Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TRD SC Numbers?

5H4D0WD347H

Reaction score
That is also why more should participate in the accel video thread.

The time it takes to accelerate a vehicle with a known mass from point A to B shows real power to the wheels.

It also massively limits the affects of driver error.

http://www.xr-underground.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=30022&page=33&highlight=acceleration+video

If the truck isnt making the power claimed, its times wont be comparable to others with similar 'known' power levels.

There is more to this then peak power folks... Its about whats under the curve.

I can spray a 200 shot of nitrous between 6,000 and 6,200 RPMs and make 600 + HP; but does that mean it is faster then a 350 or 400 HP truck?

Last edited:
Reaction score
DING DING DING DING

We have a winner.
All the debate about dyno figures, unless you're all running on the same one with the same operator, its not worth debating about IMHO

Hit the track, boys

I doubt that truck will every see the track and if it does he will have the world's most horrible launch.

Torspd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a reverse launch. :laugh:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
TRD SC'd trucks are slow, that's about it lol.

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
it is, you just don't know it lol. 13's arent fast.

Murderface

Reaction score
Who said anything about 13's? I gotta do a new accel vid/data log here soon. My last vid had a URd 2.825" upper, smaller primary long tubes and a 2 1/2" catback, now I got an NST lower, 61lb primaries, 7th inj, 1 5/8" primary long tubes, 3" catback and I lighter FW. Last data log I did with this setup had me at 5.75 sec 40-90, too bad that log has long been lost. That was on 93 pump gas, still gotta do an E85 log with this setup too

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score
Who said anything about 13's? I gotta do a new accel vid/data log here soon. My last vid had a URd 2.825" upper, smaller primary long tubes and a 2 1/2" catback, now I got an NST lower, 61lb primaries, 7th inj, 1 5/8" primary long tubes, 3" catback and I lighter FW. Last data log I did with this setup had me at 5.75 sec 40-90, too bad that log has long been lost. That was on 93 pump gas, still gotta do an E85 log with this setup too

I don't see a timeslip anywhere in all that BS. Quit bench racing and take the bitch down the track. :rolleyez:

Murderface

Reaction score
I don't see a timeslip anywhere in all that BS. Quit bench racing and take the bitch down the track. :rolleyez:

What's that gonna prove? That I can't take it down the track? I've never hit the 1/4 mile and probably never will with this truck. An accel vid will show all that needs to be shown

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
TRD SC'd trucks are slow, that's about it lol.

Hate to beat this dead horse....but...my truck seemed to disprove that theroy....ask butters:crinklehair:

HP is easy, Clifford, traction is tough part....(as much as I hate to qoute that ass hole..he has a point...:top:)

And John, enough with the- daily-driver-dont-want-too-hurt-it BS..... take it to the damn track, and prove to to us its fast. (Oh snap):laugh:

Clifford

because race truck
Reaction score
sup 500 hp in a 4k lbs vehicle, slow. fast = lows 12s or better. Just saying. Quick on the other hand, that's another story, TRD trucks are quick, for being a truck. But I guess owning faster vehicles ruined me lol.

Hate to beat this dead horse....but...my truck seemed to disprove that theroy....ask butters:crinklehair:

:

I bolt on RSX can beat butters down the track, that doesnt say much, we both know you would get killed from a roll lol.

Last edited:

sdxrunner619

Reaction score
What's that gonna prove? That I can't take it down the track? I've never hit the 1/4 mile and probably never will with this truck. An accel vid will show all that needs to be shown

False. Speedometers are not an accurate way of recording acceleration. Low tire pressure, diffrent sized tires...different gearing, down hill slope...etc...

Take it to a drag strip....or a runway/perfectly flat road with a GPS accelerometer like what car magazines use for getting 0-60, etc....

Pass time or GPS time....your choice....:top:

blackx-runner

"White Flash"
Reaction score

How about an accel video from a stop covering a 1/4 mile length.

I can't brag about my time at all. It isn't shit with all my mods, but I did take it down the track and I did post a time.

Top Bottom