Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

URD MK2 exhaust, URD y-pipe, DT shorties

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Looking to pull the trigger on all the above to go with my URD intake, and MAF calibrator.

Any issues u guys know about?

I dont wanna lose much/any low end Tq if I can help it..................I also dont want longtubes

I know Force fed is the other way to go for max gains, but Im not ready to swallow that pill yet.

Just waiting on input from u guys, and a callback from G to finalize things.

I heard someone say its "loud".................any good clips of the exhaust setup I mentioned, complete with headers and y-pipe?

Thanks!

~Brock

1GRracer

"Pete"
Reaction score
You'll like the power, maybe not the sound. If so add in another muffler or a resonator.

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
You'll like the power, maybe not the sound. If so add in another muffler or a resonator.

I was hopin to see a few familiar faces........................u being 1

yeah, Im gunna try without a resonator and go from there.....maybe it wont be too bad :dontknow:

thanx for chiming in!

and I see Werty!!!! perfect

Last edited:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Just get long tubes,dont waste ur money on shorties

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Just get long tubes,dont waste ur money on shorties

can u get into more details.....................I dont wanna spend more on sims, and lose TQ.

I thought shorties helped with TQ, and allowed u to not use 02 sims.

If I have things backwards tho, someone please correct me with any info/link/charts......I dont wanna screw this up :giggity:

JPAYNE722

Reaction score
Ya, you keep your cats with shorties,have to use o2 simulaters,they say you loss tq but going from stock headers to jba or dtlt your not going to notice any loss what so ever. Plus u can still swap the stock headers back on you can sell your aftermarket ones. Plus dtlt come with o2 $imulaters and possible the new jba's im not 100% on that

Gators Taco

<a . href="http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/sho
Reaction score
Get the long tubes and relocate the O2s. If your going to spend the time to weld cats onto the short tube you might as well cut them off the Y pipe and weld them into the new Y pipe and weld a bung after the cat. You will need the O2 extension for the front one.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
What you have listed is a great setup! There will be a bit of rasp but like mentioned you could fix that with a resonator.

As mentioned above though I would not get shorties and go straight to long tubes. Long tubes on their own are IMO one of the best bolt on power adders to your truck. As far as people 'claiming to loose low end' it's hardly noticeable and the gains above 2500rpm are VERY noticeable!

It will be loud catless but if you want options are available like welding in high flow cats or resonators.

An o2 sim will be required if you emilinate the front cats but comes as a package deal when you buy it all, and I highly recommend buying the o2 extension harness to relocated your AFR sensors to the collector instead of in a single runner.

That's my 02, slywitty and I both race autoX with our trucks, I have longtubes, stock y and MKII exhaust, while slywitty has longtubes, urd y, and magnaflow cat back and his times are better than mine....(driver mod maybe lol) what I am getting at is the so called loss of low end is so small it really means dick when it comes to the top end gain and sweet sounding exhaust!

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
ok...................long tubes it is

still gotta check with gadget and find out which URD Y-pipe I need......Prerunner= not 4wd, but IS based on the 4wd suspension, and I dont know if it makes a difference.

I also need to find out about what gaskets to get, since Im going lontube and URD Y-pipe.....not sure if they all mate up well with 1 gasket over another.....Id hate to have leaks

wishlist is filled as such:

THY-515-LS-C Thorley Header, Tacoma 05+ V6, FJ 07-09 - LONG TUBE
Include Gaskets : :+11.0000
Add Dual Rear O2 Simulator : Yes :+80.0000
Price: $485.00

URD Competition Y-Pipe for 4WD Tacoma V6 2005+
Include Gaskets : :+9.9900
Price: $489.00

URD O2 Sensor Extension Harness
Price: $50.00

URD Stainless 3" Mk2 Exhaust 2005+ Tacoma V6
Price: $529.00

shall all be moved to my "cart" as soon as I get more info.............thanks for the help! :blurock:

Last edited:

T4C0CH40S

Reaction score
so jealous! this same list + the afe stage 2 intake is sitting in my cart and has been for about 2 months......:disappointed:

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
You have a off road package tacoma according to your profile so don't you have 4wd capability? lol if so prerunner 4wd y-pipe will work fine.

hottacoX

Staff member
Reaction score
For gaskets get the crush gaskets that urd sells, maybe even a second set is good to have on hand, the crush gaskets are one time use only and go between the long tubes and the y pipe.

The gasket from the header to block is double layered steel and re-useable there is a gasket between the y and catback, I destroyed mine getting it out of the stock catback and bought a new one from the dealer for $40. So my advice is take your time with that one cause it is reusable.

That's it. You got everything you need listed and you will love it:top:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Order placed...........Thanks XRU and Gadget!

BTW, I went with DTLT's
+gaskets

02 sims

02 sim extension harness

MK2 Exhaust

URD Y-Pipe
+ gaskets

I ordered the 2wd y-pipe since I assume the 4wd one is curved differently due to having a front shaft to curve around?

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
stuff is on a fedex truck now.....cant wait

I assume that the thorleys will get a set of 02 sensors down at the collector which is why I needed the 02 sim extender?

Then what, plug the Y-pipe bungs with caps?

Or am I not thinking clearly?
broke up a fight at work 2 days ago and Im a little medicated and groggy.....gunna get to bed soon (it is 0430)

kinda lost, and dont have parts in hand yet, nor instructions

ToyotaTacoma4Ever

Reaction score
Your AFR sensor (first sensor) is what goes in the collector of the LT with the help of the extensions, then plug the single bungs in the middle bank tubes

Your y-pipe needs the O2 simulator so you'll need your bungs for the rear O2 sensors so you don't throw a CEL

Last edited:

wolfpack_5150

Jangley
Reaction score
Your AFR sensor (first sensor) is what goes in the collector of the LT with the help of the extensions, then plug the single bungs in the middle bank tubes

Your y-pipe needs the O2 simulator so you'll need your bungs for the rear O2 sensors so you don't throw a CEL

just about to shut down the computer and took a look here.

Thank you!!

I think i got it now :adore:

triumphx

Reaction score
Wish i would of caught you in time, i'm about to part out my truck and i have all these items. Oh well, enjoy and yes you will want a resonator, which i do have as well.

Top Bottom