Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NEWS X-Fest West 2009

Gadget

Reaction score
This is the positive "can do" attitude that makes this forum great!!!

G

Venomous_X

Reaction score
I wont be going to Texas in november, Damn thats a 60 hour round trip drive for us Nor-Cali's. It took us a little over 13 to havasu I was whipped after that
nm would have been 15 hours one way, I can honestly say i feel your pain...but in all fairness I dont know so much about the tx crew, but i speak for mississippi, arkansas, alabama and all the nearby states when i saw we dont really have or get to have any badass meats like huntington beach, havasu, xfe, xfw...because they are always just a tad out of reach.....I think it would be fair if next year we geared it towards us southern folk so we can represent our true colors....instead of having to organize mod days and meets than become a hindrance to the host due to massive size. If it were sponsored it would be even more fun to get together....Just some food for thought :top:

RedXRunner

"Splash Baby Douchecanoe"
Reaction score
there is always next year! so start modding your trucks lol

THE MACF

Reaction score
I know what you mean but the current rumor is that next years XFE will be much closer for us southeners. So we should get a break on that.

nm would have been 15 hours one way, I can honestly say i feel your pain...but in all fairness I dont know so much about the tx crew, but i speak for mississippi, arkansas, alabama and all the nearby states when i saw we dont really have or get to have any badass meats like huntington beach, havasu, xfe, xfw...because they are always just a tad out of reach.....I think it would be fair if next year we geared it towards us southern folk so we can represent our true colors....instead of having to organize mod days and meets than become a hindrance to the host due to massive size. If it were sponsored it would be even more fun to get together....Just some food for thought :top:

I would definitely be down for a Texfest in November. Especially after missing two XFE's. All the major citys are less than 12 hour straight shots on the freeway

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Klint, do you have problem with regular members planning and hosting an xru event.?

By all means you guys can put together your own events whenever and where ever your wish. Unfortunately, I can't sponsor any other events this year. I have other web projects outside of XRU that require my time and attention and I have already devoted the same resources to this year's X-Fest as I did last year. I would however appreciate the professional courtesy of not calling it "X-Fest" since that's a name that I chose for the events specifically organized by the website and I would rather not confuse people.

With that said - when you get things more in order, contact me.

in all fairness I dont know so much about the tx crew, but i speak for mississippi, arkansas, alabama and all the nearby states when i saw we dont really have or get to have any badass meats like huntington beach, havasu, xfe, xfw...

Not true. The very first X-Fest was in Atlanta. Louisiana is actually closer to Atlanta than Virginia is (and most of the people that attended it) - and we even had members drive from New Jersey and Indiana to that meet (14 hours one way). At this point I feel that we have put an X-Fest within fairly reasonable reach of all states East of the Mississippi, with the exception of our brothers up near the Great Lakes and in deep New England. If anyone has gotten the shaft, it's been those guys.

Granted Texas is in an odd location and it's a damn large state. It's not EC - it's not WC. It probably should have it's own meet but I don't think that I can do any more than two of these things a year. The original plan was to only do one. I had never planned on doing an event that I couldn't organize or attend - but West Coasters got so upset after the first X-Fest that we decided to try for an X-Fest West. A little history for you guys on how and why.

trd_sport

Reaction score
^so what youre saying is we can plan it ourselves? I tried to get an event organized last year...lots of pms were ignored or never replied to. Does this mean we cant use anything with XRU for marketing of the event? I felt last year it was better for me to ask than just use it and upset people.

DrEaM MaKeR

Reaction score
Or can we organize an event on here and lets say call it Tex-fest? Or will that be a problem?

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
^so what youre saying is we can plan it ourselves?

Yes - of course you guys can plan a meet if you want.

Does this mean we cant use anything with XRU for marketing of the event?

No, you may not use the XRU name or brand. This is not an XRU sanctioned event. The only events that I'll put the website's name on, are events that I am involved in. I think that's fair.

It would be like hosting a large meet and coining it an Amsoil Event, using their logo and collateral to promote it but not involving them at all. I doubt they would like that much since you're out using their name to gain interest but not adhering to their guidelines for usage of their name, logo and materials. You would be using their name for your gain (even if it means gaining attendance and not money). In no way am I implying that I think you guys are trying to use XRU's name for profit.

