switch but I'm using that to hook up my rear view camera so I can turn it on and off while driving. I found an oem tailgate camera on fleabay....Now its just trying to figure out the wiring.

Good place for switches.... CLICK HERE

Here's another link

Moneyblind

Reaction score

Thanks for the input mate, but please realize I am in the research and development phase; AKA Nothing is refined yet. I am NOT going to ship a shitty product, and that includes a "tacky" toggle switch. :top:

The FINISHED product will be slick, and tasteful.

Here's another link

Woa, Nice links mate! Going to look into these :) Maybe I can add an option to what button they get, so they can go with the cool looking "Start" button, or the stealthy lights button that SooRunner suggested!

Last edited:

Sproulesxrunner

Reaction score

Here's another link

SC-1AL.jpg

I found that under the first link you posted haha. I would rock it lol.

Workman3886

Reaction score
Sproulesxrunner said:
I found that under the first link you posted haha. I would rock it lol.

Haha, I would rock this too! That's a pretty sweet switch!

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude! All about the "Passenger Eject" cover. Lol.

Moneyblind

Reaction score
Dude! All about the "Passenger Eject" cover. Lol.

Ohh dont you worry about that Torspd, I already have the "Girlfriend Ejection Switch" Mod in the works, consisting of breakaway pins on the doors and a sliding rail system on the seat. ;)

bombs

"Affliction Guy"
Reaction score
Ohh dont you worry about that Torspd, I already have the "Girlfriend Ejection Switch" Mod in the works, consisting of breakaway pins on the doors and a sliding rail system on the seat. ;)
:laugh::laugh:

Love this thread! I could only find one TRD push button here but it looks pricey. Still though, I would love to have this mod.

Workman3886

Reaction score
bombs said:
:laugh::laugh:

Love this thread! I could only find one TRD push button here but it looks pricey. Still though, I would love to have this mod.

$175, steep but compared to other TRD parts I guess it isn't too bad, looks like it takes a wire harness in the back too... wonder how much the harness would run... this is the most exciting thread lol

Scarface

Reaction score
moneyblind;829504 In regards to the remote start stuff said:
I will gladly do this since I believe my brain box is jacked up anyhow. Maybe you could help me figure out what's wrong with it???

Moneyblind

Reaction score
I will gladly do this since I believe my brain box is jacked up anyhow. Maybe you could help me figure out what's wrong with it???

Haha, Scarface, let me get a couple of installs done before we tackle that, sounds like it can get pretty hairy!! But what do you mean by your brainbox? The ECM? The remote start module? The bypass module? If your talking about the stock ECM, then we are going to have some issues, that thing is a monster lol

Scarface

Reaction score
Haha, Scarface, let me get a couple of installs done before we tackle that, sounds like it can get pretty hairy!! But what do you mean by your brainbox? The ECM? The remote start module? The bypass module? If your talking about the stock ECM, then we are going to have some issues, that thing is a monster lol

Stock ecm... everything works but my lights are Hardwired straight to the switch now since they stopped working through the ecm.... someone did it for me while I looked over their shoukder. everything else works fine. remote startall my outlets. fogs. sorry for thread jack

Moneyblind

Reaction score
I would like to give everyone an update! The install progress is moving right along; The engine has started, some safety measures are in place. Now moving onto the last piece of the development puzzle, and thats the RFID scanner, I am going to go about this 2 different ways, one, is obviously going to be cooler, but harder cause it involves alot of advanced radio mathematics and calculations. But this is the one I want :)

I also received ALOT of products in the mail today, SOOOO I might diverge and install my new shiny URD stuff :)

Stock ecm... everything works but my lights are Hardwired straight to the switch now since they stopped working through the ecm.... someone did it for me while I looked over their shoukder. everything else works fine. remote startall my outlets. fogs. sorry for thread jack

No! Its fine mate! Are you located in the states or litterally down under? If your in the states I can let you text me, or PM is fine, doesnt matter.

Testing something like that would require me to be abe to measure the voltage on the outputs of your computer and what not. I do admit, I never messed with any Vehicles ECM, but the principles of electronics remain the same. Guess what I am trying to say is, It would be much easier in person :) But i will do my best!

Last edited:
Top Bottom