Or can we organize an event on here and lets say call it Tex-fest? Or will that be a problem?

No problem with that at all. I have no desire to keep you guys from having an event and naming it something cool --- I just want to retain exclusive ownership and rights to XRU events as X-Fest.

Venomous_X

Reaction score
Its true since ive been on this forum. Havasu,tennessee, unfortunately i didnt own an xrunner for micro or whatever the florida meet was. I wasnt bitching but stating that i thought south was due. I wasnt driving a pregnant wife across country to meet a few guys now would i bring my five month old son across either. When he is older sure, but with kids and other responsibilities it is indeed alot harder to go to the further meets as such. We always see this argument so i will just close it here and continue to read instead of add positive or negative imput to help promote less aggravation to the forum. :dontknow:

RedXRunner

Reaction score
By all means you guys can put together your own events whenever and where ever your wish. Unfortunately, I can't sponsor any other events this year. I have other web projects outside of XRU that require my time and attention and I have already devoted the same resources to this year's X-Fest as I did last year. I would however appreciate the professional courtesy of not calling it "X-Fest" since that's a name that I chose for the events specifically organized by the website and I would rather not confuse people.

With that said - when you get things more in order, contact me.

Not true. The very first X-Fest was in Atlanta. Louisiana is actually closer to Atlanta than Virginia is (and most of the people that attended it) - and we even had members drive from New Jersey and Indiana to that meet (14 hours one way). At this point I feel that we have put an X-Fest within fairly reasonable reach of all states East of the Mississippi, with the exception of our brothers up near the Great Lakes and in deep New England. If anyone has gotten the shaft, it's been those guys.

Granted Texas is in an odd location and it's a damn large state. It's not EC - it's not WC. It probably should have it's own meet but I don't think that I can do any more than two of these things a year. The original plan was to only do one. I had never planned on doing an event that I couldn't organize or attend - but West Coasters got so upset after the first X-Fest that we decided to try for an X-Fest West. A little history for you guys on how and why.

with that said... the south can organize an event. you dont have to be there klint but in spirit. ill have a fullsize poster of you in every picture:laugh:

trd_sport

Reaction score
No, you may not use the XRU name or brand. This is not an XRU sanctioned event. The only events that I'll put the website's name on, are events that I am involved in. I think that's fair.

It would be like hosting a large meet and coining it an Amsoil Event, using their logo and collateral to promote it but not involving them at all. I doubt they would like that much since you're out using their name to gain interest but not adhering to their guidelines for usage of their name, logo and materials. You would be using their name for your gain (even if it means gaining attendance and not money). In no way am I implying that I think you guys are trying to use XRU's name for profit.
k2 I agree 100% thats why i tried to see if XRU would sponsor this before I put XRU on it. I wouldnt want to hurt what you have built.:top:

K2

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
k2 I agree 100% thats why i tried to see if XRU would sponsor this before I put XRU on it. I wouldnt want to hurt what you have built.:top:

I appreciate that Matt. But I don't think you would hurt it - I would trust you to host an X-Fest but I would like to be involved in the planning for it and the timing would have to be right not to cause me to have a heart attack trying to plan three of these at once. Maybe we need to talk next year about doing a formal X-Fest Central or something to that effect. I don't think that I want to do three events, but I can be swayed if there's enough interest.

RedXRunner

Reaction score
Well for the people that are heart broken due to this cancellation.

The texas crew are planning a big meet this November 8-5,2009 (click the link in my sig)
similar to the meet at Grumpy's and ToyotaTerritory but bigger and with sponsors/vendors.

texfestflyerflatat502.jpg

X-roller

Reaction score
Albuquerque blows!!!!!!!......and I live here....lame......:fail:

VooDooTrip

Reaction score
Um.. as a consolation prize.. Tacoberwest is still going on.. :D 65+ trucks, 10 vendors, 3 days of Tacoma's!!

RedXRunner

Reaction score
Um.. as a consolation prize.. Tacoberwest is still going on.. :D 65+ trucks, 10 vendors, 3 days of Tacoma's!!

thats around the corner :argh:

if i lived in cali i would def show up. and see them s-runners!

Top Bottom